CDZ There are TWO Genders: Change My Mind

Seriously? What does define you?I
My thoughts, my intellect, my emotions, my values and beliefs. That is what define me. If I were to become a quadriplegic tomorrow I would still be a man but I would not be able to do most of the list of "manly" things that you listed.

The penis between my legs does not make who I am. Thus my point is that I accept my body being the sex it is and there is no need to attempt to artificially alter it to the opposite sex. This would be true regardless if I were born with a male or female body.

I'm not sure I care for the implied parallel between waking up as a woman and waking up as a quadriplegic. The first is a complete change in not only biological capabilities, but in biological imperatives. The second is a disability reducing your physical abilities, but not changing your biological imperatives at all. And, of course, the first is NOT a disability.

The penis between your legs doesn't make you who you are, because the penis between your legs is not your masculinity; it's just one of many physical indicators of it. I think you are a representative of a fundamental problem in this debate: the fact that very few people have the ability to understand just how intrinsic our sex is to who we are, how we think, and how we feel, because absolutely none of us have ever had the ability to truly be the other sex. I'm not saying that you wouldn't have the same values and beliefs if you magically became an actual woman; I'm saying I think you would come to those conclusions from a different viewpoint and different emotions.
The point I was trying to make is that I believe my mind or brain would have adapted to my body and sex weather I were born male or female. I don't believe I would be stressing to surgically change my sex because I believe I'm a man in a woman's body or a woman in a man's body.

I am a man. If through some unexplainable magic I were wake up in a woman's body tomorrow, I believe I could adapt to being a woman, perhaps a lesbian, but still a woman. Why? Because being male does not define me.

I'm guessing if you woke up in an actual female body - rather than just a mutilated male body trying to imitate a female body - you might find that your sex defines your identity more than you currently think. It's easy to discount the importance of something in your life when you've never experienced its absence.
I know it's time for me to stop digging.

Not at all. Courteous, thoughtful discussion is important for people to gain better understanding of each other and the world. I can attempt to step outside the box of having been a female my whole life and try to comprehend and empathize with what it would be like to be male all I want, but the reality is that the only true understanding of the subject I can get is from someone who actually IS a male.

Until you brought it up, I don't know if I ever really considered the possibility that men might think that female viewpoints on the world and emotions were fundamentally the same as men's, unchanged by the difference in biology. Most women I know operate from the automatic assumption that of course those things are different. Even leftist women, who spend a lot of time screeching that women are no different from men in this, that, or the other thing revert with no warning to the notion that we're basically different when it suits them to express it.

I think it was more than 2 years ago, when Target wanted to install new bathrooms. Instead of two usual bathrooms, they were going to add a third bathroom. How did that go?
I was in Tokyo in 1966. Most places (if not all places) had only one place to do your business. They had stalls just like everywhere in the west today and it didn't matter if you were a man or a woman.

There are also places in the world where people commonly squat behind a bush to do their business. Just because someone somewhere does it doesn't mean I want to do it or that it's a good thing.
What is the difference between a brick wall, a plyboard separation, and a bush? You ask if "it is a good thing". Holding it in is not a good thing.

Irrelevant attempt at deflecting onto a tangent. The point is, what other people do or don't do in their countries has not one fucking thing to do with what THIS country does, or what the people of this country want it to do.
Your scope of understanding is drastically limited.

Two sexes. There can be as many genders as people want. Gender is, by definition, what you choose to call something, not what something is. I don't care if someone calls themselves other than what they are; just don't make me do it.Sex is, by definition, what you choose to call something, not what something is.
Sex is, by definition, what you choose to call something, not what something is.

Incorrect. Sex is, by definition, what the thing is. Nomenclature is what you call that thing, based on the reality.
You are wrong.

Seriously? What does define you?I
My thoughts, my intellect, my emotions, my values and beliefs. That is what define me. If I were to become a quadriplegic tomorrow I would still be a man but I would not be able to do most of the list of "manly" things that you listed.

The penis between my legs does not make who I am. Thus my point is that I accept my body being the sex it is and there is no need to attempt to artificially alter it to the opposite sex. This would be true regardless if I were born with a male or female body.

I'm not sure I care for the implied parallel between waking up as a woman and waking up as a quadriplegic. The first is a complete change in not only biological capabilities, but in biological imperatives. The second is a disability reducing your physical abilities, but not changing your biological imperatives at all. And, of course, the first is NOT a disability.

The penis between your legs doesn't make you who you are, because the penis between your legs is not your masculinity; it's just one of many physical indicators of it. I think you are a representative of a fundamental problem in this debate: the fact that very few people have the ability to understand just how intrinsic our sex is to who we are, how we think, and how we feel, because absolutely none of us have ever had the ability to truly be the other sex. I'm not saying that you wouldn't have the same values and beliefs if you magically became an actual woman; I'm saying I think you would come to those conclusions from a different viewpoint and different emotions.
The point I was trying to make is that I believe my mind or brain would have adapted to my body and sex weather I were born male or female. I don't believe I would be stressing to surgically change my sex because I believe I'm a man in a woman's body or a woman in a man's body.

