This CNN gop debate is a disaster

And trump had no answer for how he will have Mexico pay for this wall.

Would you like him to repeat that too over, and over?

And I really do not understand why this "wall" is so controversial to start with. (yes I do, Democrat talking point, lol) The law has been in place, voted on by congress, and signed by a President to use "physical barriers to secure the border."

Now, if you want to say HOW he is going to finance the wall is CONTROVERSIAL, we can have that discussion. But as far as "the wall" itself, it is already law. He will just enforce the law already passed, and in place.

I was obviously talking about how he would pay for the wall. He was asked and had no answer as usual.
1. take it out of money we/US sends to Mexico. We pay countries to be our friends. We need to stop that.
2. Charge more for exporting money to Mexico. ie EFT's to Mexico.
3. Tarif.

So

We put a tariff on Mexican goods.
Mexican goods cost more and we buy less.
Mexican workers get laid off.
Mexican workers stream across the border for work
Except the wall is in the way and they can't get across.

Yes cause they can't find a ladder.

He did miss a lot of "important" Senate votes like ....um....um.....um
Like the spending bills......the bill defunding Planned Parenthood.......etc.
I love GOP debates because occasionally the candidates are honest. For example when Rubio admitted Trump and people like him are successful because their parents willed them $100 million dollars.

So true. If Trump's dad wasn't rich he'd be selling watches in Soho.
Yet so many lottery winners end up broke.
So did Trump, 10 times.
Link

Using bankruptcy court to settle debts doesn't mean you're broke. Chapter 13 is different from chapter 7. Might want to read up on the differences.

Not to mention Donald Trump has never declared either...

The driving force behind Trump is 2 fold, and 2 fold only,

1. Anti establishment, and

2. Illegal immigration.

Number 2 ties in with his economic ideas on how to put Americans back to work the easiest, so number 2 is a pocketbook issue and Illegal immigration, rolled into a tidy package.

Lets forget Kasich and Carson for a second, and look big picture----------->

Without 1 and 2, most of the Trump supporters are going to bolt, or drop off, especially blue collar Democrats. There is only 1 other person on that stage who has a chance to garner most of, or part of that support based on the criteria that those supporters find most important to them, and that is Ted Cruz.

I have been saying for a very long time, that Democratic votes are going to drop big time this election, at least LEGAL votes, because of lack of enthusiasm for their candidates.

Can any of the other 3 (Rubio, Carson, Kasich) win because of that drop, even losing much of the Trump support? I don't know, I just don't know.

But, I am more convinced than ever; even after last night, that if either Trump or Cruz get the nod, we will have a GOP President sworn in, in 2017. It is Trump/Cruz job if being named the nominee, to bring everyone back into the fold. I don't think Rubio can do it because of his establishment credentials after the gang of 8 bill.

If it is Rubio, I contend that blue collar Democrats will return to the Democratic party, and the anti-establishment voters will stay home in total disgust............unless Bernie is the Democratic nominee, at which point total fear may bring some of them to the polls, but not the massive outpouring that should have been with one of the other two.

And I really do not understand why this "wall" is so controversial to start with. (yes I do, Democrat talking point, lol) The law has been in place, voted on by congress, and signed by a President to use "physical barriers to secure the border."

Now, if you want to say HOW he is going to finance the wall is CONTROVERSIAL, we can have that discussion. But as far as "the wall" itself, it is already law. He will just enforce the law already passed, and in place.

I was obviously talking about how he would pay for the wall. He was asked and had no answer as usual.
1. take it out of money we/US sends to Mexico. We pay countries to be our friends. We need to stop that.
3. Tarif.

So 1 is just us paying for it. Less money sent might inspire more to cross the border.
Is 2 really gonna be enough to pay for a wall at all? Will 3 do anything other than increase prices for Americans?
Second plan is to tariff countries that don't pay a living wage (separate from the wall issue).
Consequence is goods cost more to import. The cost of a Microwave or an Iphone will go up. Cost of goods produced in America won't go up. So incentive to manufacture those goods here, in America, and bypass the Tariff's will make jobs in America. Who cares if goods are cheap if everyone is unemployed. And who cares if goods are more expensive if we can afford to buy them because we now have jobs making those goods.

3. Tarif.

So

Not a realistic approach to getting to the other side of a 30' wall.

3. Tarif.

So 1 is just us paying for it. Less money sent might inspire more to cross the border.
Is 2 really gonna be enough to pay for a wall at all? Will 3 do anything other than increase prices for Americans?
Second plan is to tariff countries that don't pay a living wage (separate from the wall issue).
Consequence is goods cost more to import. The cost of a Microwave or an Iphone will go up. Cost of goods produced in America won't go up. So incentive to manufacture those goods here, in America, and bypass the Tariff's will make jobs in America. Who cares if goods are cheap if everyone is unemployed. And who cares if goods are more expensive if we can afford to buy them because we now have jobs making those goods.

And you would do this for all items? Some items really should be made elsewhere. Consumers would really pay more, but would jobs really be created?

3. Tarif.

So

Why not? People could get over walls in medieval times, not going to stop them now.

The driving force behind Trump is 2 fold, and 2 fold only,

1. Anti establishment, and

2. Illegal immigration.

Number 2 ties in with his economic ideas on how to put Americans back to work the easiest, so number 2 is a pocketbook issue and Illegal immigration, rolled into a tidy package.

Lets forget Kasich and Carson for a second, and look big picture----------->

Without 1 and 2, most of the Trump supporters are going to bolt, or drop off, especially blue collar Democrats. There is only 1 other person on that stage who has a chance to garner most of, or part of that support based on the criteria that those supporters find most important to them, and that is Ted Cruz.

