The twinkie may live.

Hmmm to qualify for the Masters he will need an exemption...
What the hell they allowed women to join now so no doubt Obama
will be able to play in the event.He will get to play best ball using Tiger Woods
shots to play his ball.Then he gets a 5 stroke handicap to win the event.

A green jacket and a major tournament win for the Obama kid.

Hmmm I wonder if he will be able to fly back and put his home planet of Krypton back together
again this year or will he have to wait a bit on that.

Still trying to get a hold of that article on the Mt.Rushmore thing.
I want confirmation before I post any more about that. :doubt:

This morning at the shoppette the price of a 11.5 oz bag of chocolate covered donuts is $1.99 for Little Debbie and Blue bird brands.

Hostess is $2.99 for an 11.25 oz bag.

This morning at the shoppette the price of a 11.5 oz bag of chocolate covered donuts is $1.99 for Little Debbie and Blue bird brands.

Hostess is $2.99 for an 11.25 oz bag.

Have you noticed that the size of products we have bought over the years have gotten smaller and the price stayed the same or went up a little.

A pint container of ice cream looks like a pint but is not.
A can of coffee looks like a pound but is less...

Obama has found a way to do the same thing with the donut for Hostess...
From now on Hostess will lead the way for the donut we all loved to have 2 holes in it.

Obama goes on to win the Nobel Prize for engineering and marketing... :D

Where did PoopaTuba go? I'm still waiting to get the quote from the article that says Hostess has already been saved.

If the decision makers want to close the business and file for bankruptcy protection it's nobody's business but theirs.

Some fucking judge should not be able to order them to try and stay open.

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) -- Twinkies won't die that easily after all.

Hostess Brands Inc. and its second largest union will go into mediation to try and resolve their differences, meaning the company won't go out of business just yet. The news came Monday after Hostess moved to liquidate and sell off its assets in bankruptcy court citing a crippling strike last week.

The bankruptcy judge hearing the case said Monday that the parties haven't gone through the critical step of mediation and asked the lawyer for the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union, which has been on strike since Nov. 9, to ask his client, who wasn't present, if the union would agree to participate. The judge noted that the bakery union, which represents about 30 percent of Hostess workers, went on strike after rejecting the company's latest contract offer, even though it never filed an objection to it.

"Many people, myself included, have serious questions as to the logic behind this strike," said Judge Robert Drain, who heard the case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of New York in White Plains, N.Y. "Not to have gone through that step leaves a huge question mark in this case."

Hostess and the union agreed to mediation talks, which are expected to begin the process on Tuesday.

Judge asks Hostess to mediate with union - Yahoo! Finance

Forum copyright policy, to be found HERE, prohibits posting of pieces in their entirety.

~Oddball

A judge has ordered Hostess and the union to get back to the table and try again to work out a deal to avoid liquidation. Long live the twinkie.

The twinkie wasn't going to be killed you idiot, that brand is worth a fortune. Its just not worth more than what IBC owes to its creditors. Some other company will buy it and sell it. If no one wants it I'll take it.

If the company survives it will be because the Union makes yet another pay concession. They will be making less than half of what they were paid when IBC filed bankruptcy the last time around.

It has not been saved. It is going into private mediation. Did you read the article? The fuckin Union is why they are in this mess in the first place

By now, rw's know that this had more to do with the price of sugar than with fair labor practices.

Now that we know Hostess will be buying their sugar from Mexico, anybody wanna bet the rw's won't boycott.

Hypocrites.

They won't support their own fellow countrymen and but they'll support a country they all hate.

It has not been saved. It is going into private mediation. Did you read the article? The fuckin Union is why they are in this mess in the first place

That's not even true you ignorant twat wrinkle. The Union has done nothing but take pay cuts while the management milks the place dry.

That's not even true you ignorant twat wrinkle. The Union has done nothing but take pay cuts while the management milks the place dry.

If that were the case why would management want to file bankruptcy and dissolve the company? They ought to want to see it continue so they can get even more money.
You don't think very hard, do you?

Wonder bread $0.59 day before old $0.88 fresh. I can't find bread that cheap anywhere other than Hostess Stores.

You will of course back up this charge with a copy of the Union contracts. Oh and be aware there are more than one contract among these unions.

Just for the record, I support unionization. I however do not support BS lies and propaganda offered from either companies or unions.

Officials for the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union say the company stopped contributing to workers’ pensions last year. If anyone here thinks unions can't be foolishly greedy themselves then you are not paying attention or have never been a part of one.

For reference:

BCTGM | The Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union | The BCTGM represents working men and women at some of the best known companies throughout the U.S. and Canada. We represent manufacturing, production workers,

Now also read this article from way back in Feb. 2012

The Teamsters Union Is Taking Away Our Twinkies - Forbes

New Topics

Forum List

Back