The US Is Officially A Banana Republic: The Top 1% Now Own More Wealth Than The Entire Middle Class

The middle class used to make cars, toasters, televisions, radio's, etc etc etc. That has largely been sent overseas. It is not the same world today that it was in 1986.
Yes, the middle class is somewhat smaller. At the same time, those below the poverty level, have remained constant. What has happened is that middle-income workers have moved into the upper-income group of workers.

The damage being done by Biden/Harris administration to our economy could take decades for us to recover. It is another disaster getting worse by the day.

Yes, the middle class is somewhat smaller. At the same time, those below the poverty level, have remained constant. What has happened is that middle-income workers have moved into the upper-income group of workers.

The damage being done by Biden/Harris administration to our economy could take decades for us to recover. It is another disaster getting worse by the day.

What Biden is doing is nothing any different than we have been doing for years.

The US Is Officially A Banana Republic:

The Top 1% Now Own More Wealth Than The Entire Middle Class

Wealth distribution is not even close to accounting for Banana's Republic's problems, get your head out of your ass.

In the 1950s and 1960s, the economy was booming and the wealthiest Americans were paying a top income tax rate of 91%. Currently, the top rate is only 43.4%.

You sure don't want to compare apples with apples, do you? So typical of the selfish far-left Liberals.

I have done this before but I’ll do it again for your edification, from (1963). It will do for our purposes. Anyone (a single person) earning $4,000 per year or less paid income tax at the rate of 20%. Adjusted for inflation, that would be $31,800.00 per year today. That translates to everyone earning LESS THAN $31,800 PER YEAR TODAY WOULD PAY 20% INCOME TAX. Gosh, that sure would eliminate that 48% that pay no income tax today! Way to go!

As for the top rate of your beloved 91% in 1963, that was paid by those earning over $400,000.00 Adjusted for inflation, that would be $3,186,770.00 today. Do you want to tell us that 1% of the nation earns of 3.2 MILLION PER YEAR? Really?

In the same year, employees paid 3.625% for Social Security and the employer paid nothing. Not quite the 15.2% of today.

Now, do you really want to go back to those rates? Are you aware of the long, long list of deductions in 1963? All interest on everything and the list goes on.

Federal Income Tax Brackets for Tax Year 1962 (Filed April 1963)

FICA & SECA Tax Rates

The Inflation Calculator

What Biden is doing is nothing any different than we have been doing for years.
say-S.jpg

That the way the system works. Both parties buy and sell influence, not just Trump, so how is that "corrupt"?
That’s literally exactly what corruption is. What your describing is corruption.

That’s not TDS. That’s a reflection of your description of Trump’s corruption.
Well, that statement certainly takes a lot of chutzpah!

Without question, we have one of the most corrupt presidents in our history sort of occupying the Oval Office and you want to point to one of the very few men in history to leave the Oval Office with much less than he started. And you call THAT corrupt.

China%20taking%20Taiwan-M.jpg

Well, that statement certainly takes a lot of chutzpah!

Without question, we have one of the most corrupt presidents in our history sort of occupying the Oval Office and you want to point to one of the very few men in history to leave the Oval Office with much less than he started. And you call THAT corrupt.

China%20taking%20Taiwan-M.jpg
Biden is corrupt!

Really, what did he do?

Don’t know but he’s super corrupt.

That’s literally exactly what corruption is. What your describing is corruption.
If that is corruption, why isn't the FBI arresting all members of PACs and lobbyists?
You apparently don't know how political money flows and what donors expect for it.
What do unions get from their political donations?
What do corporations get? ANS: Subsidies

Pure partisan bullshit.

People don’t want to work shitty jobs anymore. People don’t want to be treated like shit from customers and from their bosses. People don’t want to work for people who don’t care about their health or dignity.

This isn’t about free stuff, it’s about people deciding what’s best for them. Corporate America needs to wake up and understand they can’t get away with how they treat people anymore.
1. Good employees are in demand.
2. Bad employers don’t keep good employees long.
3. Bad employees are now a dime a dozen, making all “good workers” stand out.

Twenty years ago, exceptional workers stood out because being a “good worker” meant being an average employee. IOW, nothing special because it was socially expected that employees show up on time, expect to work, not call in every week, etc.