Well, yes, your brain would eventually adapt to a female body. But in that adaptation, it - and you - would become fundamentally different than you are now. I honestly can't say if the circumstance of your brain, developed over decades in a male body, being suddenly and magically transplanted into a female body, would lead you to want to go back to having a male body. I suspect it would, in actual fact, although whether or not you would then mutilate your body to try to get back there rather than simply accepting it is not something I can answer.

This does lead us to the issue that people who say, "I was born with a man's brain in a woman's body" or vice-versa have no more ability to know that than anyone else does, because they've never actually BEEN the other sex. They are defining "man's brain" or "woman's brain" from the perception of the opposite sex as to what those are. For what I think are obvious reasons, I've paid far more attention to men claiming to be women than I have to the reverse, and I can tell you that my observation is that their ideas of what constitutes a "female brain" are based on incredibly shallow male perceptions of what womanhood encompasses.

I think it was more than 2 years ago, when Target wanted to install new bathrooms. Instead of two usual bathrooms, they were going to add a third bathroom. How did that go?
I was in Tokyo in 1966. Most places (if not all places) had only one place to do your business. They had stalls just like everywhere in the west today and it didn't matter if you were a man or a woman.

There are also places in the world where people commonly squat behind a bush to do their business. Just because someone somewhere does it doesn't mean I want to do it or that it's a good thing.
What is the difference between a brick wall, a plyboard separation, and a bush? You ask if "it is a good thing". Holding it in is not a good thing.

Irrelevant attempt at deflecting onto a tangent. The point is, what other people do or don't do in their countries has not one fucking thing to do with what THIS country does, or what the people of this country want it to do.

Of course it is. That's why you provided us such a thoughtful and detailed explanation of the ways in which it's limited. Oh, wait. You didn't do that at all. It's almost like you think you can just declare yourself right and everyone else wrong, and have your judgement accepted as fact.

Keep dreaming.

Two sexes. There can be as many genders as people want. Gender is, by definition, what you choose to call something, not what something is. I don't care if someone calls themselves other than what they are; just don't make me do it.Sex is, by definition, what you choose to call something, not what something is.
Sex is, by definition, what you choose to call something, not what something is.

Incorrect. Sex is, by definition, what the thing is. Nomenclature is what you call that thing, based on the reality.
You are wrong.

And your blank assertion of that is supposed to mean what to me?

Of course it is. That's why you provided us such a thoughtful and detailed explanation of the ways in which it's limited. Oh, wait. You didn't do that at all. It's almost like you think you can just declare yourself right and everyone else wrong, and have your judgement accepted as fact.

Keep dreaming.
What would I be dreaming about?

You are wrong.

As I said, your scope of understanding is drastically limited. There would be no purpose in me giving you a thoughtful and detailed explanation. I've already done that.

Keep dreaming.
What would I be dreaming about?

You are wrong.

As I said, your scope of understanding is drastically limited. There would be no purpose in me giving you a thoughtful and detailed explanation. I've already done that.

Aaaaand you've just disqualified yourself from this discussion and my notice.

Back on the subject of toilettes. Some many years ago I was at my place of work and I really "had to go". The male toilette was occupied but I really "had to go". The woman's toilette was unoccupied and I really "had to go"! So I did. Afterwards, I was scolded "in the interest of hygiene". Hygiene? What did hygiene have to do with it?

I don't know about your wife but my wife's shit don't stink. As far as I know, that applies to all women.

Back on the subject of toilettes. Some many years ago I was at my place of work and I really "had to go". The male toilette was occupied but I really "had to go". The woman's toilette was unoccupied and I really "had to go"! So I did. Afterwards, I was scolded "in the interest of hygiene". Hygiene? What did hygiene have to do with it?

I don't know about your wife but my wife's shit don't stink. As far as I know, that applies to all women.
Yes, of course, you're right. I wasn't thinking clearly. That applies to farts too, doesn't it?

America's bigots can claim the high road all they like, but the rest of the world has moved on.

The issue in America is hate, for the sake of hating.

Another instance of America becoming marginalized and being left out of the 21st. century.

What's to be expected of a country that largely believes in a 6000 year old earth that was created by one of the sky fairies
Why do you think I should approve of your nonstop? Explain for us

Sex is determined before birth; gender, being a choice, is determined later.
Sex is almost certainly determined at conception, by the father's sperm, whether it has an X or a Y chromosome to pair with the X chromosome from the mother's ovum.

Gender is usually apparent at or shortly after birth, and is not generally a conscious choice — pleasure is something that exists — when or how a person experiences pleasure is not a choice — but something that is or is not.

Little girls and little boys exhibit strong preferences for different kinds of play or masculine versus feminine toys, or to follow adult men versus adult women as role models.

Those preferences are purely environmental.
Some are innate. Girls like to play with dollhouses, housekeeping, cooking/cleaning play etc. Boys like action figures, war games, construction sets, etc.

It needs to be natural. Not "enforced" or specifically taught by gender. Kids play in mixed groups, play-act different roles, gravitate toward imitating same sex buddies and role models.

Some of these girls, I suppose, were caught streetwalking or violating curfew. If they don't like it, kick those high heels off and wear real kick-ass military boots, but the commander doesn't want to catch any of the girls performing at a local strip club, either.

Forum List

Back