I have been saying for a very long time, that Democratic votes are going to drop big time this election, at least LEGAL votes, because of lack of enthusiasm for their candidates.

Can any of the other 3 (Rubio, Carson, Kasich) win because of that drop, even losing much of the Trump support? I don't know, I just don't know.

But, I am more convinced than ever; even after last night, that if either Trump or Cruz get the nod, we will have a GOP President sworn in, in 2017. It is Trump/Cruz job if being named the nominee, to bring everyone back into the fold. I don't think Rubio can do it because of his establishment credentials after the gang of 8 bill.

If it is Rubio, I contend that blue collar Democrats will return to the Democratic party, and the anti-establishment voters will stay home in total disgust............unless Bernie is the Democratic nominee, at which point total fear may bring some of them to the polls, but not the massive outpouring that should have been with one of the other two.

3. Tarif.

So

Damn........that would suck.

Wait......when did they stop streaming across the border?

Damn!!!!

We need a bigger wall!!!

3. Tarif.

So

Why not? People could get over walls in medieval times, not going to stop them now.
Stop alot of them.

I love GOP debates because occasionally the candidates are honest. For example when Rubio admitted Trump and people like him are successful because their parents willed them $100 million dollars.

So did Trump, 10 times.
Link

Using bankruptcy court to settle debts doesn't mean you're broke. Chapter 13 is different from chapter 7. Might want to read up on the differences.

For people railing on Trump for his bankruptcies:

First let's start with the definition of the word. Bankruptcy does not necessarily mean that you have lost all your money. It can mean multiple things. It would behoove some to understand that. Under different types of bankruptcy you can:

Chapter 7: liquidate assets and go out of business,

Chapter 11: reorganize assets while keeping the corporation running and developing a plan to repay creditors over time or,

Chapter 13: develop a plan to repay debts while still continuing to earn a regular income.

Bankruptcy Definition | Investopedia

Trump himself never filed for bankruptcy. The corporations he owned filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Four times. I repeat, Trump himself has never gone bankrupt once in his life.

3. Tarif.

So

Damn........that would suck.

Wait......when did they stop streaming across the border?

Damn!!!!

We need a bigger wall!!!

Easier to stop them economically than physically

That just shows how stupid the top 3 candidates are, if they had any sense of maturity and morals they would move on themselves and take control of what they want to say.

Nearly an hour into the debate & they've covered ONE TOPIC. Illegals

CNN clearly has an agenda to hurt all of the candidates with this shit
That's fine for Trump......but Rubio and Cruz are trying to damage him. They thought they could upset him.....and he just went with it. The other two guys, Carson and Kasich, were just bystanders to a train wreck.....while Cruz and Rubio where throwing everything they could think of at him.

marco-rubio-640x418.jpg.cf.jpg

ted-cruz-america.jpg.cf.jpg
You must have rose colored glasses

He did miss a lot of "important" Senate votes like ....um....um.....um

So did Trump, 10 times.
Link

You want the country to file bankruptcy ? You must since you are pushing for trump who thinks Ito's great to file for and fuck people out of jobs.

So did Trump, 10 times.
Link

His companies did..... Semantics don't hide the truth

Trump said we had the highest taxes in the world.

That was so unbelievably wrong, it's amazing no one challenged him on it.

He's made that claim all along. Those mean moderators have never called him on it.
I just saw rubio called trump out for being a fraud last night. That's what I've been saying. He hires illegals himself. He called him out for being willed 200 million. He also said he doesn't believe polls that say trumps up big in Florida.

Notice Republicans love pointing out polls that favor them?
Rubio’s in denial.

What else is new.

Funny thing.....Rubio is up for re-election but didn't turn in his paperwork to maintain his candidacy for his Senate seat. So when he comes crashing down he'll be out of a job.

He rarely showed up for work anyway.

Wrong

Rubio said he wasn't running a long time ago.

I repeat, Trump himself has never gone bankrupt once in his life.

yes, like a good republican he lost everyone else's money ... what he didn't steal for himself.

Did you know bush changed the bankruptcy laws year before the financial crash? Made it easier for corporations to go bankrupt and harder for middle class people?

Of course you don't because the corporate owned and controlled media will never tell you. The media said nothing for 8 years while delay Rove hastert bush Chaney Ashcroft boulton McConnell boehner Foley Craig newt Dole Barr bachmann alberto gonzales rumsfeld all screwed us

Why do Republicans doubt billionaire Soros cares about the poor and middle class but they are so quick to believe billionaire trump cares?
I don't recall ANYONE ever claiming Trump was for the little guy. He just pisses on politicians and that's good enough for some.
Your hackery is pointless & irrelevant

I repeat, Trump himself has never gone bankrupt once in his life.

yes, like a good republican he lost everyone else's money ... what he didn't steal for himself.

Yet another pointless "I'm a jealous little bitch" post.

Thousands of people abuse the bankruptcy & welfare system. At least Trump only used one of them. So much fraud & abuse in Washington DC and you dumbasses focus on the waste in the private sector.

Get a grip

Sorry if "The Donald's" disparaging remarks concerning women are not a problem for you. They are for me and millions of other Americans.

When Hillary sat back and let her husband victimize numerous women, how did she not become more disparaging to women than Trump? How is that possible? How is that not a problem for you "and millions of other Americans?"

Are you blind?

She decided to forgive an move on. That was her personal decision. You religious cons who are holier than thou think she should have divorced him? Really?

So hilary forgives the women who were raped by bill?
She's all heart......

:link:, and one that is not just full of hearsay. One woman claiming she was raped thirty years ago isn't going to cut it.

One women? Are you a product of common core?

Apparently you didn't go to school, because you can't read. Maybe you just need glasses. Either that, or you are just a complete idiot.

Forum List

Back