The top 1% get 93% of income growth: Bloomberg

So, listening to the cons on this board, you would think that the whining employees of this country, the lazy middle class, are completely at fault for their economic reality. This article looks at the issue from a non partial point of view.

Top 1% Got 93% of Income Growth as Rich-Poor Gap Widened - Bloomberg

So, maybe a good look at what is being said in this study can generate some discussion. Over the years, my reading of the subject of income distribution heavily weighted to the top is a really really good indication of the end of the reign of leading economies.

But always, always, the wealthy fight any changes, clear to the bitter end.

The other question that comes to mind is obvious. Is this the country that you expected to see, and is it the economy that you want to live with.

Good for them. I hope one day to join them.

And we also have more rules, regulations, restrictions, bureaucracy and crony capitalism than ever before.

I've had an epiphany!....We need more rules, regulations, restrictions, bureaucracy and crony capitalism to solve the issue!

Me too!

We need less rules..and less interference from the government when we haul a robber baron out of his house, pour pitch and feathers on him..and hang him from the nearest street lamp.

Please go ahead!

This is a bit I posted on another thread:

There's a good CBO report on this issued May 16, 2012 called "Trends In The Distribution Of Household Income, 1979-2007" CBO | Trends in the Distribution of Household Income Between 1979 and 2007
I don't seem to be able to copy the cool looking graph, but you can get that from the link to the report.

Quote: Originally Posted by _CBO"
CBO finds that, between 1979 and 2007, income grew by:

275 percent for the top 1 percent of households,
65 percent for the next 19 percent,
Just under 40 percent for the next 60 percent, and
18 percent for the bottom 20 percent.

The upshot is that over the last 28 years real income has grown faster for the top 1% than everyone else, which is why I conclude that income inequality is increasing.

So what? Get off your ass and work.

From 1979 to 2012 my income has increased 320%. I'm not in the top 1% either.

I made sacrifices and worked hard in my life.Now the hardest work I have to do is to fight to keep the lazy moochers from taking the money I worked for and they did not.

So, cons see no issue. Correct?

Oh.. I clearly see you have an issue... you have envy and greed like so many others out there (it greed is not limited to the rich).. but it is a PERSONAL ISSUE

We do not have a finite amount of wealth... nobody's path is set because someone like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Kobe Bryant, or whomever makes more money than will ever be needed by his family for generations

And just because you have a PERSONAL problem with what someone else makes, does not mean the government should be there to confiscate it to prop you up more or to redistribute it to others to take care of your personal feelings of charity

So, listening to the cons on this board, you would think that the whining employees of this country, the lazy middle class, are completely at fault for their economic reality. This article looks at the issue from a non partial point of view.

Top 1% Got 93% of Income Growth as Rich-Poor Gap Widened - Bloomberg

So, maybe a good look at what is being said in this study can generate some discussion. Over the years, my reading of the subject of income distribution heavily weighted to the top is a really really good indication of the end of the reign of leading economies.

But always, always, the wealthy fight any changes, clear to the bitter end.

The other question that comes to mind is obvious. Is this the country that you expected to see, and is it the economy that you want to live with.

So, what do YOU propose to do about it?

This is a bit I posted on another thread:

There's a good CBO report on this issued May 16, 2012 called "Trends In The Distribution Of Household Income, 1979-2007" CBO | Trends in the Distribution of Household Income Between 1979 and 2007
I don't seem to be able to copy the cool looking graph, but you can get that from the link to the report.

Quote: Originally Posted by _CBO"
CBO finds that, between 1979 and 2007, income grew by:

275 percent for the top 1 percent of households,
65 percent for the next 19 percent,
Just under 40 percent for the next 60 percent, and
18 percent for the bottom 20 percent.

The upshot is that over the last 28 years real income has grown faster for the top 1% than everyone else, which is why I conclude that income inequality is increasing.

So, what do YOU propose to do about it?

The wealth gap is the result of corporatism run roughshod through our legislation. You have regulatory protections from almost every angle from almost every sector of the economy. Energy, Agribiz, healthcare, retail, etc..etc..etc..

The very people you elect, as was just proven by the author of the AHCA moving back out of washington into the open arms of one of washingtons top protected medical care corps, are cronies to big business. And that is why they have effectively destroyed all competition through the legislative process in order to secure themselves as kings in their industry. The legislators are handed a nice chunk of money for securing these interests, and when their time is up in washington, they have seats waiting for them in the very sectors they help establish as oligarchs.

And then, you piss and moan about it and vote for them again.
Some of us call it corruption.

Congratulations.

Last edited:
30191826.jpg

From 1979 to 2012 my income has increased 320%. I'm not in the top 1% either.

I made sacrifices and worked hard in my life.Now the hardest work I have to do is to fight to keep the lazy moochers from taking the money I worked for and they did not.
While it should be obvious, it is important to note that the numbers are adjusted for inflation. For your consideration, in 1979 a new ford probably cost around $7K, but today it costs around $28K.
That would be about 400%. Congratulations. That hard work lost money for you.
By the way, who is taking your money? Ever try to figure out how much they are taking? Are they using a gun, or are you just talking about taxes"

Oh.. I clearly see you have an issue... you have envy and greed like so many others out there (it greed is not limited to the rich).. but it is a PERSONAL ISSUE

We do not have a finite amount of wealth... nobody's path is set because someone like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Kobe Bryant, or whomever makes more money than will ever be needed by his family for generations

And just because you have a PERSONAL problem with what someone else makes, does not mean the government should be there to confiscate it to prop you up more or to redistribute it to others to take care of your personal feelings of charity
You miss the point entirely.

And we also have more rules, regulations, restrictions, bureaucracy and crony capitalism than ever before.

I've had an epiphany!....We need more rules, regulations, restrictions, bureaucracy and crony capitalism to solve the issue!

yeah, wall st was waaay over-regulated by the Bu$h II SEC. :eusa_eh:

No they just hate poor folk.
Wonder how many poor white people fox tells them about considering white people make up > 60% of those on social assistance.
The wealth gap is the result of corporatism run roughshod through our legislation. You have regulatory protections from almost every angle from almost every sector of the economy. Energy, Agribiz, healthcare, retail, etc..etc..etc..

The very people you elect, as was just proven by the author of the AHCA moving back out of washington into the open arms of one of washingtons top protected medical care corps, are cronies to big business. And that is why they have effectively destroyed all competition through the legislative process in order to secure themselves as kings in their industry. The legislators are handed a nice chunk of money for securing these interests, and when their time is up in washington, they have seats waiting for them in the very sectors they help establish as oligarchs.

Congratulations.

Revolving-door politics. It also applies to the military retiring into the ranks of defense contractors..

In other news, the fat got a lot fatter while the skinny got only a little bit fatter.

Clearly, the fat guy ate the skinny guy's food. :doubt:

Congratulations.
So, can I say that you believe the biggest problem is money in politics?? That is, you believe private money paid to hire lobiests who then get what their benefactors want, and then go on to positions in companies in those industries, and then get for them more of the same, is the problem?

How about money from the wealthy, mostly corporations, who pay politicians campaign costs, allowing more money in political campaigns than ever before by huge margins? And getting their candidates into power?

You miss the point entirely.

No... I have it.. you are filled with greed, envy, and a will to limit others freedom to suit your outcome...

Don't limit YOUR freedom, but oh please mommy government, limit the freedoms of others because I want what they have

Forum List

Back