The top 20% of the income earners in the United States get $35,000 in government assistance while the bottom 20% get $25,000 in government assistance.

This was on NPR radio. Meaning that the top 20% of income earners in the United States including billionaires get $35,000 on average of government assistance through things like the mortgage interest reduction rates and other avenues. While the bottom 20% of Americans people on food stamps including folks on various welfare programs get about $25,000 in government assistance.

We need to learn from Lyndon Baines Johnson and we need to get America back on track. Thank you God bless
Quoting NPR is not unlike quoting from the Communist Manifesto about the benefits of capitalism.

As for your whimsical figures. They are garbage.

###

"While the U.S. tax system is progressive, the distribution of government spending makes the overall fiscal system more progressive than is apparent from tax distributions alone. Using a microdata model we estimate the distribution of federal, state and local taxes and spending between 1991 and 2004."

"We find households in the lowest quintile of income received roughly $8.21 in federal, state and local government spending for every dollar of taxes paid in 2004, while households in the middle quintile received $1.30, and households in the top quintile received $0.41."

"Overall, tax payments exceeded government spending received for the top two quintiles of income, resulting in a net fiscal transfer of between $1.031 trillion and $1.527 trillion between quintiles. Both taxes and spending appear to have large distributional effects on households, and these effects have grown since 1991."

"The results suggest tax distributions alone are an inadequate measure of progressivity, and policymakers should examine both tax and spending distributions when judging the overall fairness of policy toward income groups."

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/wp1.pdf

We need only to learn from the massive mistakes made by President Johnson.

Keeping your own f'ing money you earned is not government assistance. Plus $35k is chump change, those mooching deadbeats took much more than that from me in taxes. How much did the bottom 20% pay in taxes while sucking up assistance I pay for?

Let me preface this by saying to my conservative friends please don’t get mad at me I’ll vote for the same Candidates as you folks. Donald Trump 2024. I’ve voted for him in 2020. I voted for all the Republican candidates in New York State and they all let me down they lost and it’s getting tiresome it really is getting tiresome to vote for losers. With exception to Mr. Trump we don’t know what happened in the 2020 election.

Let’s look at some of the statistics of the American past … Democrats like John F Kennedy and Lyndon Baines Johnson slashed poverty in half.. But by the time of the 1990s and due to poor work by people like Ronald Reagan , George HW. Bush and Bill Clinton the poverty rate went way up. And we have a lot of problems in the country bc of it.

There are many myths about how low income people on welfare are ruining the system but it’s actually the top 20% of earners and the fact that our middle class has been affectively destroyed. That’s why we have problems in America today because we’ve lost so many of the steel jobs the union jobs ….Today all the best union jobs are with police officers and corrections officers and God bless them they’re all great people. And those are all great jobs. You can make $100,000 a year working a New York State correctional job with overtime. And the people who oppose good paying middle-class jobs, the corrupt employers in our country who have wrecked the middle-class the corrupt government officials should in a democratic way that should have their arms broken ….we should actually have laws like that because we already have a death penalty ….it makes no sense to not have laws where we can take a baseball bat and break corrupt employers arms or at least just take the baseball bat and smash into their arms or legs instead of sending them to some upscale jail for a few years. Again why do we have capital punishment why do we have a death penalty the most severe penalty but yet we don’t have a penalty system where we can just take a baseball bat or an iron club and hit somebody in the arms or legs again with democratic voting do this in a democratic way

This was on NPR radio. Meaning that the top 20% of income earners in the United States including billionaires get $35,000 on average of government assistance through things like the mortgage interest reduction rates and other avenues. While the bottom 20% of Americans people on food stamps including folks on various welfare programs get about $25,000 in government assistance.

We need to learn from Lyndon Baines Johnson and we need to get America back on track. Thank you God bless

What you should take from this is never, ever, listen to NPR.

I don't see things like the upper-income's mortgage interest reduction rates and tax breaks as "government assistance." It's not like the government is giving them other people's money that was collected through tax revenue. The government is just allowing those upper-income to keep more of their own money.

