They Should Be Sent To Prison

$3bn is great. Prison should be reserved for violent felons.

so a white collar conservative republican steals millions from people like you and you don't care

but 1 welfare mother with 3 kids freeloading off of your tax dollars drives you to the brink of civil war.....

They are all alike. Republicans only care about money. They don't care if laws are broken.

Yet they lie and call themselves the law and order party. LOL. What a load.
I am not a Republican

I know that.

You're a russian troll working for putin to keep trump in office.

How's the weather in moscow today comrade?
Am I? Why? Because I call you out on your Leftist BS? Believe what you will. People like you are the epitome of what is wrong with this country. As bad as the Alt Right.

No because you've been on this board for about 18 months and have nearly 21 thousand posts, you post a lot of memes, your posts are mostly divisive, you know very little about America, our way of life, government and constitution. You lie and it seems you make things up as you go. You never post any proof of your claims.

And you blindly post support for trump.

You fit the profile to a tee.

Most of us Americans aren't stupid. We can spot you russian trolls from a mile away.

Most of us Americans aren't stupid

mmmmaybe, most are easily coerced by whomever holds office

Start talking about the Fed, Fiat system, Fractional reserve banking, along with the evolution of it's regulatory bureaucracy ,and you'll quickly find this out.

Start talking about the WOD's , and you'll get the same sound byte mentality responses....

How marijuana came into the WOD spotlight follows suit, Nixon wanted more clout with all the anti-war protestors , figured they were all just stoner hippies. The irony there is many were returning vets ,who probably found the best sh*t overseas.

Yes Anecdotals aren't Empirical , but having spent 3 decades hauling drunks outta wrecks, redneck bars, & domestics w/my mates spoke volumes to me, stoners rarely caused such troubles....

FF to 2020, now it's no big deal, get as stoned as you'd like @ home, grow yer own, etc etc.....i do have a theory.....ask yourself WHY any governance would want an anesthetized populace....
Make_America_Stoned_Again__37748.1558020251.jpg

~S~

The priorities in this nation are all messed up.

People are sent to prison for years for being found with marijuana in some states. No one is harmed by that marijuana but the person caught with it is automatically sent to prison for years. Usually with no chance of parole.

Wells Fargo, the nations 4th largest bank, is caught in another massive fraud scheme. The only reason they went through with the scheme was greed. They just couldn't be happy with normal profits. They had to break the law to increase their profits.

They defrauded millions of people. Charged them fees on accounts they didn't even know they had. All to increase profits.

Yet no one goes to prison. The bank is paying it's way out of prison with a 3 billion dollar fine. Which is really a bribe. The former chief executive is fined 17 million dollars with others being fined smaller amounts.

While they raked in billions.

This is so wrong. These people need to be put in prison for their crimes. They need to face real justice. Not just pay their way out of prison then go on merrily with their very soft lives living in luxury.

Wells Fargo to pay $3 billion to settle civil lawsuit over fake account scandal
I am sure that those involved will have a tough time getting a job.

Add to that the $3 billion settlement will be put to good use.

Most of us Americans aren't stupid

mmmmaybe, most are easily coerced by whomever holds office

Start talking about the Fed, Fiat system, Fractional reserve banking, along with the evolution of it's regulatory bureaucracy ,and you'll quickly find this out.

Start talking about the WOD's , and you'll get the same sound byte mentality responses....

How marijuana came into the WOD spotlight follows suit, Nixon wanted more clout with all the anti-war protestors , figured they were all just stoner hippies. The irony there is many were returning vets ,who probably found the best sh*t overseas.

Yes Anecdotals aren't Empirical , but having spent 3 decades hauling drunks outta wrecks, redneck bars, & domestics w/my mates spoke volumes to me, stoners rarely caused such troubles....

FF to 2020, now it's no big deal, get as stoned as you'd like @ home, grow yer own, etc etc.....i do have a theory.....ask yourself WHY any governance would want an anesthetized populace....
Make_America_Stoned_Again__37748.1558020251.jpg

~S~
It's a Brave New World, Sparky. I'm still looking for that island.....

