The Trade war Could turn into the War in Iraq

When did lefties become the voice of anti-America? After they lost the last election? What's the purpose of claiming that "China will make no concessions" while offering no evidence to support the claim? It's easy, it's propaganda generated by foreign agents and willingly spread by the angry incoherent left.
we were supposed to get a more "artistic trade deal."

SO far the trade war hasn't really hurt the US, and it is hurting China somewhat.

BUT this is just the beginning and this thing looks set to escalate over the next year because China is not going to make any real concessions. This war looks to drag on and escalate and the damage it could do to our economy will increase. It is a very real possibility that this could cause a recession and continue to drag on for years.

If that were the case then Trump would have gotten us into another war that he totally mismanaged, fucked up, and can't win, just like Bush did

The war in Iraq started the same way and then before you knew it, we were bogged down in a total quagmire that we couldn't win, and that completely destabilized the entire region, with no end in sight. Bush made so many mistakes and terrible decisions in Iraq and the results proved that. The war in Iraq was one of the biggest blunders in US history and we have Bush to thank for that debacle and failure.

This trade war could take a turn for Iraq. I think Trump made a major mistake/blunder when he increased the tariffs a few weeks ago. At that time the tariffs were clearly hurting China, but not hurting the US that much so just be patient and sit back and let them damage China and not us, which will help us. Instead raising the tariffs to now 15% and 30% will start to hurt the US and could cause a recession. Also it seems like the tariffs are going to continue to go up, which will hurt us even more. Every move made in this trade war is very important, making the wrong move could make or break the entire outcome of the war.

This trade war could turn sour and then Trump will have passed off another losing war to his predecessor, just like Bush. Two peas in the failed president pod, notta a good look for the GOP.

Lol.....what?
We already know what you're going to do when this trade war turns sour... blame the Democrats. That's what your side always does when it fucks up. According to you the War in Iraq is somehow the democrats fault, and Bush crashing the economy is somehow the democrats fault, despite one big fact. Bush was the "decider" he makes all the "decisions" -remember when Bush said that himself- and when those decisions are wrong and the results of those decisions are bad YOU take responsibility for those bad decisions. You don't pass off blame to others, it is your fault.

If you don't have the foresight to see how this trade war can turn bad and hurt the US and US economy, then you need to start learning real quick. I would advise you to stay away from the financial markets because you exemplify the type of person that loses everything, then blames the brokerage, liberals, everyone else and tries to sue the brokerage to get their money back. It happens.

I'm sure you thought the war in Iraq was going fine in 2003/2004. How'd that turn out for you? (exactly why I made this analogy)

I was laughing at your nonsense comparing a trade war with the Iraq War. I lost a dear friend in that war. To compare the two is ridiculous you nonsensical clown

You're playing the same game republicans have played for decades. All those bad polices were those other kind of republicans. Ten years from now you will be blaming it all on those stupid Trumpublicans and you were never in agreement with them. It's pretty handy to be able to just forget you were ever wrong.

You're a very negative individual. I suggest you go out for a walk, pet a dog, make a new friend, maybe get laid and have a great meal. Trust me.....if you expect trouble, problems, and nothing good to happen, that's what you'll get.
Excuse me if after all this time I have little faith in economic snake oil miracle cures that republicans always seem to be in love with. No one disputes that there were serious problems with doing business with China and that something needed to be done. The problem here is the clueless dolt who is running the show. He's going to fuck it up and we will end up worse off.
Corporate welfare is alive and well in the US. Why couldn't this issue be adjusted via corporate welfare or infrastructure upgrades?
Already being done as much as possible. The thing no one is talking enough about is what tariffs are for. They are only effective when they are used to protect market dominance. They will never reestablish any market or product that we abandoned years ago.

You're playing the same game republicans have played for decades. All those bad polices were those other kind of republicans. Ten years from now you will be blaming it all on those stupid Trumpublicans and you were never in agreement with them. It's pretty handy to be able to just forget you were ever wrong.

You're a very negative individual. I suggest you go out for a walk, pet a dog, make a new friend, maybe get laid and have a great meal. Trust me.....if you expect trouble, problems, and nothing good to happen, that's what you'll get.
Excuse me if after all this time I have little faith in economic snake oil miracle cures that republicans always seem to be in love with. No one disputes that there were serious problems with doing business with China and that something needed to be done. The problem here is the clueless dolt who is running the show. He's going to fuck it up and we will end up worse off.
Corporate welfare is alive and well in the US. Why couldn't this issue be adjusted via corporate welfare or infrastructure upgrades?
Already being done as much as possible. The thing no one is talking enough about is what tariffs are for. They are only effective when they are used to protect market dominance. They will never reestablish any market or product that we abandoned years ago.
We don't know that for sure-its worth a try

SO far the trade war hasn't really hurt the US, and it is hurting China somewhat.

