The Trump Conundrum

Shit or get off the pot, Boss. You know damn good and well it's either Trump or Clinton. Take a stand.

I don't know that I can stand behind either of these candidates. I'm smart enough to realize a third party vote is a waste and I don't really like the Johnson option anyway... I think the guy is a nutball. His running mate is even more of a loose marble.

BUT... This is not about who I vote for... this is about the campaign Trump is running which is going to end in disaster. He simply cannot continue to attack everyone who isn't worshiping at his feet. You don't win over voters by attacking them and calling them losers that you don't need anyway.... that strategy will fail. You don't go off the reservation attacking a Gold Star father, regardless of who he is or what he does or what connections he has where... none of that shit matters to most Americans.

All of this time squandered the past two weeks attacking Ted Cruz again and then attacking a democrat hack who spoke at the Democrat convention... it's stupidity on a phenomenal scale. He's running against HILLARY CLINTON! FOCUS! Or, you're going to lose!
I am tickled pink that Trump is outing you GOP'er fucktards.....

Shit or get off the pot, Boss. You know damn good and well it's either Trump or Clinton. Take a stand.

I don't know that I can stand behind either of these candidates. I'm smart enough to realize a third party vote is a waste and I don't really like the Johnson option anyway... I think the guy is a nutball. His running mate is even more of a loose marble.

BUT... This is not about who I vote for... this is about the campaign Trump is running which is going to end in disaster. He simply cannot continue to attack everyone who isn't worshiping at his feet. You don't win over voters by attacking them and calling them losers that you don't need anyway.... that strategy will fail. You don't go off the reservation attacking a Gold Star father, regardless of who he is or what he does or what connections he has where... none of that shit matters to most Americans.

All of this time squandered the past two weeks attacking Ted Cruz again and then attacking a democrat hack who spoke at the Democrat convention... it's stupidity on a phenomenal scale. He's running against HILLARY CLINTON! FOCUS! Or, you're going to lose!
I am tickled pink that Trump is outing you GOP'er fucktards.....

I'm voting for him, but I'm pissed as hell he's running such a shitty campaign.

I sincerely wonder now if there will even be a Trump campaign by the time November rolls around.
I have witnessed quite a few presidential campaigns now, and I have not seen anything like this.
This guy continues to shoot himself in the foot on a daily basis. All's he needed to do was focus on Hillary, the economy, the Dimocrat policies regarding illegal immigration and refugees, and law and order.
Instead he get's butthurt so easily, he responds to stupid shit that takes the focus completely away from what's important, and for days he hands the media stories that paint him as a nut.

Unless we have a rash of terrorist attacks here in the U.S. and or a # of police executions, Hillary is going to win.

Eh, the reality is that there's lot of overblown crap going on towards Trump, the media is pretty well in the bag for the status quo and the illegal goings on in the government, it's what they're paid for...

Trump's out there battling the media and Hillary is being allowed to play hide and seek, the fix is in...:popcorn:

I sincerely wonder now if there will even be a Trump campaign by the time November rolls around.
I have witnessed quite a few presidential campaigns now, and I have not seen anything like this.
This guy continues to shoot himself in the foot on a daily basis. All's he needed to do was focus on Hillary, the economy, the Dimocrat policies regarding illegal immigration and refugees, and law and order.
Instead he get's butthurt so easily, he responds to stupid shit that takes the focus completely away from what's important, and for days he hands the media stories that paint him as a nut.

Unless we have a rash of terrorist attacks here in the U.S. and or a # of police executions, Hillary is going to win.
No she won't. The bus stop rat bag old hag power-hungry incompetent lying piece of shit will lose huge.

Bullshit. He didn't "attack" the damn muslim, he responded TO an attack. I'm sure you would prefer he say nothing to defend himself.
Point 2, he hasn't spent the past two weeks attacking Cruz. If he has, post it.

Well... YES, he DID. His knee-jerk reaction to any criticism is to attack. Not only did he attack the man, his sycophants have spent the last several days attacking the man in various editorials and on social media with stories about what he does for a living, his background, etc. Trump didn't have to defend himself... that was pointless. Did he accomplish anything? Did he win over any new voters? NO! If anything, he alienated some more. He HAS to stop this if he expects to win.

And as for Cruz, my OP plainly says... he only stopped attacking Cruz to launch into an attack of the Muslim Gold Star father. I mean, what's going to get him to move on from that? Does he need a female Hispanic police officer to attack next? Maybe a pro-life black woman? :dunno:

When is going to stop sucking the asses of Bernie supporters and go after Hillary Clinton? I kind of think that might be crucial for him to win.