People are sent to prison for years for being found with marijuana in some states. No one is harmed by that marijuana but the person caught with it is automatically sent to prison for years. Usually with no chance of parole.

Wells Fargo, the nations 4th largest bank, is caught in another massive fraud scheme. The only reason they went through with the scheme was greed. They just couldn't be happy with normal profits. They had to break the law to increase their profits.

They defrauded millions of people. Charged them fees on accounts they didn't even know they had. All to increase profits.

Yet no one goes to prison. The bank is paying it's way out of prison with a 3 billion dollar fine. Which is really a bribe. The former chief executive is fined 17 million dollars with others being fined smaller amounts.

This is so wrong. These people need to be put in prison for their crimes. They need to face real justice. Not just pay their way out of prison then go on merrily with their very soft lives living in luxury.

When you get rid of the regulators...this is what happens
$3bn is not a sufficient fine? You’re kidding right? How much should it have been?

$0

Shouldn’t have happened in the first place

so a white collar conservative republican steals millions from people like you and you don't care

but 1 welfare mother with 3 kids freeloading off of your tax dollars drives you to the brink of civil war.....

They are all alike. Republicans only care about money. They don't care if laws are broken.

Yet they lie and call themselves the law and order party. LOL. What a load.
I am not a Republican

I know that.

You're a russian troll working for putin to keep trump in office.

Am I? Why? Because I call you out on your Leftist BS? Believe what you will. People like you are the epitome of what is wrong with this country. As bad as the Alt Right.

No because you've been on this board for about 18 months and have nearly 21 thousand posts, you post a lot of memes, your posts are mostly divisive, you know very little about America, our way of life, government and constitution. You lie and it seems you make things up as you go. You never post any proof of your claims.

And you blindly post support for trump.

You fit the profile to a tee.

Most of us Americans aren't stupid. We can spot you russian trolls from a mile away.

All lies. I am more anti Leftists than pro Trump. I post frequently but that is just to pass the time as I travel a lot for work. I almost always post proof. You’re a typical Leftist. You lie just to lie and when you’re defeated in a debate you call someone a Russian. Funny thing is, I am a son of Russian Jewish immigrants. My parents came here legally. My parents were also ardent Democrats until the party turned their back on them. I am not married to Trump. Give me a better option. Sanders isn’t it.

$3bn is not a sufficient fine? You’re kidding right? How much should it have been?

$0

But it did. And the punishment was very severe and even now Wells Fargo loses many opportunities and potential clients because of this. The punishment fit the offense.

$0

But it did. And the punishment was very severe and even now Wells Fargo loses many opportunities and potential clients because of this. The punishment fit the offense.

Again, when you strip away regulations this is what business does. The fine was a slap on the wrist,

Re-criminalizing cannabis is worse than 1930s 'reefer madness'

In the 1930s, parents across the U.S. were panicked. A new film, “Reefer Madness,” suggested that evil marijuana dealers lurked in public schools, waiting to entice their children into a life of crime and degeneracy.

In the 1930s, parents across the U.S. were panicked. A new film, “Reefer Madness,” suggested that evil marijuana dealers lurked in public schools, waiting to entice their children into a life of crime and degeneracy.

The propaganda film captured the essence of the anti-marijuana campaign started by Harry Anslinger, a government employee eager to make a name for himself after Prohibition ended. Ansligner’s campaign demonized marijuana as a dangerous drug, playing on the racist attitudes of white Americans in the early 20th century and stoking fears of marijuana as an “assassin of youth.”

Over the decades, there’s been a general trend toward greater social acceptance of marijuana by a more educated society, seeing the harm caused by the prohibition of marijuana. But then, on Jan. 4, Attorney General Jeff Sessions rescinded an Obama-era memorandum suggesting federal agents should let states regulate control of marijuana and focus their efforts on other drugs.

Re-criminalizing marijuana in light of current research findings, including my own research of more than 15 years, makes Sessions’ proposed crackdown on legal marijuana look worse than reefer madness.

Researchers like myself, who regularly talk with people who are actively using hard drugs, know that legal cannabis can actually reduce the harmful effects of other drugs.

