The US Is Officially A Banana Republic: The Top 1% Now Own More Wealth Than The Entire Middle Class

Oh, it is most definitely about the money first and foremost. Staying home and spending government checks is simply much easier than working for the same or less money. This is human nature.

I am not in a position where I need to take such a job, but I see signs all over where businesses are hiring with benefits, college tuition, insurance, etc. with no experience or education necessary. No, you won't be living near the country club on the salary, but the opportunity for advancement is certainly there and you can take advantage of the benefits. I started out at a company that didn't pay great but had a bonus structure, of which I routinely took advantage. I worked hard, stayed late, didn't complain about what was fair and not fair and what do you know, things have worked out well. My parent's taught me to have a good work ethic and not to expect things for free. That is uncommon nowadays, particularly among Democrats.
Noting the judgmental nature here.

You assume because people are making a choice for what’s right for them that they’re lazy. My generation has had nothing but abuse for the older generation corporate structure. They work their asses off and get screwed the first chance they get.

People are choosing not to put up with abuse. It’s not because they’re lazy. It’s because they have a spine.

You don't have to directly make an accusation, where as all you have to do is infer one within your writing's. No one is as ignorant as you might hope for them to be.

I say what I mean. It isn't what I infer, it's how one wants to spin what I said because one can not make a legitimate argument otherwise.

Exactly. Trump paid for those real estate loop-holes. That's how the system works. Unions buy pols, oligarchs buy pols, capitalists buy pols, the Chamber of Commerce, and many other groups and billionaires buy pols.
Remember when senator Kirsten Gillibrand was "slut shamed" for apparently sucking for shekels.

Why should I?

I make as much as I am willing to work for. I could expand and take on more work but I am content where I am. My happiness in life isn't dependent on the charity or income taxes paid by others. Just like everyone else I strive to pay as little as I can.
Exactly... The sad thing that did happen in America, was the internet allowing masses of wealth to accumulate into people's hand's that became enemies of the American system, and who are very shady character's that seek to use such wealth to turn America into a weirdo state that is completely controlled by their weirdo ace's. We've seen this in alot of ways now, but the wealth insulates them from being criticized in a constructive way by the most reasonable among us anymore. Not sure where we are heading if our weak government takes bribes I mean contributions from these character's who in return demand or require protections by our government to do as they please against us.

The US Is Officially A Banana Republic:

The Top 1% Now Own More Wealth Than The Entire Middle Class

Summary:
In some ways, we sympathize with Neel Kashkari's fake "concern" about the unprecedented wealth inequality that has emerged in the US in recent years and which has resulted in a slow, methodical and relentless destruction of the US middle class ... or rather make that precedented because there was another time when the top 0.1% had amassed as much wealth and it was just before the Great Depression. After all, who hasn't seen charts such as these showing the tremendous divergence in income earned by America's Top 1% at the expense of the middle and lower classes: Or that the top 10% now own 70% of all the US wealth, the same as the middle and lower classes combined...... up 10% from the 60% of wealth they controlled at the start of the century.
~Snip~
It's not just stocks that have benefited the super rich: housing has too. While a generation ago, the middle class held more than 44% of real estate assets in the country, it is now down to 38%. The pandemic generated a boom in housing values that has benefited most those who owned real estate in the first place. It also led to soaring rents this year, which hurt those who can’t afford a house. The self-feeding loop was yet another source of wealth transfer for the wealthier.
So the next time someone abuses the popular phrase "they hate us for our [fill in the blank]", perhaps it's time to counter that "they" may not "hate" us at all, but rather are making fun of what has quietly and slowly but surely become the world's biggest banana republic?
And it has not Russia, nor China, nor any other foreign enemy to blame except one: the Federal Reserve Bank of the United States.
Full story here

Comment:
Historically, bad shit ensues when this is sustained. Given a fed-up heavily armed populace, well....
The 18th century French banker and philosopher named Richard Cantillon noticed a phenomenon that when new money was issued by the king/government, it always flowed first to those closest to the source - the rich, powerful and connected.
He wrote called ‘An Essay on Economic Theory,” and his basic theory was that who benefits when the state prints a bunch of money is based on the institutional setup of that state. In the 18th century, this meant that the closer you were to the king and government power, the more you benefitted. The rich received “new money” first, often on beneficial terms. The further away you were, ie) average workers, the more you were harmed, due to inflation and debasement.
Money, in other words, is not neutral. This general observation, that money printing has distributional consequences that operate through the price system, is known as the “Cantillon Effect.”
The solution is simple. Break up Amazon and apply the law to politicians that have become multi-millionaires by insider trading.

That's awesome, now time for them to get a few more tax breaks!!!
MAGA

Noting the judgmental nature here.

You assume because people are making a choice for what’s right for them that they’re lazy. My generation has had nothing but abuse for the older generation corporate structure. They work their asses off and get screwed the first chance they get.

People are choosing not to put up with abuse. It’s not because they’re lazy. It’s because they have a spine.
A spine born of a Democrat government ready to use them afterwards ? Remember that nothing is free in life, so selling one's soul should be a huge thought process considered before diving into the fire so quickly.

Exactly. Trump paid for those real estate loop-holes. That's how the system works. Unions buy pols, oligarchs buy pols, capitalists buy pols, the Chamber of Commerce, and many other groups and billionaires buy pols.
Remember when senator Kirsten Gillibrand was "slut shamed" for apparently sucking for shekels.
Thanks for admitting Trump is corrupt.

The Democrats aren't talking about taxing just the top 1%, they are talking about those making over 400k/yr. Either way, it isn't their responsibility to foot an even larger percentage of the tax bill so the government can give it to people not to work. The estate tax is just plain theft no matter how you slice it and no matter the income level.
it takes an annual income of $538,926 to be among the top 1%
They paid a higher rates in the past, back to those times in the 1950s....

The GOP have managed to brainwash there supporters in to thinking that they not only should pay tax at a lower rate than ordinary folks but also it is your benefit...

It is the big con...

it takes an annual income of $538,926 to be among the top 1%
They paid a higher rates in the past, back to those times in the 1950s....

The GOP have managed to brainwash there supporters in to thinking that they not only should pay tax at a lower rate than ordinary folks but also it is your benefit...

It is the big con...
Good grief... Go get educated please.

LOL. So stupid. Only Republicans are corrupt???
What's worse, buying loop-holes (perfectly LEGAL), or democrats sucking for shekels?
Where did I say only Republicans are corrupt?

They them pay what they already owe. Do away with all their loopholes. The fact thatTrump paid only 750 bucks on an income of millions is a joke.... And its the same with most of them.
What loopholes are available to the wealthy that are not available to anyone else?

Please show us your reliable source and working links that President Trump paid $750.00 on millions of dollars in income. How much did the big expose of Trump's taxes touted by Rachel Maddow turn out to be?

What percentage of income taxes collected by the IRS comes from the top 1% of earners?

What percentage of income taxes collected by the IRS comes from the bottom 47% of earners?

IF EVERYONE paid something in Federal Income Taxes, wouldn't EVERYONE be more concerned with SPENDING?

Forum List

Back