This is who America is fighting.

Indeed they can, but to sublimate legitimate hate simply because it is harsh and distasteful and undesirable is silly.

The Japs and Krauts of WWII were dehumanized for a reason.
Are you making the case for Antifa?

No. Against them. Statues now. Book burning later.
They clearly hate fascism and racism. Why should they sublimate their hate?

No they do not. What they hate is the freedom of man guaranteed by the US Constitution.

If they cared for the law they would protest its non-enforcement on all counts, not whine that they are offended and seek to have freedoms restricted.
They aren't whining, they are counter demonstrating, which they have the freedom to do. The problem is that they let their emotions control their actions. Which you appear to be defending when you say that legitimate hate should not be sublimated. This is where you need to defend NAZI's and say that the hate Antifa emits is not legitimate.

They are not "counter-demonstrating". They are using a small group of idiots to give themselves legitimacy. Their hate is not legitimate because the source of their hate is dishonest. They make something out of nothing for political purposes.

The white supremacists are nothing. They have no influence outside themselves. They are an excuse for Antifa and its supporters to attempt to invoke a change that will not be permitted by a United States that remains under its Constitution.

Hey lefty. This is who you are. See the commie flags? THIS is who started the shit in C-Ville.

Donald Trump is fighting communism, just like the great Ronald Reagan. I was a fool to not see this before. Commies don't go away. They just change their names.

[/IMG]
"The Way We Were" Wasn't

Aunt Tifa is Uncle Joe's widow.
I think of " tail gunner Joe" , ol Joe McCarthy that fueled a major witch hunt and used buzz words like the Liberal are doing NOW. Then it was "communist". Now it multiple inflammatory words, like "Hate"," Racist" or "Fascism". Good old demagogue Joe was a demagogue like the libs are now. Liberals are now fueling a major which hunt and persecution of people that the "libs" don't agree with, they are the legacy of a new form of McCarthyism.

McCarthy was a drunk and a tad indelicate, but essentially correct. Consider the condition of our own government on the Democrat side.

Are you making the case for Antifa?

No they do not. What they hate is the freedom of man guaranteed by the US Constitution.

If they cared for the law they would protest its non-enforcement on all counts, not whine that they are offended and seek to have freedoms restricted.
They aren't whining, they are counter demonstrating, which they have the freedom to do. The problem is that they let their emotions control their actions. Which you appear to be defending when you say that legitimate hate should not be sublimated. This is where you need to defend NAZI's and say that the hate Antifa emits is not legitimate.

They are not "counter-demonstrating". They are using a small group of idiots to give themselves legitimacy. Their hate is not legitimate because the source of their hate is dishonest. They make something out of nothing for political purposes.

The white supremacists are nothing. They have no influence outside themselves. They are an excuse for Antifa and its supporters to attempt to invoke a change that will not be permitted by a United States that remains under its Constitution.
Of course they are counter demonstrating. What is dishonest about confronting Nazis? The actions are misguided but the cause sure seems just.

Of course they are counter demonstrating. What is dishonest about confronting Nazis? The actions are misguided but the cause sure seems just.

They are not confronting Nazis. They are Nazis confronting idiots for TV time.

Ummm, okay. These folks sound like Nazis to me.

Those "folks" are not the ones destroying art, history, and free speech. That is being done by the ones with Democrat and media backing.

What is WRONG with hate, anyway? Where do the liberals (or whatever they call themselves) stand on hate when THEY do it? it's appropriate sometimes. Perfectly human emotion. Hate is the flip side of love, and sometime people can have a inappropriate love, too. The love that people have for those that abuse them, or sexual love of children, or the love of inflicting pain or hurting people. Or any of the many forms of misplaced Love. I have to question WHY people are so naive to believe that they can STOP hate, and WHY they are so deluded that it's necessary? They might as well stop...an eclipse , or the color blue. This is such mass deluded nonsense and people jump on the bandwagon because it SOUNDS so damned righteous.

Where do the stand? They would like to stand on your grave. Or dead body's. Both will do.

Or grumpy white dudes who don't got jobs? Whatever they are, that group never made the news. Largely they were ignored until the democrat party made them famous again.

Hate is defined as a negative emotion. However, hate is often necessary for survival, and well-deserved by an enemy.
Jews, blacks and gays, as a group, have done nothing to deserve being labeled "the enemy" in this country and it should not be abided.

Those "folks" are not the ones destroying art, history, and free speech. That is being done by the ones with Democrat and media backing.

I'm not defending antifa actions. I'm simply saying that speaking out against Nazis is a just cause.

I'm not defending antifa actions. I'm simply saying that speaking out against Nazis is a just cause.

Um, hard to have sympathy for any race group really, but what about when it's you or your intrests in their sights? Your employer does something they don't like, maybe your kids school or you directly because you asked a question they think shouldn't be asked or a answer one in a way they don't like ? This mob action bullshit cuts both ways. ANTIFA members are fond of saying that "liberals get the bullet to".

Um, hard to have sympathy for any race group really, but what about when it's you or your intrests in their sights? Your employer does something they don't like, maybe your kids school or you directly because you asked a question they think shouldn't be asked or a answer one in a way they don't like ? This mob action bullshit cuts both ways. ANTIFA members are fond of saying that "liberals get the bullet to".

Did I not just say that I don't defend their actions.

Yes, but that was cowardly and dishonest. Iolance begats violance. If you don't condemn it all then you condone it all. That's pretty much how an a member of one of the many groups who organize under the ANTIFA flag woul put it. And the outcome of saying such a thing is eminently predictable, and that seems counterproductive to me.

Yes, but that was cowardly and dishonest. Iolance begats violance. If you don't condemn it all then you condone it all. That's pretty much how an a member of one of the many groups who organize under the ANTIFA flag woul put it. And the outcome of saying such a thing is eminently predictable, and that seems counterproductive to me.

I condemn the violence. And funny enough, if you look back to my first post in this thread you will see that my thinking is perfectly in line with yours.

I condemn the violence. And funny enough, if you look back to my first post in this thread you will see that my thinking is perfectly in line with yours.

This is a good thing. I take it for granted that no one will assume I'm a Nazi because i don't see their way of thinking.

Forum List

Back