The tragedy of the lost Yemenite children: In the footsteps of the adoptees

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012

"Between the years 1948 and 1952, thousands of Yemenite babies, children of immigrants to the newly-founded State of Israel were allegedly taken away from their parents and given up for adoption to Ashkenazi families. Now, poet and activist Shlomi Hatuka goes back and speaks to the adoptees about one of the most painful, covered-up stories in the history of the state."

"By Shlomi Hatuka (translated by Miriam Erez)

Dedicated to my grandmother, who gave birth to twins in a hospital, and came home with only one of them. May her memory be a blessing."

kantor.jpg

This boy found out he was adopted and his adoption file contains absolutely no information about who his natural parents were. Noone signed over rights.

shuker.png

This girl only found out she was adopted at 12, she was a lucky one, she ultimately found her natural parents, she had been stolen but her father never stopped looking for her.

"She [my adoptive mother] told me she couldn’t have children and that she and Dad went to WIZO to ask to adopt… [there] they were taken into a large room and told, ‘Pick out whoever you want and take them’. Mom says it was like a marketplace. Many, many crying children. Dad wandered around for a long time and finally picked me. They took me and left. (Mashiach ’95"

The tragedy of the lost Yemenite children: In the footsteps of the adoptees | +972 Magazine

Thousands of children were taken from their natural parents and given to Ashkenazi families.

And the tragedy lives on, there are no records to unite these children with their natural parents.

"Between the years 1948 and 1952, thousands of Yemenite babies, children of immigrants to the newly-founded State of Israel were allegedly taken away from their parents and given up for adoption to Ashkenazi families. Now, poet and activist Shlomi Hatuka goes back and speaks to the adoptees about one of the most painful, covered-up stories in the history of the state."

Dedicated to my grandmother, who gave birth to twins in a hospital, and came home with only one of them. May her memory be a blessing."

kantor.jpg

This boy found out he was adopted and his adoption file contains absolutely no information about who his natural parents were. Noone signed over rights.

shuker.png

This girl only found out she was adopted at 12, she was a lucky one, she ultimately found her natural parents, she had been stolen but her father never stopped looking for her.

"She [my adoptive mother] told me she couldn’t have children and that she and Dad went to WIZO to ask to adopt… [there] they were taken into a large room and told, ‘Pick out whoever you want and take them’. Mom says it was like a marketplace. Many, many crying children. Dad wandered around for a long time and finally picked me. They took me and left. (Mashiach ’95"

The tragedy of the lost Yemenite children: In the footsteps of the adoptees | +972 Magazine

Thousands of children were taken from their natural parents and given to Ashkenazi families.

And the tragedy lives on, there are no records to unite these children with their natural parents.

Now you are presenting a blog as evidence, have you clawed right through the bottom of the barrel and are now digging in the dirt.

From the link

Sources: Yigael Mashiach, Haaretz, Yehudit Yehezkel, Tzvi Alush, Gaby Baron, Oron Meiri, Smadar Partosh, Yediot Aharonot, Yossi Walter, David Lavie, Koby Bleich, Maariv, Shoshi Madmoni, Shishi, Carmela Menashe, Mabat Sheini

The author is a poet and social activist.*This post originally appeared in Hebrew on*Haokets

kantor.jpg

shuker.png

Not the only place in the world where something like that has happened. Proof that Israel isn't perfect and that Israelis are only human beings like all the rest.

As well post about the sky appearing blue and the grass green (when it's visible beneath the snow)....... I have a friend whose grandmother was Lakota, but was listed on the adoption papers as 'French-Canadian'. And there's the cousin my mother's family lost because she was given by the nuns in Czechoslovakia to a childless couple while she and her brother were being hidden in the orphanage.

And there were all those Irish babies adopted out to England and Canada and elsewhere in the Commonwealth........ Not to mention a couple of countries in South America where children of political opponents who were 'disappeared' were adopted by 'regime-friendly' or 'connected' families.......

It is not a blog.

Anything to say about this tragedy?

Here you go their very own words taken from the link you provided, just look under about

About

+972 is a blog-based web magazine that is jointly owned by a group of journalists, bloggers and photographers

Your apology will be accepted graciously

It is not a blog.

Here you go their very own words taken from the link you provided, just look under about

About

+972 is a blog-based web magazine that is jointly owned by a group of journalists, bloggers and photographers

She also repeatedly says that Wikipedia is not a credible post when I caught her using it twice haha!

It is not a blog.

About

She also repeatedly says that Wikipedia is not a credible post when I caught her using it twice haha!

We all know she's a Hypocrite . Something we all expect from this " Christian " :clap2:

Forum List

Back