Look... goofball... I don't know if you just fell of a turnip truck but let me explain to you how politics work for the GOP nominee for president... Rule No. 1: The media is not your friend! All of this air time they gave Trump to explain himself during the primaries in order to wipe out the field... that's over... that's not going to happen anymore. The media is in the tank for Hillary... they are not going to let this kind of thing go and they will relentlessly attack Trump and keep him on the defensive... he HAS to learn to move on. He HAS to change his strategy now. He cannot afford to get bogged down in one controversy after another and constantly be on the defensive. If THAT is going to be his strategy, he will lose. Guaranteed.

Bullshit. He didn't "attack" the damn muslim, he responded TO an attack. I'm sure you would prefer he say nothing to defend himself.

Well... YES, he DID. His knee-jerk reaction to any criticism is to attack. Not only did he attack the man, his sycophants have spent the last several days attacking the man in various editorials and on social media with stories about what he does for a living, his background, etc. Trump didn't have to defend himself... that was pointless. Did he accomplish anything? Did he win over any new voters? NO! If anything, he alienated some more. He HAS to stop this if he expects to win.

And as for Cruz, my OP plainly says... he only stopped attacking Cruz to launch into an attack of the Muslim Gold Star father. I mean, what's going to get him to move on from that? Does he need a female Hispanic police officer to attack next? Maybe a pro-life black woman? :dunno:

When is going to stop sucking the asses of Bernie supporters and go after Hillary Clinton? I kind of think that might be crucial for him to win.

Look... goofball... I don't know if you just fell of a turnip truck but let me explain to you how politics work for the GOP nominee for president... Rule No. 1: The media is not your friend! All of this air time they gave Trump to explain himself during the primaries in order to wipe out the field... that's over... that's not going to happen anymore. The media is in the tank for Hillary... they are not going to let this kind of thing go and they will relentlessly attack Trump and keep him on the defensive... he HAS to learn to move on. He HAS to change his strategy now. He cannot afford to get bogged down in one controversy after another and constantly be on the defensive. If THAT is going to be his strategy, he will lose. Guaranteed.
Trump will not lose. He will win HUGE - no matter how much you will him to lose.

Boss is a Hillary voter but he seems to be the last one to know it..

The Hillary news sources overplayed their hand and have turned it into a Kahn job, in my opinion the father and the Hillary bloodsuckers are using the sons sacrifice shamelessly for political advantage....

Well no... I am NOT a Hillary voter, I am a Conservative who voted for Ted Cruz. I was fully prepared to support Donald Trump until he started smearing Cruz and throwing Conservatives under the bus. Now I am undecided. I may still vote for Trump because I don't really have another choice. But this isn't about MY vote...this is about winning the election and you should be concerned about that. Do you WANT to win or not? :dunno:

Who overplayed what... or who comes up with the wittiest pun... isn't going to mean a hill of beans to the average American out there watching this go down. The media is going to present the Liberal view and that's going to guide the perception regardless of what YOU think. The longer you keep this shit going, the longer the media will pound you with it and the more votes you will ultimately lose because you don't seem to have the sense to know when to move on. You can't get derailed from your message like this on a fool's errand, trying to defend the indefensible. This is a no-win argument from a PR perspective. It doesn't matter what you think or what you say... that's a fact of life you need to accept. MOVE ON!

Boss is a Hillary voter but he seems to be the last one to know it..

The Hillary news sources overplayed their hand and have turned it into a Kahn job, in my opinion the father and the Hillary bloodsuckers are using the sons sacrifice shamelessly for political advantage....

Well no... I am NOT a Hillary voter, I am a Conservative who voted for Ted Cruz. I was fully prepared to support Donald Trump until he started smearing Cruz and throwing Conservatives under the bus. Now I am undecided. I may still vote for Trump because I don't really have another choice. But this isn't about MY vote...this is about winning the election and you should be concerned about that. Do you WANT to win or not? :dunno:

Who overplayed what... or who comes up with the wittiest pun... isn't going to mean a hill of beans to the average American out there watching this go down. The media is going to present the Liberal view and that's going to guide the perception regardless of what YOU think. The longer you keep this shit going, the longer the media will pound you with it and the more votes you will ultimately lose because you don't seem to have the sense to know when to move on. You can't get derailed from your message like this on a fool's errand, trying to defend the indefensible. This is a no-win argument from a PR perspective. It doesn't matter what you think or what you say... that's a fact of life you need to accept. MOVE ON!
Says the hitlery supporter.....

Trump will not lose. He will win HUGE - no matter how much you will him to lose.

Well... okay, you guys go right ahead and slap each other on the back and arrogantly proclaim victory... you're going to get your asses stomped if this shit doesn't change... I promise you that! It's not even going to be close. When that happens, all of your bullshit excuses about how Trump was railroaded... the system is rigged... everybody was against him... the whiny babies didn't support him.... NONE of that is going to be any consolation to us when we wake up the day after the election to President-elect Hillary Clinton!

