These are the 2 restaurants that have been the most popular during the pandemic

Two places that dont excite me at all. White people must love Olive Garden
Too much money for what it is. I can cook some pasta, fry some meat and vegetables, and add sauce out of a can myself.

There's something about "chains" and people who "serve" food that's a little disconcerting.

When Pharaoh King of Egypt started hallucinating and having bizarre dreams, he immediately suspected his baker and butler and put both of them in prison until they talked. There was something in the food, and people observed a peculiar Omertà about it, and what was in that manna, and where did it come from when the children of Israel were so addicted to fleshpots of Egypt?

One of the things that amazes me is how long people are willing to wait to eat mediocre food. If you buy a good steak, you can have it cooked, served and eaten in less than 2 hours. Sides are easy too.

Olive Garden and Texas Road House is shit
Yeah, Olive Garden isn't impressive. Tried to get into the only Texas Roadhouse here a couple times before the Covid, and was always a 90 minute wait. Screw that. Will never try again. Ended up going to my favorite local Mexican place. Never mind as a wait.

Texas Road House has good bread. I give them that. That and the free peanuts they give you while you wait for 2 hrs to be seated. I’ve been there twice, I’ll never go again.

And all the peanuts on the damm floor

Yeah, Olive Garden isn't impressive. Tried to get into the only Texas Roadhouse here a couple times before the Covid, and was always a 90 minute wait. Screw that. Will never try again. Ended up going to my favorite local Mexican place. Never mind as a wait.

Texas Road House has good bread. I give them that. That and the free peanuts they give you while you wait for 2 hrs to be seated. I’ve been there twice, I’ll never go again.

That was the same with a chain in the '70's called the Ground Round. Peanuts everywhere.

That was the same with a chain in the '70's called the Ground Round. Peanuts everywhere.

The good old Ground Round. My dad used to take me and my sister there once in a blue moon when we went to New Jersey for ice skating lessons. I don’t remember the food, but I wish can spend more time with my dad, RIP.

The good old Ground Round. My dad used to take me and my sister there once in a blue moon when we went to New Jersey for ice skating lessons. I don’t remember the food, but I wish can spend more time with my dad, RIP.
It was decent food I remember. Steaks and burgers. I also remember the one here would usually have some solo folk singer playing on stage occasionally. Sometimes they were alright.

I like Olive Garden's soup and salad. Catfish from Texas Roadhouse. Most other places we favor are local Mexican or Chinese holes in the wall but occasionally we'll hit a Panda Express or El Pollo Loco.

If I get an urge for Italian I'll grab a Marie Callender's fettucini alfredo or the meat lasagna.

What is 'Panda Express'? I've seen a couple of those around, we got a new one out here a couple of months ago, but I know nothing about them. If they have good spring rolls I'll give them a try.

Two places that dont excite me at all. White people must love Olive Garden
Too much money for what it is. I can cook some pasta, fry some meat and vegetables, and add sauce out of a can myself.

There's something about "chains" and people who "serve" food that's a little disconcerting.

When Pharaoh King of Egypt started hallucinating and having bizarre dreams, he immediately suspected his baker and butler and put both of them in prison until they talked. There was something in the food, and people observed a peculiar Omertà about it, and what was in that manna, and where did it come from when the children of Israel were so addicted to fleshpots of Egypt?

I have no idea what that means, but any post that throws in Pharaohs and hallucinations rates a 'thanks'.

I like Olive Garden's soup and salad. Catfish from Texas Roadhouse. Most other places we favor are local Mexican or Chinese holes in the wall but occasionally we'll hit a Panda Express or El Pollo Loco.

I was hoping the pandemic put Olive Garden out of business

Forum List

Back