There needs to be a Citizen's Review Board of the US Congress to curtail corruption---

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
Yeh, this Board could be/ should be made up of ordinary Americans.. no big business leaders or maybe just one (Elon..) :)

Anyhow, it would be made up something like 99 (so there is no tie) people who review Congress

and anyone who isn't doing much there (I hear a good %age of them do not).. gets his paycheck cut.. preferably in half or something..

Every time 60% of this body says that some Congressperson lied or deceived in a big way.. ditto.. pay cut

etc... etc..................

I am not sure how it would work but it is an idea to consider. Maybe also national public referendums to implement into law reform ideas the elected officials balk at passing. I am all for Audits by neutral parties of government spending.

OR,

they could hold an election, and vote them out of office
No, no you can't vote them out

Congress has had about a 10% approval rating for the last 1000 years but no one can seem to get rid of them, you know, fossils like Bernie and Nancy.

Yeh, this Board could be/ should be made up of ordinary Americans.. no big business leaders or maybe just one (Elon..) :)

Anyhow, it would be made up something like 99 (so there is no tie) people who review Congress

and anyone who isn't doing much there (I hear a good %age of them do not).. gets his paycheck cut.. preferably in half or something..

Every time 60% of this body says that some Congressperson lied or deceived in a big way.. ditto.. pay cut

Put that in the suggestion box. I'm sure they will get right on it.

Put that in the suggestion box. I'm sure they will get right on it.
LOL

That's why we need one... they never work on anything that benefits the little people, only themselves.. (OK, i won't say Never... shouldn't say Never... just seems like it)

I am not sure how it would work but it is an idea to consider. Maybe also national public referendums to implement into law reform ideas the elected officials balk at passing. I am all for Audits by neutral parties of government spending.
something definitely needs to be done. These people are like drunken sailors w/ the taxpayers' money.. and it's not like they spend it to actually accomplish something.. still is widespread homelessness.. people cannot afford the high rent landlords often ask and so they end up living in vehicles (at best) and I could go on w/ other problems that never seem to be fixed.. never even get looked at

If this CRB had to decide on which cases to take and it took 60% to prosecute some case

few would be prosecuted

We can live with that. Then Rs could get away with stuff just like Ds.. :)

(the rules of the CRB would have to be carefully crafted)

That review board would be the American voting public, right? Once up on a time people researched a bit instead of name calling.

Unconstitutional on so many levels. Good luck with that!

No, no you can't vote them out

Congress has had about a 10% approval rating for the last 1000 years but no one can seem to get rid of them, you know, fossils like Bernie and Nancy.
a CRB would have power to get rid of them.. Maybe it could have some rule like: If 60% of them want someone out, there has to be a vote in the House.. I mean, allegedly the idiot was legitimately voted in by "the people" .. right.. roll eyes.. so we have to be careful removing them.. But as to legitimate voting.. sheez... can't take THAT for granted anymore..

anyhow... details would have to be worked out but something definitely has to be done to purge Congress of its self-aggrandizing.. at the taxpayers' expense.. while some said taxpayers cannot even afford a simple, one room shack anymore much less anything better, and end up living in their vehicles.. I have heard that many of the homeless (since 2020) are doing that.. yet they have jobs, even good paying ones. The cost of rent has been ridiculous for a LONG time and now the cost of everything else is ridiculous also..

Meanwhile these pampered elites live like a king (queen)

despicable

Forum List

Back