These folks are in lockdown ???? Don't think so.....

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015

Months into the fight against the novel coronavirus in the U.S., some Americans' daily lives are still relatively normal. In Washington County, Utah, with a population of about 165,000, business is almost as usual with streets bustling and people out in public without masks or gloves.

Golf courses are open and packed -- though with only one person per cart. Parks are open, kids play on the slides and people string up hammocks and have group picnics.

The majority of businesses in Washington City remain open, though some employees wear protective gear, and some businesses have reduced capacity or have adjusted opening hours.

Shelter in the park or on the golf course.

And this isn't the only place. I've seen it personally myself.

And Washington County has a whopping 40 some odd cases....and 1 death at last count.

What do they know that you morons in New York City don't ?

Months into the fight against the novel coronavirus in the U.S., some Americans' daily lives are still relatively normal. In Washington County, Utah, with a population of about 165,000, business is almost as usual with streets bustling and people out in public without masks or gloves.

Golf courses are open and packed -- though with only one person per cart. Parks are open, kids play on the slides and people string up hammocks and have group picnics.

The majority of businesses in Washington City remain open, though some employees wear protective gear, and some businesses have reduced capacity or have adjusted opening hours.

And Washington County has a whopping 40 some odd cases....and 1 death at last count.

The better question is, what do those in NYC know that these morons haven't learned yet?
Wait a few weeks and report back.

snitch 2.jpg

• Banned
I was in a Home Depot that had a lot of people in it.

A lot of the employees were over 60 and not wearing masks.

They didn't seem to mind getting close to other people.

The city is large (500,000 K, next to about 5 million).

All the Wall Marts were overrun in the last couple of days as people said fuck it....going to see family for Easter.

The state has less than 100 deaths.

Even if they had as many as 10,000 it would not matter.

It is clear people don't think the huge interruption in their lives is worth it.

The better question is, what do those in NYC know that these morons haven't learned yet?
it's already been more than a few weeks

• Banned

We've been hearing it for weeks.

So here is your report.

New York is dying while other people are golfing.

Go fuck yourself.

I've never been to Washington County, Utah and probably never will be. However, here in Mercer County, PA we have 40 cases and Zero deaths.

The secret is that we listened to the President when he recommended that we wash our hands after using the can.

I bet they do that in Washington County too.

New York is so densely populated, not many golf courses in the city.

They also only just recently shut down public playgrounds. The city has been dying for a month and they just did that.

What else do you think was going on there ?

There is overreaction.

There is caution.

And there is stupid.

It is said that the COVID strain on the West Coast is from Europe and the one on the East Coast is from China and is more severe. I do not know how or if that is accurate, don’t kill the messenger please. The real question is how many deaths are acceptable?

The problem with this theory is that they've clearly been going about their business since the beginning. So, how many weeks have they already experienced their normal way of life without the "dreaded NY effect"? The fear of "well, just around the corner is death!" Is unreasonable and you know people will use it to their advantage. Scary.

I have been sensing that some in Canada are trying to make this political. If I read CNN and MSNBC correctly, they've never stopped and this pandemic must have them salivating, just like the Russian investigation, Kavanaugh Hearings and Impeachment. This cannot be political and those who make it must be punished.

We have many in Canada who operate the same way, their sponsors like easy money, even if it means destroying their own nation and communities and they see Trump and bringing America to the good old days when they just want power at all costs. You cannot have society pinned down, lives rotting away while the wealthy and their lackeys call the shots.

So, I say, reasonable, cautious return to normal in some communities makes perfect sense. In fact, the level of caution right from day one was always more relevant in places like NY than others than some small town in the middle of nowhere. Life isn't without risk, you just mitigate it everyday on many issues.

If I am Trump, I conduct surveys state by state and ask citizens a series of questions to get an understanding of what they want. How they are feeling about the shutdown. Governors have to do their part, just as Premiers in Canada are. A "one size fits all" solution is completely irrational in my opinion.

Last edited:
It is said that the COVID strain on the West Coast is from Europe and the one on the East Coast is from China and is more severe. I do not know how or if that is accurate, don’t kill the messenger please. The real question is how many deaths are acceptable?

We "accept" tens of thousands from the flu. It's a given.

Mother nature culls the herd.

I don't want to die but what is the sense of living in fear your whole life.

BTW: I have never gotten a flu shot. I don't live in fear.

The problem with this theory is that they've clearly been going about their business since the beginning. So, how many weeks have they already experienced their normal way of life without the "dreaded NY effect"? The fear of "well, just around the corner is death!" Is unreasonable and you know people will use it to their advantage Scary.

I have been sensing that some in Canada are trying to make this political. If I read CNN and MSNBC correctly, they've never stopped and this pandemic must have them salivating, just like the Russian investigation, Kavanaugh Hearings and Impeachment. This cannot be political and those who make it must be punished.

We have many in Canada who operate the same way, their sponsors like easy money, even if it means destroying their own nation and communities and they see Trump and bringing America to the good old days when they just want power at all costs. You cannot have society pinned down, lives rotting away while the wealthy and their lackeys call the shots.

So, I say, reasonable, cautious return to normal in some communities makes perfect sense. In fact, the level of caution right from day one was always more relevant in places like NY than others than some small town in the middle of nowhere. Life isn't without risk, you just mitigate it everyday on many issues.

If I am Trump, I conduct surveys state by state and ask citizens a series of questions to get an understanding of what they want. How they are feeling about the shutdown. Governors have to do their part, just as Premiers in Canada are. A "one size fits all" solution is completely irrational in my opinion.

Liked the post.....

What I am saying is that people say "The lockdown worked".....while I am saying.....in many places there was never a lockdown.

Where I am, there have been block parties day in and day out and the state has less than 100 deaths.

Didn’t idiot Pelosi encourage people to go to Chinatown and then blast Trump for not doing enough? So funny.

And Biden just vanished for a week. Ridiculous.

Didn’t idiot Pelosi encourage people to go to Chinatown?

The leaders of New York downplayed this.

And when the city got sick, they got serious.

Then nobody listened to them.

I have to wonder if the city really sees it as being that bad. It was a hole from the start.

Derp....
Yes, the virus goes dormant after two weeks. :cuckoo:

Like I said...what these morons haven't learned from NYC.

Derp....
Yes, the virus goes dormant after two weeks. :cuckoo:

Like I said...what these morons haven't learned from NYC.

What we learned was that NYC was a a bunch of morons.

You contesting Washington County's numbers ?

Please tell us.

Forum List

Back