There Are Two Approaches to Gun Violence - The Brady Approach and the Reagan Approach

In 1981 both men critically wounded, Brady shot in the head and Reagan with a bullet an inch from his heart and was within minutes of dying. Each man came out after with two approaches.

Brady - gun control.

Reagan - as he was taken into the ER said "What's the beef with that guy?" His position was it was a people problem.

Brady's position is futile. You are not going to remove all guns from society. And even if you rounded them all up they would come across our borders faster than a hundred kilos of cocaine. The left will say "we need rational gun control". After decades no rational gun control measure has ever been presented. It is always more more more that never solves people murdering with guns. Let's ban AR-15's. AR-15's are involved in a tiny percentage of gun related murders. It's just knee jerk feel good responses.

Reagan's belief was this was a criminal individual who shot him. The guy was off his rocker. Guns have never escaped from a gun safe to go out and shoot anyone. But plenty of people do murder.

The argument then shifts to so-and-so country does not have this kind of violence. Correct. They also do not have our culture either. THAT is where the problem lies. Not the availability of weapons, it is people not believing we are all created in the image of God and are special and murder is a serious evil. You don't believe me? Go to an inner city tonight, park your car and walk for a few blocks. They won't have guns, they don't need them. Call for help. So what. Nobody in the neighborhood will call the cops to help you.

It's a culture problem people.
Reagan supported the Brady Bill and limits on assault rifles

When Ronald Reagan Embraced Gun Control

He was wrong......and the AR-15 is not an Assault Rifle....it is a civilian and police rifle....

the creater of that AR-15 would say you are wrong- it was not meant for civilian use.

The creator of the guillotine would tell you it was made for medical reasons. Your point?

It's a black people problem. Just look at the demographics of the most violent parts of the USA and then look at the demographics, gun ownership, and violent crime statistics of Switzerland.

School shootings are just a liberal talking point that represents a small percentage of the violent crime in the country.
And yet almost every one of the rampage killers were white.

Go figger.

That's a lie

Go figger.
That's a lie
They Threaten, Seethe and Unhinge, Then Kill in Quantity

Race Matters: Study Claims White Men Are More Likely To Commit Mass Murders Than Blacks Or Any Other Racial Group

As a white male, I have to admit that white men are more prone to deadly violence than most nonwhites are.

It has been our evolutionary advantage but now in the nuclear age of perpetual peace, it is a drawback to not be able to kill your enemies.

Damnit.

T314uiW.jpg

Go figger.
That's a lie
They Threaten, Seethe and Unhinge, Then Kill in Quantity

Race Matters: Study Claims White Men Are More Likely To Commit Mass Murders Than Blacks Or Any Other Racial Group

As a white male, I have to admit that white men are more prone to deadly violence than most nonwhites are.

It has been our evolutionary advantage but now in the nuclear age of perpetual peace, it is a drawback to not be able to kill your enemies.

Damnit.

T314uiW.jpg

Muslims are killing more people than any other group currently, and they are Arabs, Persians, Indonesians, Indians (Punjabis, ...). Percentage wise, not a lot of their asses are white

Hunting rabbits is one reason for the second amendment. Keeping government honest is the first. Have you ever read any of the writings of the founding fathers?

even the most die hard, gun loving rightwing survivalist nutjob has no power over the arsenal of the US government, no matter how many phallic symbols they cling to.

In 1981 both men critically wounded, Brady shot in the head and Reagan with a bullet an inch from his heart and was within minutes of dying. Each man came out after with two approaches.

Brady - gun control.

Reagan - as he was taken into the ER said "What's the beef with that guy?" His position was it was a people problem.

Brady's position is futile. You are not going to remove all guns from society. And even if you rounded them all up they would come across our borders faster than a hundred kilos of cocaine. The left will say "we need rational gun control". After decades no rational gun control measure has ever been presented. It is always more more more that never solves people murdering with guns. Let's ban AR-15's. AR-15's are involved in a tiny percentage of gun related murders. It's just knee jerk feel good responses.

Reagan's belief was this was a criminal individual who shot him. The guy was off his rocker. Guns have never escaped from a gun safe to go out and shoot anyone. But plenty of people do murder.

The argument then shifts to so-and-so country does not have this kind of violence. Correct. They also do not have our culture either. THAT is where the problem lies. Not the availability of weapons, it is people not believing we are all created in the image of God and are special and murder is a serious evil. You don't believe me? Go to an inner city tonight, park your car and walk for a few blocks. They won't have guns, they don't need them. Call for help. So what. Nobody in the neighborhood will call the cops to help you.

He was wrong......and the AR-15 is not an Assault Rifle....it is a civilian and police rifle....

the creater of that AR-15 would say you are wrong- it was not meant for civilian use.

