This Happened To Me...

I was in college, and parking was crowded, but still available; you just had to walk a ways...

I parked way out and made my way through the nearer lots. A car was getting ready to pull out of a good spot, and another was waiting for the space with its turn light blinking. A third car saw the situation, sped up, and put its light on, like it was going to get the spot. Well, the lady pulling out knew who had been there first, and she pulled out of the spot in a way that the first car could get in and the other car was blocked.

The lady who had seen the spot first parked and got out of her car, and so did the guy who thought he was going to cheat her out of that spot. He got all up in her face yelling and cussing; I was ready to run for the help phones they have in the parking lot bc I seriously thought he was going to hit her. But after a minute, he went back to his car, she took off toward campus, and so did I. We hadn't gone very far when we hear this CRASH! That crazy guy had purposely smashed up the rear of her car, AND he was backing up to ram it again. I think he hit it like three or four times. Someone must have called campus security, bc they came to straighten out the mess.

It never ceases to amaze me... what makes some people think they DESERVE to have whatever they want? I could NEVER see myself purposely ramming a car just bc they got a good spot that I would've liked to have had. Insanity.

It doesn't appear that she learned anything, she called your employer after recognizing the shirt so that you would get your ass chewed for telling her she's a moron. Morons like this lady will never learn by anything like that, she probably still burns from the fact that you still work at the place after she called to complain about you.

I do have a question though. In my neck of the woods they shut off those damned lights when school is out, can the people in your local government maybe find the fricking off switch?

no1tovote4 said:
I do have a question though. In my neck of the woods they shut off those damned lights when school is out, can the people in your local government maybe find the fricking off switch?

Or some districts have switched to year-round school. Have you?

Pale Rider said:
You want to hear the kicker? When I got to work, I got called on the carpet and BITCHED at for calling her a moron... "because I had my work shirt on". She had called there and complained to my boss, whom told me that anywhere, anytime, I had to conduct myself in a professional manner as long as I had my work shirt on. I told him that what I do on my own time is none of the companies damn business, and that from now on I won't be wearing the damn shirt either to or from work.

I was so pissed. It ate at me all day, and I went home early.

ugh, i just had a day kind of like that today. got pulled over for expired tabs ---i am a week late on them, MY GOD, oh the humanity... Plus, i realized i hadn't got my new insurance card yet and the ones i had were expired. so i got a citation for BOTH of them, thus being 10 minutes late for work, though my boss is on vacation so no harm there.

but it ruined my day, and i just could not concentrate on anything...because in order to take care of both items, you have to show up IN PERSON at the courthouse to get charges dropped and free of fines. they close well before i get home from work.

so i faked sick and went home. i figured i would be more productive AFTER i took care of the ticket. good thing its friday.

basically, i know how it is when a problem/incident just eats at you, and it affects your concentration, it's best just to go home and start fresh in the morning.

Mr. P said:
LOL..Reminds me of when as a young CWO1..I told some guy to F-off in the BOQ late
one afternoon. (young helicopter pilots were like that)
Next morning on the way to work in uniform, I get on the elevator and he gets on right behind me, also in uniform, A DAMN MAJOR!!!Just me and him, I was sweating bullets on the 6 floor ride!
He said nothing, and I kept my mouth shut too and never spouted off at anyone like that again.. :bow3:
I know what you mean.
So there I was....
16 years old, at the movies.
Me and my buds were bored of the movie so we started throwing candy
at people sitting in the front to mid rows. After about ten minutes of this,
My main target gets up and walks towards us. IT WAS MY MOM!!!!!!!!!
Her and my Dad decided to see a movie since I was out and wha do ya know.
When she found out it was me, (to embarrass me) she made me sit by her for
the rest of the show. My friends STILL tease me about that!

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I know what you mean.
So there I was....

Which was the perfect time for "Gotcha mom...I knew it was you..do you think I would sit here and throw candy at strangers?"

GotZoom said:
Which was the perfect time for "Gotcha mom...I knew it was you..do you think I would sit here and throw candy at strangers?"
That might have worked.....
but my mom has LONG hair and I liked to lick the Hot Tomales before I threw
them so they would "stick".
Explain that one....

JOKER96BRAVO said:
That might have worked.....
but my mom has LONG hair and I like to lick the Hot Tomales before I throw
them so they "stick".
Explain that one....

