The war for mass incarceration

Jeff Sessions, desperately seeking to put his stamp on the long failed war on drugs, has called for draconian measures against non-violent drug offenders. Draconian seems to be the status quo for this administration, huh? As prohibition empowered the gangsters and the mafia's, so is Jeff Sessions seeking to do the same. We all knew it was coming.

Trump - pro individual freedoms my ass

Sessions issues sweeping new criminal charging policy
has called for draconian measures against non-violent drug offenders.
Obama let go a drug offender and this happened. Just love when liberal compassion kills a woman and 2 children....For the Children... My ass..
Convicted Crack Dealer Freed Under Obama Plan Kills Woman, 2 Children
This week a grand jury in Franklin County returned a 10-count, death-penalty indictment against the ex-con, 35-year-old Wendell Callahan, for the triple murders. Callahan broke into his ex-girlfriend’s apartment and stabbed the three victims, according to a statement issued by Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O’Brien announcing the indictment.
The stupidity of the left just cant be measured.

nbas7l-620x485.jpg

Jeff Sessions, desperately seeking to put his stamp on the long failed war on drugs, has called for draconian measures against non-violent drug offenders. Draconian seems to be the status quo for this administration, huh? As prohibition empowered the gangsters and the mafia's, so is Jeff Sessions seeking to do the same. We all knew it was coming.

/---- If I nonviolently rob your house will you be OK with it?

Ah yes......

"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs" !!!!!!

Preciously third world..... lol

The simple solution is for congress to change the laws with regards to drug possession and or commerce.

The rules are the rules.
Fair enough. But Sessions should never claim to support individual freedom ever again.

/---- What a load of Hillary

From your link, let's take a look at these long mandatory sentences for specific crimes but if you do the crime you oughta do the time. If you don't want to go to jail for 20 years or whatever, then don't effing sell drugs.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions overturned the sweeping criminal charging policy of former attorney general Eric H. Holder Jr. and directed his federal prosecutors Thursday to charge defendants with the most serious, provable crimes carrying the most severe penalties.

In a speech Friday, Sessions said the move was meant to ensure that prosecutors would be “un-handcuffed and not micromanaged from Washington” as they worked to bring the most significant cases possible.

“We are returning to the enforcement of the laws as passed by Congress, plain and simple,” Sessions said. “If you are a drug trafficker, we will not look the other way, we will not be willfully blind to your misconduct.”

The Holder memo, issued in August 2013, instructed his prosecutors to avoid charging certain defendants with drug offenses that would trigger long mandatory minimum sentences. Defendants who met a set of criteria such as not belonging to a large-scale drug trafficking organization, gang or cartel, qualified for lesser charges — and in turn less prison time — under Holder’s policy.

Civil liberties advocates at the time praised the move as appropriately merciful — potentially preventing people from facing lifelong penalties for crimes that did not warrant such a punishment. But Sessions’s new charging policy, outlined in a two-page memo and sent to more than 5,000 assistant U.S. attorneys across the country and all assistant attorneys general in Washington, orders prosecutors to “charge and pursue the most serious, readily provable offense” and rescinds Holder’s policy immediately.

Sessions said prosecutors would have discretion to avoid sentences “that would result in an injustice,” but his message was clear: His Justice Department will be tougher on drug offenders than its predecessor.

“These are not low-level drug offenders we, in the federal courts, are focusing on,” Sessions said. “These are drug dealers, and you drug dealers are going to prison.
Yes, mass incarceration. Stop being redundant.

" Sessions said prosecutors would have discretion to avoid sentences “that would result in an injustice,” "

Guess you didn't read your own link. Stop being an idiot.
They've had that for years, idiot. If that's what Sessions wanted he could have said nothing. Instead, he came out and said he's reversing a policy that's been in place for 20 years, and embracing draconian measures. Look at the crime rate over the last 20 years. Sessions has decided the drastoc decline is a failure, and he wants to go back to Reaganesque mass incarceration.

You really ought to read your own link more closely, all Sessions is doing is reversing a dumbshit policy by Eric Holder in 2013.

"The Holder memo, issued in August 2013, instructed his prosecutors to avoid charging certain defendants with drug offenses that would trigger long mandatory minimum sentences. Defendants who met a set of criteria such as not belonging to a large-scale drug trafficking organization, gang or cartel, qualified for lesser charges — and in turn less prison time — under Holder’s policy."

The "oppressed" love the dems keeping them enslaved on inner city plantations ....
Decades of progressive leadership in places like Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Oakland, and St Louis have delivered them folks to the promised land .....

Hallelujah !!!!!!!!!!!! Lmfao

If you non-violently do something that doesn't affect me, I promise to be mad when Jeff Sessions drags you to prison.

If you non-violently do something that doesn't affect me, I promise to be mad when Jeff Sessions drags you to prison.
/---- As long as you personally aren't affected. Got it.

Obama let go a drug offender and this happened. Just love when liberal compassion kills a woman and 2 children....For the Children... My ass..

He was release under the guidelines of the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010.

MAR 17, 2010

Passed Senate
The bill was passed in a vote in the Senate. It goes to the House next. The vote was by Unanimous Consent so no record of individual votes was made.

JUL 28, 2010

Passed House
The bill was passed by both chambers in identical form. It goes to the President next who may sign or veto the bill. The vote was by voice vote so no record of individual votes was made.

AUG 3, 2010

Enacted — Signed by the President
The President signed the bill and it became law.

Damn that Obama!

Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 (2010 - S. 1789)

The simple solution is for congress to change the laws with regards to drug possession and or commerce.

The rules are the rules.
Pfffffffffffffft, sure, we're a nation of laws and shit, what a fucking bullshit lie.

What a useless response.
Too close to home ain't it.

The rules are the rules.
Pfffffffffffffft, sure, we're a nation of laws and shit, what a fucking bullshit lie.

What a useless response.

What home?

The rules are the rules.

What a useless response.

What home?
I don't do remedial work, locate a mentor.

The rules are the rules.

What a useless response.

What home?

You have nothing, slink away while you still have a shred of dignity left.

What a useless response.

What home?

You have nothing, slink away while you still have a shred of dignity left.
Parhtisanshitheads bore me Mawty, have a nice day.

Forum List

Back