The creator of the guillotine would tell you it was made for medical reasons. Your point?

it's not meant for the ordinary american to own. but thanx for the strawman.

Hunting rabbits is one reason for the second amendment. Keeping government honest is the first. Have you ever read any of the writings of the founding fathers?

even the most die hard, gun loving rightwing survivalist nutjob has no power over the arsenal of the US government, no matter how many phallic symbols they cling to.

Resisting the government isn't just about citizens alone overtly overthrowing it. You realize the military are citizens too? It's not the people versus the military. If things went that far, the military would be split. So being able to support the ones on the people's side would be critical.

What you're correct about is that currently people still consent to be governed by our criminal government that ignores the Constitutional limits placed on it by the people.

I have withdrawn my consent to be governed by the US government. I do recognize that I'm in the vast minority. As more and more people realize what the government is doing to us, our day will come. Maybe in my lifetime, maybe in my children's. Don't know

Brady - gun control.

This word you keep using, "strawman," I do not think it means what you think it means ...

That made no sense, Holmes

This word you keep using, "strawman," I do not think it means what you think it means ...

talking about guillotines is a diversion & is comparing apples to oranges & has nothing to do with the fact that AR-15s were not designed for the ordinary citizen for protection or hunting purposes - except for combat.

talking about guillotines is a diversion & has nothing to do with the fact that AR-15s were not designed for the ordinary citizen for protection or hunting purposes - except for combat.

I was responding to this, "the creater of that AR-15 would say you are wrong."

Which is why I said this, "The creator of the guillotine would tell you it was made for medical reasons."

See how that works?

talking about guillotines is a diversion & has nothing to do with the fact that AR-15s were not designed for the ordinary citizen for protection or hunting purposes - except for combat.

Which is why I said this, "The creator of the guillotine would tell you it was made for medical reasons."

See how that works?

Family of AR-15 Inventor Eugene Stoner: He Didn’t Intend It for Civilians
by Tony Dokoupil

[...]
The ex-Marine and "avid sportsman, hunter and skeet shooter" never used his invention for sport. He also never kept it around the house for personal defense. In fact, he never even owned one.

And though he made millions from the design, his family said it was all from military sales.
[...]

Family of AR-15 Inventor: He Didn’t Intend It for Civilians

lol... i'll wait for you to cough up a credible verifiable source stating your claim.

See how that works?

by Tony Dokoupil

[...]
The ex-Marine and "avid sportsman, hunter and skeet shooter" never used his invention for sport. He also never kept it around the house for personal defense. In fact, he never even owned one.

And though he made millions from the design, his family said it was all from military sales.
[...]

lol... i'll wait for you to cough up a credible verifiable source stating your claim.

Inventor of the Guillotine, he invented it for medical use. The inventor of anything can say whatever the hell they want.

You're disagreeing with that? What claim are you asking me to back up?

See how that works?

by Tony Dokoupil

[...]

[...]

Inventor of the Guillotine, he invented it for medical use. The inventor of anything can say whatever the hell they want.

You're disagreeing with that? What claim are you asking me to back up?

the designer knew it was a military weapon when he designed it for military use. your wasted argument serves no purpose other than trying to tie the two concepts togethher as if it's a viable debate you have. you don't.

nice try, doesn't fly.

Don't try to use a dead man that got shot by globalist/leftists to support anti-gun nuttery, pls?

Bush had Reagan shot so he could take over, and he did for like, 12 years, k?

If he hadn't got shot, America would be a better place, enter Trump.

It is what it is.

LOL. ok, i admit that i time traveled & forced ronny to say that.

& he indeed said that.

it is what it is.

& btw i am not anti-gun. just anti assault rifle & multi round clips & drums. as was ronny.

I get it: Anti "Fun-dude-stuff"

That was after he got shot.

Know what he got shot with?

A .22 revolver.

I guess a revolver's cylinder is kind of like a "drum," right?

No but an AR-15 can take them.

by Tony Dokoupil

[...]

And though he made millions from the design, his family said it was all from military sales
[...]

Family of AR-15 Inventor: He Didn’t Intend It for Civilians.

With his millions he could probably afford to live in a safe area and maybe even hire armed security if he wanted it. What's your point?

It's a black people problem. Just look at the demographics of the most violent parts of the USA and then look at the demographics, gun ownership, and violent crime statistics of Switzerland.

School shootings are just a liberal talking point that represents a small percentage of the violent crime in the country.

Go figger.
Rampage killings are a very small part of violent crime. Go figger.

Go figger.
Rampage killings are a very small part of violent crime. Go figger.
So, nothing to worry about

Forum List

Back