"This Is How They Treat Loyalty In Trump World"

They no longer recognize the justice system. Unless the decision is in their favor, of course.

Pretty handy, I'd say.

And they are so blinded by their worship of the man they cannot grasp the problems this will cause down the line.

I have no idea, I was not on the jury thus I did not hear what they did. It does not matter, he was found guilty, that is a FACT that you can lie about, but it is not going away.

You might want to understand some 'phacts'. There was no finding of guilt. There was no conviction. Civil cases determine liability and in this case, an appeal is likely.

Trumps word is irrelevant. He is supposed to be proven guilty. How do you prove someone guilty without any evidence?
That's in a criminal trial.

Jury finds Trump liable for sexual abuse, defamation in E. ...​

1706356423047.png
NBC News
https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › donald-trump › ju...

May 9, 2023 — Carroll sued the former president, accusing him of battery over an alleged rape in the 1990s and of defamation for calling her account a "hoax.".

The verdict carries no criminal implications. The legal standard for liability in the civil case — the preponderance of the evidence — wasn’t as high as in criminal cases. The civil benchmark is that it is more likely than not that something occurred, while the standard for convictions in criminal cases is proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Trump, first as president and then as a private citizen, called Carroll’s account a fiction that she concocted to boost book sales, and he has said she is “not my type.” He didn’t testify at the trial, but parts of his video deposition from October were played for the jury.

Carroll said that she called a friend, writer Lisa Birnbach, afterward to tell her what had happened and that Birnbach told her to call the police. Carroll said she told her “no way,” because she blamed herself for the attack.

Carroll also said that she told another friend, Carol Martin, what happened days later and that Martin urged her not to go to the police for fear Trump and his lawyers would “bury her.”

Birnbach and Martin both testified in Carroll’s behalf and supported her account.

That's in a criminal trial.

Jury finds Trump liable for sexual abuse, defamation in E. ...

View attachment 893724
NBC News
https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › donald-trump › ju...
May 9, 2023 — Carroll sued the former president, accusing him of battery over an alleged rape in the 1990s and of defamation for calling her account a "hoax.".

The verdict carries no criminal implications. The legal standard for liability in the civil case — the preponderance of the evidence — wasn’t as high as in criminal cases. The civil benchmark is that it is more likely than not that something occurred, while the standard for convictions in criminal cases is proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Trump, first as president and then as a private citizen, called Carroll’s account a fiction that she concocted to boost book sales, and he has said she is “not my type.” He didn’t testify at the trial, but parts of his video deposition from October were played for the jury.

Carroll said that she called a friend, writer Lisa Birnbach, afterward to tell her what had happened and that Birnbach told her to call the police. Carroll said she told her “no way,” because she blamed herself for the attack.

Carroll also said that she told another friend, Carol Martin, what happened days later and that Martin urged her not to go to the police for fear Trump and his lawyers would “bury her.”

Birnbach and Martin both testified in Carroll’s behalf and supported her account.
I dont find this to be relevant to our discussion.

I dont find this to be relevant to our discussion.
That doesn't surprise me.

Why didn't Trump testify?

www.nbcnews.com › politics › donald-trumpTrump won't testify in E. Jean Carroll rape and defamation ...

May 8, 2023 · Former President Donald Trump won’t testify in the civil trial over allegations he raped writer E. Jean Carroll in the 1990s. His attorneys did not issue a filing by the 5 p.m. Sunday

Former President Donald Trump won’t testify in the civil trial over allegations he raped writer E. Jean Carroll in the 1990s.

His attorneys did not issue a filing by the 5 p.m. Sunday deadline that Judge Lewis Kaplan set for them to notify the court if he wanted to testify. Closing arguments in the trial are set to begin at 10 a.m. Monday.

Lawyers for Trump and Carroll rested their case in the civil trial last week. Kaplan left open the possibility for Trump, who had said he would not appear in person, to take the witness stand in his own defense, giving him time to change his mind.

That doesn't surprise me.

Why didn't Trump testify?

www.nbcnews.com › politics › donald-trumpTrump won't testify in E. Jean Carroll rape and defamation ...

May 8, 2023 · Former President Donald Trump won’t testify in the civil trial over allegations he raped writer E. Jean Carroll in the 1990s. His attorneys did not issue a filing by the 5 p.m. Sunday

Former President Donald Trump won’t testify in the civil trial over allegations he raped writer E. Jean Carroll in the 1990s.

His attorneys did not issue a filing by the 5 p.m. Sunday deadline that Judge Lewis Kaplan set for them to notify the court if he wanted to testify. Closing arguments in the trial are set to begin at 10 a.m. Monday.

Lawyers for Trump and Carroll rested their case in the civil trial last week. Kaplan left open the possibility for Trump, who had said he would not appear in person, to take the witness stand in his own defense, giving him time to change his mind.
Wrong again.

We are not really at a crossroads, no matter who is elected this year the outcome will be the same, the country will go further into debt and we will have less freedom.

The mere fact we are stuck with Trump vs Biden II is all really anyone needs to know about the state of our country.
Well, it’s difficult to be optimistic these days, no doubt.

Well, it’s difficult to be optimistic these days, no doubt.

That is an understatement, never in my life would I have dreamed we would be stuck with two such shitty choices for POTUS.

There is literally no winning choice for the country.

That is an understatement, never in my life would I have dreamed we would be stuck with two such shitty choices for POTUS.

There is literally no winning choice for the country.
Trump is the obvious choice to me. Biden’s basically a vegetable..

It doesn’t matter one bit what you believe. A jury believe her and that is all that matters.
Why did they just take her word for it? The only reason they would do that is if they hate Trump. There is a bunch of evidence that points to this being false, but not one shred of evidence that its true.

Trump is the obvious choice to me. Biden’s basically a vegetable..

To me the choices are like being forced to choose between being shot or being poisoned, there is no right choice, there is no better choice.

Forum List

Back