A trailer for “Reefer Madness.”
Reefer madness
Re-criminalizing marijuana is a decision that makes little sense unless we consider the motives. History can shed some light here.

Media mogul William Randolph Hearst supported the criminalization of marijuana, in part because Hearst’s paper-producing companies were being replaced by hemp. Likewise, DuPont’s investment in nylon was threatened by hemp products.

Anslinger’s tactics included racist accusations linking marijuana to Mexican immigrants. His campaign included stories of urban black men who enticed young white women to become sex-crazed and instantly addicted to marijuana.

Anslinger’s campaign succeeded beyond his aims. His fearmongering was based more on fiction than on facts, but it made him head of the Bureau of Narcotics for 30 years. The social construction of cannabis as one of the most dangerous drugs was completed in 1970, when marijuana was classified as a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act, meaning it had high potential for abuse and no acceptable medical use.

Almost 50 years later, the classification remains and Anslinger’s views endure among many policymakers and Americans.

Because its harmful to society in the opinion of most people,

LOL- says who? Most people? What gives you the right to tell others what they can ingest? To live their life the way you desire?
Most people believe propaganda too- does that make it not propaganda?

Educate yourself. Stop relying on propaganda. Re-criminalizing cannabis is worse than 1930s 'reefer madness'
I see that the pot side is gaining progress so it can only get better for you

But since its ok you you to break laws you dont like is it ok for everyone to break the law anytime they please?

I see that the pot side is gaining progress so it can only get better for you
Better for everyone. BTW, I don't smoke pot or drink booze. So there is that.
But since its ok you you to break laws you dont like is it ok for everyone to break the law anytime they please?
If no harm to another happens no crime has been committed. Laws predicated on what if are thought policing. But pay a fine and it's all good- you're no longer a criminal.

Conjecture, opinion, right mind is subjective, pleasure (one mas trash is another mans treasure)
YOU, nor anyone else has the moral authority to have your desires forced under the color of law- force is immoral except in self defense- so, how would you feel about being busted for acting immorally?
How would I feel about being busted for acting immorally? It was depend on what I was being busted for specifically. You say it yourself here that one person's bad is another person's good.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

$0

Again, when you strip away regulations this is what business does. The fine was a slap on the wrist,
That’s not what happened. Zero to do with regulations that were supposedly stripped. You’re uninformed. They were making up deposit accounts. It was blatant fraud and would be right now as well

$0

That’s not what happened. Zero to do with regulations that were supposedly stripped. You’re uninformed. They were making up deposit accounts. It was blatant fraud and would be right now as well

Seems like a regulator would notice such things.

1. Americans have a lot of good qualities.

2. But they also have some bad ones, including the penchant for wanting to send people to prison.

3. If you asked the people who were defrauded by that bank, they would no doubt prefer financial compensation rather than the satisfaction of seeing executives being sent to prison.

4. Let's imprison only individuals who have committed violent crimes.

5. There are plenty of ways to punish people who commit non-violent crimes. And it would save taxpayers a ton of money.

$0

Seems like a regulator would notice such things.

How? That is not what regulators normally check. Do you even know what Bank regulators do?

"The law" in America just very openly, before the entire world, refused to prosecute America's aristocracy for its patronage of child sex trafficking, and Ghislaine Maxwell was allowed to sashay off back into the shadows. We know Bill Clinton, Don Trump, Allan Dershowitz and Bonnie Prince Andrew were involved; we do not wish to know anymore.

There are no scandals, there is no rule of law. And the American people do nothing but petition the aristocracy to restrain itself as they plumb children together bipartisanly.

1. Americans have a lot of good qualities.

2. But they also have some bad ones, including the penchant for wanting to send people to prison.

3. If you asked the people who were defrauded by that bank, they would no doubt prefer financial compensation rather than the satisfaction of seeing executives being sent to prison.

4. Let's imprison only individuals who have committed violent crimes.

5. There are plenty of ways to punish people who commit non-violent crimes. And it would save taxpayers a ton of money.

We can't lead the world in incarceration, private corporate state prisons with convict labor leasing to corporations with stocks traded on Wall Street, and reducing the numbers of voters like that.

Forum List

Back