Big picture: A nation becomes what the “nation” rewards. Look at what’s being rewarded right now by our government. Biden’s message: You can choose to stay home, don’t work, and wait for the next stimulus check to get by. Don’t get a second job as temporary solution even though you would get out of debt. That would require too much effort when you can sign up for government assistance and fake a back injury (unscrupulous doctors still practice).

I enjoy the freedom of taking personal responsibility for my actions and inactions.

Blaming the system is not only a futile time waste but harmful to personal freedom of choice. I would never back a government that plans to conduct a major land grab to the tune of 30% under the guise of undefined, permanent “conservation”. This 30 x 30 land grab is going to bite this current administration. The goal is for fed to own 30% of the land by 2030. So within 9 years, our current government plans to capture land size about double the size of Texas. That is going to be one hell of a fight… state by state.

Libertarians, independents, conservatives, and moderates (including a large portion of corporate Dems) will unite over the government’s direct intention to take farm and ranch land. It is under states rights to allow its citizens the freedom to own land! Communities are taking action to protect their property rights and all states should be concerned.

Biden’s handlers are going down, and sooner than I anticipated. It’s been one after another policy fail since he stepped (stumbled) into office. The public needs names of Biden’s string pullers. Media is mute about that- shocker! Public demand for governmental transparency of their hidden motives is growing!

Last edited:

Yup.

1. Good employees are in demand.
2. Bad employers don’t keep good employees long.
3. Bad employees are now a dime a dozen, making all “good workers” stand out.

Twenty years ago, exceptional workers stood out because being a “good worker” meant being an average employee. IOW, nothing special because it was socially expected that employees show up on time, expect to work, not call in every week, etc.

Big picture: A nation becomes what the “nation” rewards. Look at what’s being rewarded right now by our government. Biden’s message: You can choose to stay home, don’t work, and wait for the next stimulus check to get by. Don’t get a second job as temporary solution even though you would get out of debt. That would require too much effort when you can sign up for government assistance and fake a back injury (unscrupulous doctors still practice).

I enjoy the freedom of taking personal responsibility for my actions and inactions.

Blaming the system is not only a futile time waste but harmful to personal freedom of choice. I would never back a government that plans to conduct a major land grab to the tune of 30% under the guise of undefined, permanent “conservation”. This 30 x 30 land grab is going to bite this current administration. Libertarians, independents, conservatives, and moderates (including a large portion of corporate Dems) will unite over the government’s direct intention to take farm and ranch land. It is under states rights to allow its citizens the freedom to own land! Communities are taking action to protect their property rights and all states should be concerned.

Biden’s handlers are going down, and sooner than I anticipated. It’s been one after another policy fail since he stepped (stumbled) into office. The public needs names of Biden’s string pullers. Media is mute about that- shocker! Public demand for governmental transparency of their hidden motives is growing!
1. Good employees are always in demand in every economy. This is a meaningless statement and glosses over what makes a good employee a good employee and ignores the interplay between a good employee and a good employer.

2. This I agree with. What we are seeing now, I believe, is a lot of bad employers who now realize they can't keep good employees because they're bad employers.

3. Bad employees aren't always bad employees because they're bad people. It's just that sometimes they don't give a shit about their employers because their employers don't give a shit about them.

You bring on a good point about taking responsibility for your own actions, but you should extend the people who should be feel responsibility. Some employers should stop blaming others for their lack of employees and start looking at their own actions as to how they brought about this on themselves.

For example, take trucking. I was thinking about this earlier. There's a huge shortage in trucking, primarily because the older generation of truckers is retiring and younger people don't want a job that takes them away from home for weeks, that is incredibly unhealthy, that is far too demanding with far too long hours and far too little benefit. On top of that, the trucking industry has an incredibly predatory streak that takes truckers and turns them into "independent contractors" so they don't have to pay them benefits but still has leverage over them because they loaned them value in training and buying their equipment.

Corporate America has gotten away with far too much for far too long and the benefits of this behavior has amassed at the very top of the ladder. This is blowback.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
Biden is corrupt!

Really, what did he do?