The one statement Boss's post that is a good point is focusing on Crooked Hillary and her boss Barry "The Butthurt" Hussaine Obama. The thing is The Donald is battling the entire establishment. The establishment that is controlled by neocons. Crooked Hillary is not a progressive, she is a regressive and a neocon. It is so fucking easy to see The Donald is the obvious choice. If you happy to believing in the fairy tales of the jewish/new testament bible as a driving force for political decision making, look where that has got us, and secondly actually read the content of the jewish/new testament bible carefully with a critical, intelligent mind. It is hilariously ironic "believers" think The Donald is crazy, when the belief in middle east deities is actually crazy.
prime proof that republicans don't vote for our countries they vote party ... heres a person who is brain dead at best...

Trump's out there battling the media and Hillary is being allowed to play hide and seek, the fix is in...

Exactly the reason he cannot afford to waste precious time battling the wrong people! The media is going to constantly keep him on the defensive... knock him off message... attack him with all sorts of things that are true and untrue! That's a REALITY!

His ONLY chance, if he WANTS to win... is to change his strategy. I'm starting to wonder... does he really WANT to win? Maybe he just wanted to torch the GOP? Maybe that was his whole game plan from the start?

He NEEDS to stay focused on Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. Their record... their failures... their agenda... Stay away from the traps! Don't get put on the defensive by making stupid knee-jerk emotive statements because someone criticized you! For fuck sakes... ACT like you want to WIN the damn election!

Well... okay, you guys go right ahead and slap each other on the back and arrogantly proclaim victory... you're going to get your asses stomped if this shit doesn't change... I promise you that! It's not even going to be close. When that happens, all of your bullshit excuses about how Trump was railroaded... the system is rigged... everybody was against him... the whiny babies didn't support him.... NONE of that is going to be any consolation to us when we wake up the day after the election to President-elect Hillary Clinton!
It's people like you that will get her elected.

I've got news for you people, you're not helping Donald Trump. You're sure as hell not helping defeat Hillary Clinton. If this continues, perhaps you morons deserve to have Trump burn your party to the ground. It's just a shame that this nation is unfortunately going to have to endure another 8 years of progressive liberalism.. aka:Marxist Socialism at the hands of the most corrupt and crooked politician in history. I honestly don't know if we can survive that, but it's becoming more and more inevitable every day. Trump and his supporters simply don't act like they want to win this election.

Oh, Boss Hogg, don't whine and cry. The One Percent will still get to bone you up the ass even if Hillary is elected. Hillary will just make sure they use lube and a condom.

Donald Trump is the last, terminal stage of a GOP Disease that plays on White Male resentment. He's not a conservative, a libertarian or a Christian, but those are the people supporting him because he validates their sexual, racial and religious fears.

The real reason why you are going to endure probably a century of progressive liberal politics is because conservatives have been wrong about everything for the last 30 years. You had your chance and you blew it. Trickle down doesn't and the Market Fairy isn't going to make our lives any better.

Many of us are faced with a very vexing conundrum this election season. We seem to find ourselves with no suitable choices for the presidency of the United States. What's worse, the closer we get to November, the more our choices seem to be completely unacceptable. In the past, perhaps we've had to hold our proverbial noses and vote for the lesser of two evils but what do you do when the evils are equally bad?

I am a conservative who supported Ted Cruz. However, I never dismissed the possibility of voting for Donald Trump, should he prevail in winning the nomination. In fact, I vociferously defended some of his earlier statements regarding illegals being mostly criminals and Mexico paying for the wall. I even defended his remarks about McCain's war hero status insulating him from criticism over policy. My sentiments for Trump began to change after his attacks on Megyn Kelly, which I also dismissed as trivial nonsense. Trump began to attack people who hadn't really attacked him. First, it was Carly Fiorina with comments about her looks. Then it was Ben Carson with comments likening him to a child molester. He went on to attack Rand Paul, Jeb Bush, John Kasich, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. Not just attacks on policy but personal attacks, sleazy and lowdown gutter-level stuff.

Okay... So it's a political campaign and he's trying to win the nomination. The Democrats are going to be sleazy and nasty, so... maybe it's okay for Trump to run such a strategy in the primaries and maybe it's fair to say the candidates who couldn't withstand such attacks didn't deserve the win? I can live with that. I can find a way to dismiss all the smearing and sleazy underhanded lies and distortions because this is a rough game and maybe we need someone who can play it well like Trump? Rolling into the convention, I was willing to forgive all the crap he threw at Cruz for the sake of unifying the party so we could defeat Hillary Clinton. I think a lot of you were ready to do the same. Then came the set up of Cruz and the post-convention speech.