Wait! You are still doing this? Give me back the rep points! :laugh:

Kathianne said:
Wait! You are still doing this? Give me back the rep points! :laugh:
Typo....
I forgot the d....
and some other stuff....
No, Really!!! That was the last time I threw candy at PEOPLE.
The screen was fair game untill I was 20, but that's another story.

Brats. The entire lot of you. :) Good thing some of us are always perfectly behaved.

Shattered said:
Brats. The entire lot of you. :) Good thing some of us are always perfectly behaved.
Say.....
You never saw any movies in Oklahoma about 10 years ago did ya?

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I know what you mean.
So there I was....
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Pale Rider said:
You want to hear the kicker? When I got to work, I got called on the carpet and BITCHED at for calling her a moron... "because I had my work shirt on". She had called there and complained to my boss, whom told me that anywhere, anytime, I had to conduct myself in a professional manner as long as I had my work shirt on. I told him that what I do on my own time is none of the companies damn business, and that from now on I won't be wearing the damn shirt either to or from work.

I was so pissed. It ate at me all day, and I went home early.

She was out of line. You showed a lot of class by trying to ignore her however, (my opinion) and this comes from wearing a company uniform and their policy. Anytime on/off the clock you wear their uniform, you are a representative of that company and should conduct yourself in a manner that doesn't bring reproach on it. Your best bet would have been to leave your windows up turned and smiled at her and drove on. No offense!

dont yo ujust love the ones that will speed after you in a residential zone to tell you to slow down?

no1tovote4 said:

This busy body fat head probably called and tried to get me ticketed too, and they told her to forget it. But her call may have had other influences... the lights are now turned OFF.

colehart said:
She was out of line. You showed a lot of class by trying to ignore her however, (my opinion) and this comes from wearing a company uniform and their policy. Anytime on/off the clock you wear their uniform, you are a representative of that company and should conduct yourself in a manner that doesn't bring reproach on it. Your best bet would have been to leave your windows up turned and smiled at her and drove on. No offense!

I now put my work uniform on when I GET to work, and take it OFF before I leave.

My own time is my own time. I don't dictate to my employer terms for his off time, and he's not going to dictate to me about mine.

That moron broad should thank her lucky stars it was me she was loud mouthing to, and not some road ragger. That's exactly how people get shot.

Pale Rider said:
I now put my work uniform on when I GET to work, and take it OFF before I leave.

My own time is my own time. I don't dictate to my employer terms for his off time, and he's not going to dictate to me about mine.

That moron broad should thank her lucky stars it was me she was loud mouthing to, and not some road ragger. That's exactly how people get shot.
That's smart to change at work & before you leave. Your employer has the right to dictate your actions as long as you wear "his" logo on the uniform. Does he pay for the uniforms? My job does not allow time to change into a uniform unless you get to work in time to do so. We start @ 7:00 a.m. and that means you are dressed and ready to work at 7:00. So cool your jets! Morons like this lady is not worth the aggravation of raising the blood pressure.

colehart said:
That's smart to change at work & before you leave. Your employer has the right to dictate your actions as long as you wear "his" logo on the uniform. Does he pay for the uniforms? My job does not allow time to change into a uniform unless you get to work in time to do so. We start @ 7:00 a.m. and that means you are dressed and ready to work at 7:00. So cool your jets! Morons like this lady is not worth the aggravation of raising the blood pressure.

And no, it does NOT say the name of where I work on my work shirts, but yes the boss pays for them. Although it does say "factory trained Harley Davidson Technician", and this is what the big mouthed broad recognized.

You're right this idiot woman may not be worth the aggravation, but those kinds of idiots are, and there's no getting around it.

I didn't fantisize blowing her head off, but I did think I'd have enjoyed knocking her out.

fuzzykitten99 said:
ugh, i just had a day kind of like that today. got pulled over for expired tabs ---i am a week late on them, MY GOD, oh the humanity... Plus, i realized i hadn't got my new insurance card yet and the ones i had were expired. so i got a citation for BOTH of them, thus being 10 minutes late for work, though my boss is on vacation so no harm there.

but it ruined my day, and i just could not concentrate on anything...because in order to take care of both items, you have to show up IN PERSON at the courthouse to get charges dropped and free of fines. ...
It could have been worse. Down here they would have towed your car, and given you a free ride TO JAIL.

Forum List

Back