Don’t know but he’s super corrupt.
~~~~~~
“We know the Biden family has a series of lucrative deals with the Chinese government.” How “lucrative” these deals were for Hunter Biden is subject todivergent estimates, but the deals did exist, through Bohai Harvest RST, a company that Hunter Biden was involved in to pursue investment opportunities. In September 2014, a deal was announced for Bohai Harvest RST to invest 6 billion Chinese yuan, or about $1 billion at the prevaili…
**********​
**********​

I say what I mean. It isn't what I infer, it's how one wants to spin what I said because one can not make a legitimate argument otherwise.

~~~~~~
**********​
**********​

1. Good employees are always in demand in every economy. This is a meaningless statement and glosses over what makes a good employee a good employee and ignores the interplay between a good employee and a good employer.

2. This I agree with. What we are seeing now, I believe, is a lot of bad employers who now realize they can't keep good employees because they're bad employers.

3. Bad employees aren't always bad employees because they're bad people. It's just that sometimes they don't give a shit about their employers because their employers don't give a shit about them.

You bring on a good point about taking responsibility for your own actions, but you should extend the people who should be feel responsibility. Some employers should stop blaming others for their lack of employees and start looking at their own actions as to how they brought about this on themselves.

For example, take trucking. I was thinking about this earlier. There's a huge shortage in trucking, primarily because the older generation of truckers is retiring and younger people don't want a job that takes them away from home for weeks, that is incredibly unhealthy, that is far too demanding with far too long hours and far too little benefit. On top of that, the trucking industry has an incredibly predatory streak that takes truckers and turns them into "independent contractors" so they don't have to pay them benefits but still has leverage over them because they loaned them value in training and buying their equipment.

Corporate America has gotten away with far too much for far too long and the benefits of this behavior has amassed at the very top of the ladder. This is blowback.
I appreciate your organized response, however, the particulars need a fined-tooth comb for accuracy in which I happen to be carrying.

1. Good employees are not needed during deep recessions nor depressions. Had you stated that good employees are always in demand during a prosperous economy, you would’ve been correct.

2. After bouncing back off of the floor from reading your words “this I agree with” I was stuck on “a lot of bad employers”. Define “a lot” so I can check for accuracy. If you’re under the impression MOST are bad bosses-no way are there over 50% of all employers considered “bad” by their employees. Have you had “a lot” of horrible bosses? If so, why? You might not know the answer, but I can make an assumption (although as of late, after another poster called me out on it, I’m trying to make less assumptions).

Number 3 is the most interesting to me as a an avid learner of human psychology. You said, “Bad employees aren’t always bad employees because they’re bad people”. Okay, that sounds fair. It could be that the “bad” employee is frequently late to work after getting his kids to different bus stops (has five children and his wife left him and the kids with for another man). Many more stories like this and worse as you know, where life conditions just pile up one after another and its hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I agree that he’s not a bad person, he’s doing the best he can but that’s not what I’m talking about with a “bad employee”. A bad employee doesn’t understand that a paycheck requires work. A bad employee will make all kinds of lies covering up reasons why he didn’t do some thing forgot something or didn’t show up on time, yet again. This negativity and lack of respect for most anything affects the other coworkers and their attitudes, which is not fair and deserves to be fired on the spot. There are others willing to work who deserve the job, not a lazy, whiner who feels entitled to things, and truly believes he or she should be given a top position as a new hire. THAT is the attitude of many workers in 2021, and a problem.

I think our different viewpoints stem directly from our employee/boss history. Yes? I’ve had great bosses except for one. She hated life, hated her employees, and I think she even hated her company that she owned. She basically fired me when I was 19 for not lying to the customers. I know full well what a bad boss is about, but I also know that most bosses are good bosses and decent, hard-working people, otherwise they wouldn’t be a boss for long by failing.

Last edited:
I personally don’t feel ripped off any more than other tax brackets, but would support upping state taxes to support my state and “owe” federal less across the board. If all states fully backed this proactive stance for States rights, federal government overreach would be eliminated. Let federal do the basics: military defense, enhanced cyberspace security, and border security.

Considering that the current administration is planning to make a 30 x 30 land grab (to acquire 30% of the land by 2030) states rights matter as much as ever! Biden’s handlers have toned down the language removing the word “permanent” from conservation, but have refused to define what they mean by “conservation” when asked to do so by congressional reps.

This Nebraskan rep is on it:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back