There Are Two Approaches to Gun Violence - The Brady Approach and the Reagan Approach

Reagan+and+gun+control.jpg

JFK was assassinated in 1963

How did school prayer help him?

Here's where your education failed you, dumbass.

Q: Was Kennedy in a school alongside other mass shooting victims? No? STFU then.

Was his alleged assassin an Atheistic Commie? Yes!

Would school prayer have stopped Wednesday's school shooting?

Dear God........Do not let anyone come to school today and kill me or my friends
How many school shootings occurred prior to 1964 when God was removed from public schools and how many after?

You have yet to establish cause and effect
Answer the question. How many mass shootings in schools prior to 1964 when God was removed from public schools and how many after?

Afraid of science?

No connection between the two

Q: Was Kennedy in a school alongside other mass shooting victims? No? STFU then.

Dear God........Do not let anyone come to school today and kill me or my friends
How many school shootings occurred prior to 1964 when God was removed from public schools and how many after?

Answer the question. How many mass shootings in schools prior to 1964 when God was removed from public schools and how many after?

Afraid of science?

Oh looky here. Looked at what happened after 1964 when God was kicked out of public schools.
And this chart only goes to 2012.
Anyone who knows science will ask what occurred when it suddenly starts spiking, no matter the topic being measured.
school-shootings-1867.png

Last edited:

Afraid of science?

Oh looky here. Looked at what happened after 1964 when God was kicked out of public schools.
Anyone who knows science is you ask what occurred when it suddenly starts spiking, no matter the topic being measured.
View attachment 177078

After we stopped school prayer, we landed a man on the moon

That proves we never would have landed on the moon if we hadn't stopped school prayer

Afraid of science?

Anyone who knows science is you ask what occurred when it suddenly starts spiking, no matter the topic being measured.
View attachment 177078
The schools replaced God, Allah and whoever else you pray to with guns. Those of you who oppose absolutely every proposal to rein in sanity share moral responsibility for every mass shooting we`ve had and are going to have. You are the problem, not the Constitution.

Afraid of science?

View attachment 177078

After we stopped school prayer, we landed a man on the moon

That proves we never would have landed on the moon if we hadn't stopped school prayer
Why do you hate science?

Afraid of science?

View attachment 177078
The schools replaced God, Allah and whoever else you pray to with guns. Those of you who oppose absolutely every proposal to rein in sanity share moral responsibility for every mass shooting we`ve had and are going to have. You are the problem, not the Constitution.
My father used to take his rifle to school all of the time to go rabbit hunting after school.

Guns are not the issue, culture is.

Don't try to use a dead man that got shot by globalist/leftists to support anti-gun nuttery, pls?

Bush had Reagan shot so he could take over, and he did for like, 12 years, k?

If he hadn't got shot, America would be a better place, enter Trump.

It is what it is.

LOL. ok, i admit that i time traveled & forced ronny to say that.

& he indeed said that.

it is what it is.

& btw i am not anti-gun. just anti assault rifle & multi round clips & drums. as was ronny.

I get it: Anti "Fun-dude-stuff"

That was after he got shot.

Know what he got shot with?

A .22 revolver.

why does a dude, who can't buy a beer - be allowed to buy an assault rifle? Ya, all those dead people mowed down in a few mere minutes is 'fun stuff'.

your excuse is impotent, & reagan wasn't nuked before he thought better to have them severely reduced, if not banned, too. damn - sain't ronny would be considered liberal by today's GOP sick standards.

Last edited:

Don't try to use a dead man that got shot by globalist/leftists to support anti-gun nuttery, pls?

It is what it is.

& he indeed said that.

it is what it is.

& btw i am not anti-gun. just anti assault rifle & multi round clips & drums. as was ronny.

I get it: Anti "Fun-dude-stuff"

That was after he got shot.

Know what he got shot with?

A .22 revolver.

I guess a revolver's cylinder is kind of like a "drum," right?

No but an AR-15 can take them.

Family of AR-15 Inventor Eugene Stoner: He Didn’t Intend It for Civilians
by Tony Dokoupil

[...]

The ex-Marine and "avid sportsman, hunter and skeet shooter" never used his invention for sport. He also never kept it around the house for personal defense. In fact, he never even owned one.
And though he made millions from the design, his family said it was all from military sales
[...]

Family of AR-15 Inventor: He Didn’t Intend It for Civilians.

It's a black people problem. Just look at the demographics of the most violent parts of the USA and then look at the demographics, gun ownership, and violent crime statistics of Switzerland.