But the bottom 20% are given food stamps, rent assistance, and other welfare programs they never paid for, but were rather paid for by other people's money the government collected as taxes.
There has to be a poor class if there is a rich class. It is not possible to only have. The tax money that they get is miniscule really.

Let me preface this by saying to my conservative friends please don’t get mad at me I’ll vote for the same Candidates as you folks. Donald Trump 2024. I’ve voted for him in 2020. I voted for all the Republican candidates in New York State and they all let me down they lost and it’s getting tiresome it really is getting tiresome to vote for losers. With exception to Mr. Trump we don’t know what happened in the 2020 election.

Let’s look at some of the statistics of the American past … Democrats like John F Kennedy and Lyndon Baines Johnson slashed poverty in half.. But by the time of the 1990s and due to poor work by people like Ronald Reagan , George HW. Bush and Bill Clinton the poverty rate went way up. And we have a lot of problems in the country bc of it.

There are many myths about how low income people on welfare are ruining the system but it’s actually the top 20% of earners and the fact that our middle class has been affectively destroyed. That’s why we have problems in America today because we’ve lost so many of the steel jobs the union jobs ….Today all the best union jobs are with police officers and corrections officers and God bless them they’re all great people. And those are all great jobs. You can make $100,000 a year working a New York State correctional job with overtime. And the people who oppose good paying middle-class jobs, the corrupt employers in our country who have wrecked the middle-class the corrupt government officials should in a democratic way that should have their arms broken ….we should actually have laws like that because we already have a death penalty ….it makes no sense to not have laws where we can take a baseball bat and break corrupt employers arms or at least just take the baseball bat and smash into their arms or legs instead of sending them to some upscale jail for a few years. Again why do we have capital punishment why do we have a death penalty the most severe penalty but yet we don’t have a penalty system where we can just take a baseball bat or an iron club and hit somebody in the arms or legs again with democratic voting do this in a democratic way

/----/ Anyone who uses FDR as an avatar would never vote for Trump. And you're wrong about President Reagan.

Black income jumped, in constant 1988 dollars, The total annual income earned by all 30 million U.S. blacks together rose from $191 billion at the end of 1980, to $259 billion by the end of 1988. That sum was larger than the GDP of all but ten nations in the world.

The number of black families earning more than $50,000 per year much more than doubled, from 392,000 in 1982 to 936,000 in 1988. The median salary/wage of black males increased from $9,678 in 1980 to $14,537 in 1988 (in current dollars). Median means half earned more than that, half less, so more than half of all black males improved their income by more than 50 percent.

NPR is a Democrat controlled Woke news network. They are not a credible source of information. The mortgage interest deduction is not "government assistance".
/-----/ When President Trump capped State And Local Taxes deductions at $10,000, do you know who screamed the loudest? Blue State democRATs. They want to keep more of their own money too.

NPR is a waste of taxpayers money

If the best you can come up with is the mortgage interest deduction then you and NPR are sucking air bigtime

You are well meaning but you need to start seeing the world as a criminal sees it (politician ) not a sheep, your view is very naive. LBJ was a racist POS to the max and was in on killing JFK; he also got us into the Vietnam war. Here is why LJB cut poverty ; quote " After this, we will have those Nixxers voting for us for the next 200 years !" AND HE DESTROYED THE BLACK ( and poor white) families by his Great Society welfare schemes whereby the female could not get money for each kid they had if there was a husband in the home ( single girls got money for every brat they spawned ).

/-----/ When President Trump capped State And Local Taxes deductions at $10,000, do you know who screamed the loudest? Blue State democRATs. They want to keep more of their own money too.

Well,

I think maybe it is that -

They want to pay high taxes to fund services that they want and then through the Deductions have the money transferred back to them from more fiscally responsible Red States.

There has to be a poor class if there is a rich class. It is not possible to only have. The tax money that they get is miniscule really.

Without the rich class, the poor class would not even survive. It's the upper-income who creates the businesses and jobs that generate the tax revenue that supports the lower-class.

Forum List

Back