This asteroid filled with gold is worth more than everything on Earth put together

DudleySmith

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2020

"The countdown is on for the launch of Nasa’s Psyche spacecraft, bound for an asteroid worth more than you can possibly imagine.

Or maybe you can, if you have an idea of what $10,000 quadrillion, or £7,700 quadrillion, would buy – but given that’s more than the entire global economy by quite a bit, it might be a struggle. Combined GDP is currently a comparatively measly $105 trillion.

That’s pocket change for the asteroid which, scientists hope, has a core of iron, nickel and gold – making it a literal flying gold mine."

Wonder what would happen to the inflation rates with that dumped on the markets.

yeah. I don't think so.

This is click bait.

Let's say, even if it is true, that there is that much gold on this asteroid, the person that wrote this article has no idea how the free market works.

As soon as that much gold hit the free market, at that point, gold would not be worth that much. :rolleyes:

1696645406617.png

The Portuguese wrecked their economy by importing massive, economy tilting amounts of silver from Latin America. Much like Biden's America, 90% of the population were harmed by the massive inflation it caused. The same with this "Diamonds on the soles of their shoes" asteroid

"The countdown is on for the launch of Nasa’s Psyche spacecraft, bound for an asteroid worth more than you can possibly imagine.

Or maybe you can, if you have an idea of what $10,000 quadrillion, or £7,700 quadrillion, would buy – but given that’s more than the entire global economy by quite a bit, it might be a struggle. Combined GDP is currently a comparatively measly $105 trillion.

That’s pocket change for the asteroid which, scientists hope, has a core of iron, nickel and gold – making it a literal flying gold mine."

Wonder what would happen to the inflation rates with that dumped on the markets.

Why would really, really cheap iron, nickel and gold cause inflation?

Until we have a cheaper way of getting into orbit and beyond with greater speed, it will be some time before we can utilize those resources.

Could always send the Gold Rush guys though.

If you believe any of the story you are in trouble .
It is Fake from start to finish and the photos are not just Fake , they are fifth rate amateur .
As for the re-entry story and it landing by the side of a handy road -- yuk .
And later finding black dust on the landing craft outside surface -- childish .
, What a leg pull .

yeah. I don't think so.

This is click bait.

Let's say, even if it is true, that there is that much gold on this asteroid, the person that wrote this article has no idea how the free market works.

As soon as that much gold hit the free market, at that point, gold would not be worth that much. :rolleyes:

View attachment 839472

The increase in gold supply will drive the dollar to nothing; it would be worth far less than even today's value.

Here is the interviewer sent to fool all of the Gullibles :-

Janna LEVIN, Astrophysicist.
Here is her bio from Barnard/Columbia: htps://barnard.edu/profles/janna-levin
At least half a dozen red flags but this is my favorite:--

Professor Levin writes and publishes for both scientific and general audiences.
Her novel, A Madman Dreams of Turing Machines, won the PEN/Bingham Fellowship for Writers, an award which "honors an exceptionally talented fiction writer whose debut work ... represents distinguished literary achievement..." and the Mary Shelley [RS – she “wrote” Frankenstein] Award for Outstanding Fictional Work.
It was a runner-up for the PEN/Hemingway Award for "a distinguished book of first fiction."

-Another Fake story blunder :-
Re -
entry into Earth’s atmosphere generated temperatures of 2900 Celsius.
But another story tells us it took the capsule about 10 minutes to descend from around 100 000 kms to the desert floor, where it is then, apparently, cool to the touch.

ROFL .

What makes you think mining it would be cheap? The same reason you think Saint Reagan lowered taxes? lol

How hard is it to mine solid metal?

Tell me some more about derivatives that need no counterparty.
I'm thinking about buying some puts and using a broker is such a hassle.

There was a Twilight Zone episode about this.

Crooks steal a bunch of gold. They are afraid of being caught when they go to cash it in. They get a scientist to figure out how to put them in suspended animation for 100 years.

When they wake up they find out that gold is worthless because there is so much of it.

How hard is it to mine solid metal?

Tell me some more about derivatives that need no counterparty.
I'm thinking about buying some puts and using a broker is such a hassle.

Teel us more all about how you've never read a tax form or never passed basic arithmetic, but love to babble about 'taxes n stuff' and 'economics'. lol

Forum List

Back