School shootings are just a liberal talking point that represents a small percentage of the violent crime in the country.
And yet almost every one of the rampage killers were white.

Go figger.

In 1981 both men critically wounded, Brady shot in the head and Reagan with a bullet an inch from his heart and was within minutes of dying. Each man came out after with two approaches.

Brady - gun control.

Reagan - as he was taken into the ER said "What's the beef with that guy?" His position was it was a people problem.

Brady's position is futile. You are not going to remove all guns from society. And even if you rounded them all up they would come across our borders faster than a hundred kilos of cocaine. The left will say "we need rational gun control". After decades no rational gun control measure has ever been presented. It is always more more more that never solves people murdering with guns. Let's ban AR-15's. AR-15's are involved in a tiny percentage of gun related murders. It's just knee jerk feel good responses.

Reagan's belief was this was a criminal individual who shot him. The guy was off his rocker. Guns have never escaped from a gun safe to go out and shoot anyone. But plenty of people do murder.

The argument then shifts to so-and-so country does not have this kind of violence. Correct. They also do not have our culture either. THAT is where the problem lies. Not the availability of weapons, it is people not believing we are all created in the image of God and are special and murder is a serious evil. You don't believe me? Go to an inner city tonight, park your car and walk for a few blocks. They won't have guns, they don't need them. Call for help. So what. Nobody in the neighborhood will call the cops to help you.

It's a culture problem people.
Reagan supported the Brady Bill and limits on assault rifles

Proof?

Two years after he left office, Mr. Reagan surprised the nation by endorsing the proposed Brady Law that established federal background checks of firearm buyers for criminal records and histories of mental disturbance. The former president noted that the law was inspired by the case of Jim Brady, his devoted press secretary who was partially paralyzed by a gunshot wound to the head during the assassination attempt. “This nightmare might never have happened” if the Brady Law had been in effect,
It definitely would never have happened if people named Jim Brady were required by law to wear a 2-inch thick full face steel helmet.
Brady wanted mentally unstable people like John Hinkley not to have access to guns

He was right.......that is why we got what happened yesterday

Reverse Barack Obama's 2016 gun executive order
"I will veto. I will unsign that (President Barack Obama's gun executive order) so fast." - Donald Trump

Trump signs resolution to reverse Obama's executive order on gun control
By Jana Heigl on Wednesday, April 19th, 2017 at 2:02 p.m.

Sources:
Comments at a rally in Mississippi

Subjects: Government regulation, Guns

Updates

One of the first regulations President Donald Trump vowed to slash was President Barack Obama's executive order on gun control that was implemented in the final year of his presidency.

Obama's order made it mandatory for the Social Security Administration to release information about mentally ill recipients of Social Security benefits. This information would then be included in background checks, essentially prohibiting people with mental illnesses to buy guns.

The Obama administration estimated this rule would affect about 75,000 people each year who have a documented mental health issue.

Obama's order was opposed by the NRA and the American Civil Liberties Union — two groups that are not usually on the same side. In a statement issued by ACLU, they said the rule "advances and reinforces the harmful stereotype that people with mental disabilities, a vast and diverse group of citizens, are violent."

Trump signed House Joint Resolution 40, nullifying Obama's rule, on Feb. 28, 2017.

[...]
Updated - Trump-O-Meter: Reverse Barack Obama's 2016 gun executive order

In 1981 both men critically wounded, Brady shot in the head and Reagan with a bullet an inch from his heart and was within minutes of dying. Each man came out after with two approaches.

Brady - gun control.

Reagan - as he was taken into the ER said "What's the beef with that guy?" His position was it was a people problem.

Brady's position is futile. You are not going to remove all guns from society. And even if you rounded them all up they would come across our borders faster than a hundred kilos of cocaine. The left will say "we need rational gun control". After decades no rational gun control measure has ever been presented. It is always more more more that never solves people murdering with guns. Let's ban AR-15's. AR-15's are involved in a tiny percentage of gun related murders. It's just knee jerk feel good responses.

Reagan's belief was this was a criminal individual who shot him. The guy was off his rocker. Guns have never escaped from a gun safe to go out and shoot anyone. But plenty of people do murder.

The argument then shifts to so-and-so country does not have this kind of violence. Correct. They also do not have our culture either. THAT is where the problem lies. Not the availability of weapons, it is people not believing we are all created in the image of God and are special and murder is a serious evil. You don't believe me? Go to an inner city tonight, park your car and walk for a few blocks. They won't have guns, they don't need them. Call for help. So what. Nobody in the neighborhood will call the cops to help you.