For the next several days, the bashing and smearing of Ted Cruz from the primaries was revived and Trump along with his supporters seemed to take great joy in trashing and bashing Cruz one more time. And this persisted until Trump turned his attention to bashing and trashing a Gold Star father who spoke at the Democratic Convention. So now, we've spent the last several days on that. Any bounce Trump may have gotten from his convention is gone. Hillary is back on top in all the polls and with the negative press Trump is now getting, look for her numbers to go up even more in the coming days. His supporters, undaunted, continue to try and explain, justify and turn the worm on the Gold Star father... completely oblivious to Hillary who is running away with the election.

The Hill reports that a recent poll conducted of the military vote, shows Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate leading both Trump and Clinton. This is shocking because the GOP historically wins this vote by a huge majority. Key Republican congressmen are now coming out in support of Hillary Clinton. Other Republicans are reluctant to endorse Trump or be seen campaigning with him. He continues to completely alienate the Conservative base and try to appeal to the Bernie Sanders voters. There is turmoil within his campaign staff... people abandoning ship left and right. And we all wait for the next bombastic and inflammatory comment to come spewing out of Trump's uncontrollable mouth.

What are we to do? It's a real conundrum for some of us. We can't vote for Hillary Clinton... but how the hell can we vote for someone like Donald Trump? This election should be a cakewalk for virtually ANY competent or half-way-competent republican. Instead, we seem to be stuck with someone who doesn't even seem to like most republicans and certainly doesn't seem to stand for very many conservative principles. He continues to pander to the left, change his positions from what he ran on in the primaries, and attack with viciousness, anyone who dares to disagree with him in any way. This is a mess and there are no signs that things are improving. His small and dwindling base of support seems content to continue defending his outrageous comments and bombastic remarks, they don't want to try and hold him accountable or pull him back. As awkward as it may be, they are out there jumping to his defense. Two weeks removed from the convention and still not focused on Hillary Clinton.

I've got news for you people, you're not helping Donald Trump. You're sure as hell not helping defeat Hillary Clinton. If this continues, perhaps you morons deserve to have Trump burn your party to the ground. It's just a shame that this nation is unfortunately going to have to endure another 8 years of progressive liberalism.. aka:Marxist Socialism at the hands of the most corrupt and crooked politician in history. I honestly don't know if we can survive that, but it's becoming more and more inevitable every day. Trump and his supporters simply don't act like they want to win this election.

Interesting post, the country is headed over the economic cliff, Trump could possibly delay it a little longer but the inevitable is the obvious. If you were smart that's what you would be preparing for. All this crap that you're obsessing over is merely babbling and entertainment. Bottom line, this country can't survive this entitlement mindset, lack of patriotism and years of moral degeneration...
this is what amazing about people like this one ... the boogie man is going to get ya... trump is the savior ...I bet you dimes to donuts that this person has look at trumps planes at all according to every, not just a few economis,t but evert economist has said trumps plan for the government will cost the country 31 trillion dollars on top of the currant debt ... whats babbling here in the voices in you head

Eh, the reality is that there's lot of overblown crap going on towards Trump, the media is pretty well in the bag for the status quo and the illegal goings on in the government, it's what they're paid for...

Trump's out there battling the media and Hillary is being allowed to play hide and seek, the fix is in...

Oh, Lumpster, stop blaming the media. all they are doing is reporting the stupid shit that Trump says and does.

The real problem is Trump's lack of discipline. This business with the Khans is a great example.

khan.jpg

Now, the speech Capt. Khan's family gave was touching, but probably would have been forgotten by now. But then Trumpenfuhrer decided he had to attack the guys wife. She hit back with an op-ed that was truly moving, and made Trump look like an asshat.

Now Trump is fighting Paul Ryan (the leader of his party in Congress) and John McCain (war hero and previous nominee) in acts of pettiness because they told him he was out of line.

Now, here's the thing you don't get. We don't need a president who escalates a crisis. We need a president who defuses crises. If Trump talked to Angela Merkel the way he talks to Megyn Kelly, we'd have WWIII on our hands.

Kudos on being honest about having mixed feelings - unfortunately there is a pretty high percentage of hardcore partisan ideologues from both ends on this board, meaning it's usually black & white, all or nothing, them or us. Good on you, seriously.

Your party has been hijacked by the wrong voices, and Trump is the result. The "more conservative vs. more moderate" battle - one that is perfectly reasonable, say, Cruz or Kasich, is what should have happened. Instead, the party was invaded by a fraud, a guy who clearly should have run as an Independent but knew he needed the GOP's infrastructure to have a chance. He ran a con and it worked, at least so far.

Take comfort in the fact that you're sure as hell not alone. Many decent Republicans have lined up against this guy, most recently Meg Whitman this morning.

The more reasonable, rational, clear-thinking elements of the party need to take a stand pretty quickly here.

Forum List

Back