This is the guy you support ??

rtwngAvngr said:
Can you summarize? I don't have the proper plugins installed.

It appears Mally has decided that a person who is not the best orator is not worthy of being President.

Newsflash for ya bub: I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't vote for people based on their ability to articulate.

OK.. I will try to summarize for you.

Its bascially a collection of things he says where you are like WTF ?? What they heck is he saying ? And it has to make one think, at least it does me , that I cant believe this guy is our president. Granted both candidates werent the best. But I Still think Kerry was better. Most people use the flip flop issue, But to me I would rather have a guy who will change his mind if he realizes he was wrong vs a man who will make a bad decision and stick with it cause thats the one he made. I would much rather have a guy try to right the wrong.

But the thing that just kills me is when you watch these things its just embarrasing that he is my president. I think one could honestly understand how I could think that when watching those. And granted those vidoes are what turned me. They are just amunition for what I have always thought. That he is not the brightest bulb in the drawer. All Politicians lie, democrat or republican, but at least give me someone who can lie to me well...LOL

So I guess if someone was running with a first grade vocabulary you could potentially vote for them ? Judging by your reply that sounds like what you are saying. Doesnt the president need to represent our country well ? And isnt speaking well a part of that ? I mean thats how people form impressions and impressions are very very important. The example I always use is if the CEO of your company sounded like that , lets say IBM , DEll, Microsoft, they would be ousted !!! The board would not put up with it.

GunnyL said:
It appears Mally has decided that a person who is not the best orator is not worthy of being President.

Newsflash for ya bub: I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't vote for people based on their ability to articulate.

Mally said:
OK.. I will try to summarize for you.

Its bascially a collection of things he says where you are like WTF ?? What they heck is he saying ? And it has to make one think, at least it does me , that I cant believe this guy is our president. Granted both candidates werent the best. But I Still think Kerry was better. Most people use the flip flop issue, But to me I would rather have a guy who will change his mind if he realizes he was wrong vs a man who will make a bad decision and stick with it cause thats the one he made. I would much rather have a guy try to right the wrong.

But the thing that just kills me is when you watch these things its just embarrasing that he is my president. I think one could honestly understand how I could think that when watching those. And granted those vidoes are what turned me. They are just amunition for what I have always thought. That he is not the brightest bulb in the drawer. All Politicians lie, democrat or republican, but at least give me someone who can lie to me well...LOL

Bush is plain spoken and succinct generally. Though yeah, sometimes he gums it up. Kerry on the other hand emits a fog of words in which he seems to take both sides of the issue. That's not changing your mind, that's being AFRAID to take a stand because you're trying to be all things to all people. In fact, I remember a story about a network giving Kerry second chances during a taped interveiw because he had no discernable point. Remember that? Oh, and after all the yammering about Kerry being so smart, I believe when the records came out, Bush actually had the higher iq. Remember that? I can find you links if you wish.

Mally said:
So I guess if someone was running with a first grade vocabulary you could potentially vote for them ? Judging by your reply that sounds like what you are saying. Doesnt the president need to represent our country well ? And isnt speaking well a part of that ? <b>I mean thats how people form impressions and impressions are very very important.</b> The example I always use is if the CEO of your company sounded like that , lets say IBM , DEll, Microsoft, they would be ousted !!! The board would not put up with it.

Yes. Yes, they are. You're neither a good speaker, nor on your way to a good first impression.

Now what do we do?

Mally said:
So I guess if someone was running with a first grade vocabulary you could potentially vote for them ? Judging by your reply that sounds like what you are saying. Doesnt the president need to represent our country well ? And isnt speaking well a part of that ? I mean thats how people form impressions and impressions are very very important. The example I always use is if the CEO of your company sounded like that , lets say IBM , DEll, Microsoft, they would be ousted !!! The board would not put up with it.

If that firtst grade vocabulary said the right things, yes. What you have basically just said is that your vote is bought by superficiality and not substance.

Way to go.

Im sorry, but some out of context quotes and lines from a couple of the thousands of speeches bush has given over the course of his political career and an assumption that all those who follow him are morons is supposed to sway us to your opinion? BTW, what exactly is your opinion. You didnt really state it very clearly.

I'm going to follow the old addage based on the next post i see from mally. Either we'll see growth or we'll pop out the oldie but goodie :trolls:.

Mally said:
Im not the president. Your evading the point.

No. You're just a voter who votes for fancy words poorly used over substantive, meaningful simple language.

Ok Gunny thats cool, so you dont care what your president sounds like, you dont care if he often sounds like a complete idiot in public. Ok thats cool, I accept that. No problems here, thats what I wanted to know. Do other people feel the same way ? So when you watch those videos you bascially say , meh , that dont bother me , he is doing what I like ? And if so thats fair. I wholeheartedly disagree but I accept your opinion.

GunnyL said:
If that firtst grade vocabulary said the right things, yes. What you have basically just said is that your vote is bought by superficiality and not substance.

Way to go.

Mally said:
Ok Gunny thats cool, so you dont care what your president sounds like, you dont care if he often sounds like a complete idiot in public. Ok thats cool, I accept that. No problems here, thats what I wanted to know. Do other people feel the same way ? So when you watch those videos you bascially say , meh , that dont bother me , he is doing what I like ? And if so thats fair. I wholeheartedly disagree but I accept your opinion.

I always think Bush sounds fine. He makes sense. Sometimes he flubs a word. Kerry sounds like a poser. Posers like posers, though, right Mally, you pseudointellectual?

Ive never claimed to be an intellectual at all. In fact I know im not. I do know that I am smarter than George though. I would put my money down on an IQ test , me against him and I would bet everything I would win.

Mally said:

Mally---My grandfather couldn't read nor write but farmed for 50 years and could DO anything ( including give (yes GIVE) John Deere ideas on how to improve their farm equipment ). If you went to his farm, guess who would look like the complete idiot. Get some depth.

Mally said:
Ive never claimed to be an intellectual at all. In fact I know im not. I do know that I am smarter than George though. I would put my money down on an IQ test , me against him and I would bet everything I would win.

:rolleyes:

Wait, you dont have the plugins, I honeslty dont think you could watch those videos and say that he sounds fine. He did not flub a word, he flubs whole sentences and personally I think its embarassing.

rtwngAvngr said:
I always think Bush sounds fine. He makes sense. Sometimes he flubs a word. Kerry sounds like a poser. Posers like posers, though, right Mally, you pseudointellectual?

Ok man you needa re-think your approach here. Yes, Bush is not the smartest man in the world but I woulda picked him over Kerry anyday! The last elections were not that good when it came to canidates.

Bush messed up on some words, that's it, he isn't #1 at knowing what every word means in the world. He's the President, yes, but he is still HUMAN and humans make mistakes wether they're the President or a damn Iraqi boy throwing rocks at a SAW Gunner, that's just that.

You needa get over it, your bitching isn't going to help nothing, Bush is President through and through, if you don't like it vote in 3 years and stand your ground. Till then, shut up and deal with it, you can't do shit about it.

Mally said:

So I guess Kerry actually tricks you with his barrage of half formed and contradictory thoughts. Too bad.

Mally said:

Quick, who's the President of Canada? :D

Forum List

Back