All those armed men around them...didn't stop the shooting, did it?

It is what it is.

& he indeed said that.

it is what it is.

And you are both wrong....there is no rational reason to ban either one....using your logic, we should then ban cars and knives......since both kill more people than civilian semi auto rifles......right?

Do you want to ban cars and knives?

From the FBI...all rifles, not just AKs or ARs......all rifle types....which means that AKs and ARs are a tiny number in the rifle catgory...

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

Rifles....374

knives....1,604

blunt objects....472

bare hands....656

a rifle cannot mow down several people in seconds. a car, or knife cannot do the same damage in the same amount of time.... nor from a secluded elevated hiding spot like nutty sniper can.

another flaccid reply.

Brady - gun control.

When Ronald Reagan Embraced Gun Control

He was wrong......and the AR-15 is not an Assault Rifle....it is a civilian and police rifle....

the creater of that AR-15 would say you are wrong- it was not meant for civilian use.

Proof?

Two years after he left office, Mr. Reagan surprised the nation by endorsing the proposed Brady Law that established federal background checks of firearm buyers for criminal records and histories of mental disturbance. The former president noted that the law was inspired by the case of Jim Brady, his devoted press secretary who was partially paralyzed by a gunshot wound to the head during the assassination attempt. “This nightmare might never have happened” if the Brady Law had been in effect,
It definitely would never have happened if people named Jim Brady were required by law to wear a 2-inch thick full face steel helmet.
Brady wanted mentally unstable people like John Hinkley not to have access to guns

He was right.......that is why we got what happened yesterday

Reverse Barack Obama's 2016 gun executive order
"I will veto. I will unsign that (President Barack Obama's gun executive order) so fast." - Donald Trump

Sources:
Comments at a rally in Mississippi

Subjects: Government regulation, Guns

Updates

One of the first regulations President Donald Trump vowed to slash was President Barack Obama's executive order on gun control that was implemented in the final year of his presidency.

Obama's order made it mandatory for the Social Security Administration to release information about mentally ill recipients of Social Security benefits. This information would then be included in background checks, essentially prohibiting people with mental illnesses to buy guns.

The Obama administration estimated this rule would affect about 75,000 people each year who have a documented mental health issue.

Obama's order was opposed by the NRA and the American Civil Liberties Union — two groups that are not usually on the same side. In a statement issued by ACLU, they said the rule "advances and reinforces the harmful stereotype that people with mental disabilities, a vast and diverse group of citizens, are violent."

Trump signed House Joint Resolution 40, nullifying Obama's rule, on Feb. 28, 2017.

[...]
Updated - Trump-O-Meter: Reverse Barack Obama's 2016 gun executive order

Trump blocks restrictions against the mentally unstable from having guns and then yesterday said....we have to do something about mental patients

This thread validates my point. The left offer no "reasonable gun control" they can live with. It's confiscate everything so government has total power.

In 1964 God was removed from the classroom.

Guess when school mass shootings began and are now routine.

JFK was assassinated in 1963

How did school prayer help him?

How many assault rifles were available for public consumption?

Afraid of science?

Anyone who knows science will ask what occurred when it suddenly starts spiking, no matter the topic being measured.
View attachment 177078

i willing to bet that dylan roof didn't give one fuck about those church going, god loving parishioners when he blew them away as they prayed.

Afraid of science?

View attachment 177078
My father used to take his rifle to school all of the time to go rabbit hunting after school.

You`re close. It`s the Gun Culture. I`m sure your dad didn`t use an assault rifle to hunt rabbits.

It's a black people problem. Just look at the demographics of the most violent parts of the USA and then look at the demographics, gun ownership, and violent crime statistics of Switzerland.

School shootings are just a liberal talking point that represents a small percentage of the violent crime in the country.
It's a cultural problem emphasized by the leftist programing lie that people are groups based upon the pigment content of their skin.

Factually, there are more white people in the country who are poor than blacks, and they kill at a much lower rate.

I'm not making an argument in that, but ignoring facts isn't a valid argument either. Why do you suppose that is? Serious question

Afraid of science?

View attachment 177078

You`re close. It`s the Gun Culture. I`m sure your dad didn`t use an assault rifle to hunt rabbits.

Hunting rabbits is one reason for the second amendment. Keeping government honest is the first. Have you ever read any of the writings of the founding fathers?

Forum List

Back