The True Labor Participation!!!

We are now in territory which the Labor Department considers "full employment".
I think we'll see the unemployment rate stay close to what it currently is for a while as those not currently in the labor force come back in as more jobs are available.

24y1ma1.jpg

2h5odah.jpg

Son of a...BITCH!
As much as the right bitches about the unemployment rate, you'd think Reagan, a god to many righties, would have lowered unemployment more than Obama. But he didn't.

At this point in Reagan's presidency in February, 1987, the unemployment rate was 6.6% -- 0.9 point lower than when Reagan became president. Meanwhile,under Obama, it's 5.5% -- 2.3 points lower than when he became president.
Unemployment peaked at 10.0 percent nine months into Obama's Presidency.

It peaked at 9.7 percent during Reagan's second year.

We are now in territory which the Labor Department considers "full employment".
I think we'll see the unemployment rate stay close to what it currently is for a while as those not currently in the labor force come back in as more jobs are available.
Yep.

However, because the economy is starting to warm up, the Fed is looking at raising interest rates, and that will throw a wet blanket on the economy. And God only know what higher interest rates will do to the bond bubble.

The Obambots remain blissfully ignorant of the true situation.
I suppose you could tell us what the true situation is?

Th U-6 is at 11%. The majority of these new jobs are low paying. Obamacare is reeking havoc on the middle class and healthcare in the US. Foreign policy is a joke and we're drowning in debt.

The Unemployment Rate is U-3....and has been for decades.

Obviously you're no economist, people who deal in it look at the U6

The Bureau of Labor Statistics cites the U-3 as the official unemployment rate, as do most economists when citing the unemployment rate. The NBER, the organization that officially clocks recessions and expansions cites U-3. When virtually any economist cites the unemployment rate, they're citing U-3. Virtually every trading website and business analysis website on the web sites U-3 for unemployment numbers. U-3 is the standard and has been for decades.

The U-6 is rarely used.

Why would we suddenly switch to the U-6? Because its convenient to your argument?

As I said, anyone paying attention uses the U6. How many times has the U3 been revised under this administration? The proof is in the pudding

Th U-6 is at 11%. The majority of these new jobs are low paying. Obamacare is reeking havoc on the middle class and healthcare in the US. Foreign policy is a joke and we're drowning in debt.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics cites the U-3 as the official unemployment rate, as do most economists when citing the unemployment rate. The NBER, the organization that officially clocks recessions and expansions cites U-3. When virtually any economist cites the unemployment rate, they're citing U-3. Virtually every trading website and business analysis website on the web sites U-3 for unemployment numbers. U-3 is the standard and has been for decades.

The U-6 is rarely used.

Why would we suddenly switch to the U-6? Because its convenient to your argument?

As I said, anyone paying attention uses the U6. How many times has the U3 been revised under this administration? The proof is in the pudding
And has been shown, U-6 has declined, too.

Sorry to make your butt hurt. Again.

It's none of your business how or what I comment on, you're not a mod nor and admin. Got it, pea brain?

It's right there on the rules page for this forum, dumbass:
You may not disclose any personal information about other members.

Once again, pea brain. You're in no position to tell me what to do. I realize that gives you gas but facts are facts. Now shush, loon
This poster reminds me a lot of econchick, full of bluster and wrong about everything.
I have been thinking the exact same thing!

The U-6 is rarely used.

The U3 has never been revised.

The U-6 is rarely used.

And has been shown, U-6 has declined, too.

Sorry to make your butt hurt. Again.
il_570xN.246334490.jpg

:badgrin:

Sassy has nothing left. She has been cornered by facts, and now her inner rat is coming out.

24y1ma1.jpg

2h5odah.jpg

Son of a...BITCH!
As much as the right bitches about the unemployment rate, you'd think Reagan, a god to many righties, would have lowered unemployment more than Obama. But he didn't.

At this point in Reagan's presidency in February, 1987, the unemployment rate was 6.6% -- 0.9 point lower than when Reagan became president. Meanwhile,under Obama, it's 5.5% -- 2.3 points lower than when he became president.
Unemployment peaked at 10.0 percent nine months into Obama's Presidency.

It peaked at 9.7 percent during Reagan's second year.

Again, I don't take direction from you

It's none of your business how or what I comment on, you're not a mod nor and admin. Got it, pea brain?

It's right there on the rules page for this forum, dumbass:
You may not disclose any personal information about other members.

Once again, pea brain. You're in no position to tell me what to do. I realize that gives you gas but facts are facts. Now shush, loon
This poster reminds me a lot of econchick, full of bluster and wrong about everything.
I have been thinking the exact same thing!
The U-6 thing is now convincing me even more.

The U-6 is rarely used.

The U-6 is a stat that's rarely used in business, by the government, or in academics. Its ALWAYS higher than U-3, under Bush, under Reagan, under any president. And preliminary unemployment stats are almost always revised. That's why they're called preliminary. Preliminary stats are revised under EVERY administration.

So much for you pudding.

The U-6 is rarely used.

The U3 has never been revised.

Preliminary U-3 numbers are regularly revised when the final numbers come out. Sometimes up. Sometimes down. Its the nature of preliminary stats. And they're revised under every administration.

Forum List

Back