The Wheel weaves as the Wheel will...

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
Three episodes into Amazon's series, "The Wheel of Time" based on the books by Robert Jordan.

I say based on the books because they have taken some liberty with the story. I suppose that is to be expected given books rarely hold themselves to good screen play.

I will say, that I'm not too pleased with the performance of the actress playing Nynaeve al'Meara. She seems to be holding back the famous acrid tongue for which the Wisdom was known. She is being played by Zoe Robins, a very good actress. I guess time will determine if this character develops better.

The other choices for Rand, Perrin, Mat, and Egwuene have been pretty good though I don't care for the director's direction for Rand al'Thor. In the first book, he wasn't quite that forceful.

The battles are pretty good, the CGI is very good; not stunning.

The setting and set designs are fantastic.

I won't give any more way, but if you have Amazon Prime, I'd recommend it if your a fan of Robert Jordan.

I hadn't heard of the Wheel of Time series or Robert Jordan until last year. I walk a lot and listen to audio books and I downloaded the series. I was blown away by how good the writing and the performances were. When I saw the cast choices for the characters I was disappointed and so far haven't watched any of the series. I think the one that disappointed me most was the choice for Moiraine Damodred's Warder, Lan.

I hadn't heard of the Wheel of Time series or Robert Jordan until last year. I walk a lot and listen to audio books and I downloaded the series. I was blown away by how good the writing and the performances were. When I saw the cast choices for the characters I was disappointed and so far haven't watched any of the series. I think the one that disappointed me most was the choice for Moiraine Damodred's Warder, Lan.
I think that the Warder (Daniel Henny) is a good choice and he plays the part well, it a touch subdued. I'm waiting to see if he develops as well.

If you love to walk and listen to stories and you have an 'Audible' account with Amazon, you can listen to the First Book and it is narrated by Rosemund Pike, Lady Moraine Aes'dai herself. lol

I watched the first episode last night and was very disappointed.

First of all the story is really too complex to be told on screen.

However, the thing that bothered me was the diversity in the cast.

It was like some stupid Hollywood producer went crazy in trying to make the cast diverse, you know, to be politically correct.

Every couple was mixed race and there were too many Negroes or whatever.

Won't be watching any more of that woke trash. Hollywood can take its racial brain washing and cram it up it's ass.

I watched the first episode last night and was very disappointed.

First of all the story is really too complex to be told on screen.

However, the thing that bothered me was the diversity in the cast.

It was like some stupid Hollywood producer went crazy in trying to make the cast diverse, you know, to be politically correct.

Every couple was mixed race and there were too many Negroes or whatever.

Won't be watching any more of that woke trash. Hollywood can take its racial brain washing and cram it up it's ass.
Sometimes, you have to move OUT of the USMB and ignore your hatred and just enjoy a good story.

I'm sorry you cannot seem to do so.

So, episode 5 today.

Shit's starting to get good.

Sometimes, you have to move OUT of the USMB and ignore your hatred and just enjoy a good story.

I'm sorry you cannot seem to do so.

I read the books and they were great.

I'm getting sick of all this filthy diversity we are seeing from these demented Hollywood morons. It ruins everything.

You know, like this

1638581959175.png

I read the books, but I won't watch the series. It would be nothing but a disappointment. The series is thousands of pages, after it's pared down on screen too much is lost, cheapening the whole deal.

We didn't make it through the first episode. We were about 80% through it when we looked at each other and both agreed it is just boring.
Maybe it is the first episode, but in my book - if they draw out the first episode with this much dialogue and not really anything happening... I am going to bet they are drawing this thing out into multiple seasons when it should just be a limited series.

Havent read the books but im really into the show.
Might read the books now :D

Forum List

Back