BUT this is just the beginning and this thing looks set to escalate over the next year because China is not going to make any real concessions. This war looks to drag on and escalate and the damage it could do to our economy will increase. It is a very real possibility that this could cause a recession and continue to drag on for years.

If that were the case then Trump would have gotten us into another war that he totally mismanaged, fucked up, and can't win, just like Bush did

The war in Iraq started the same way and then before you knew it, we were bogged down in a total quagmire that we couldn't win, and that completely destabilized the entire region, with no end in sight. Bush made so many mistakes and terrible decisions in Iraq and the results proved that. The war in Iraq was one of the biggest blunders in US history and we have Bush to thank for that debacle and failure.

This trade war could take a turn for Iraq. I think Trump made a major mistake/blunder when he increased the tariffs a few weeks ago. At that time the tariffs were clearly hurting China, but not hurting the US that much so just be patient and sit back and let them damage China and not us, which will help us. Instead raising the tariffs to now 15% and 30% will start to hurt the US and could cause a recession. Also it seems like the tariffs are going to continue to go up, which will hurt us even more. Every move made in this trade war is very important, making the wrong move could make or break the entire outcome of the war.

This trade war could turn sour and then Trump will have passed off another losing war to his predecessor, just like Bush. Two peas in the failed president pod, notta a good look for the GOP.

China will fold because they need the US to buy their crap. We don’t need them, we can move factories back to the US or other countries. China cannot find replacement buyers for their crap.

They're getting weirder and weirder.

Leverage in a trade war is a temporary thing. Eventually markets will bypass punitive trade rules and that particular weapon becomes useless. Trump is wasting our trade weapons in what is the real war equivalent of a human wave attack against a fortified position.

If that were the case then Trump would have gotten us into another war that he totally mismanaged, fucked up, and can't win,

I like how you fabricate shit out of thin air. Like setting up your own dominoes, knocking them down then blaming someone else.

Just the fact that you have no problems diminishing the ultimate sacrifice MANY Americans paid in the Iraq war JUST TO GET TRUMP speaks volumes about you.

PS. Keep me updated on how many Americans are killed in the China trade dispute.....

Fucking idiot

Leverage in a trade war is a temporary thing. Eventually markets will bypass punitive trade rules and that particular weapon becomes useless. Trump is wasting our trade weapons in what is the real war equivalent of a human wave attack against a fortified position.
Still worth a try-that's what living is for.

The human wave attack is a last-ditch tactic common in vainglorious generals who are too stupid to know when they are outmatched. Why do you think we have not had a trade war before? We gave away our ability to win the minute we allowed a trade deficit to develop in the first place.

republicans know how to start wars.

They don't know how to win them or end them.

Why Any need for a trade war if they "able to expense most of those costs"?

The human wave attack is a last-ditch tactic common in vainglorious generals who are too stupid to know when they are outmatched. Why do you think we have not had a trade war before? We gave away our ability to win the minute we allowed a trade deficit to develop in the first place.
Still worth a try-anything is possible.

Why indeed? Economists seem to be at a loss because rarely has a major economy acted so recklessly. We are in uncharted territory. The magic 8-ball says: "All signs point to maybe".

Why indeed? Economists seem to be at a loss because rarely has a major economy acted so recklessly. We are in uncharted territory. The magic 8-ball says: "All signs point to maybe".
IP stealing is enough to start a real war. Call it legalized extortion spying. Dumping steel and such? China is just a bad actor who needs a good spanking

IP stealing is enough to start a real war. Call it legalized extortion spying. Dumping steel and such? China is just a bad actor who needs a good spanking
There were certainly valid issues that needed to be addressed, now we will never have the leverage to get anything done.

[QUOTE="Third Pa

There were certainly valid issues that needed to be addressed, now we will never have the leverage to get anything done.

We've been "addressing" the trade deficit for 20 years and they ignored us. We are now solving the problem instead of addressing issues. You're either being purposefully stupid about this or you don't have a clue what's going on....which is it?

Or more leverage

The trade war was bound to happen sooner or later. For some reason, the left feels that China has no responsibility to deal fairly and the only recourse is total surrender to their trade policies. If China believes we lack the stomach for the fight, they will simply take advantage even more. I don't know if Trump's tactics will work. But, something needed to be done.

Leverage is called having other customers for your products which was accomplished TODAY when the Japs decided to play ball with the President instead of getting their little tin cars tariffed. The doom and gloomers here will ignore this because the DNC hasn't thought up a reply they can make. I can see Juan Williams (the ugliest man ever born) panicking over how to handle this terrible news for his fellow communists.

Forum List

Back