The Suspense Is Killin Me

WillPower

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2018
Great...now MLB is going to suspend Spring Training and the beginning of the baseball season. The NBA just suspended their season, The NHL just suspended their season. The NCAA tournament will be played without fans....some "March Madness" eh? Those of us who have immersed ourselves in sports to ignore the the virus HOAX now have no place to turn. Oh? you don't believe this is a HOAX? So tell me, where are the piles of bodies stricken with Disease X? Where are the dead being stashed? What about the chillllllldren? Oh, they don't get it...how convenient. Meanwhile the dogshit media is screeching this is the end of Trump while the old commie criminal Pelousy ain't suspending her last few months of being Speaker. Wonder why that is? I'm all for being better safe than sorry but please.....the suspense is killing me.....how about we act normal, do normal things, and not pretend the Walking Dead are milling around outside our houses. Corona is the FLU...comprende? It takes old people and compromised people. Get over it...literally. :eusa_hand:

seems_a_little_crazy_weird_al.gif

Great...now MLB is going to suspend Spring Training and the beginning of the baseball season. The NBA just suspended their season, The NHL just suspended their season. The NCAA tournament will be played without fans....some "March Madness" eh? Those of us who have immersed ourselves in sports to ignore the the virus HOAX now have no place to turn. Oh? you don't believe this is a HOAX? So tell me, where are the piles of bodies stricken with Disease X? Where are the dead being stashed? What about the chillllllldren? Oh, they don't get it...how convenient. Meanwhile the dogshit media is screeching this is the end of Trump while the old commie criminal Pelousy ain't suspending her last few months of being Speaker. Wonder why that is? I'm all for being better safe than sorry but please.....the suspense is killing me.....how about we act normal, do normal things, and not pretend the Walking Dead are milling around outside our houses. Corona is the FLU...comprende? It takes old people and compromised people. Get over it...literally. :eusa_hand:

The MBA isn't actually suspending Spring Training, are they? Just allowing spectators? WHY can't these teams play and televise their games-- charge the TV channels more if they have to, but actually stopping people from watching baseball?

This is not right. My mother is turning in her grave right now. She never missed a Red Sox game. Ever. (Well, on radio or tv, not in person).

Relax, it is just for show.....

The season will start on schedule with no interruptions...

Nobody cares about spring training anyway....

• Banned

The players can't be expected to end spring training and be ready for the season...it doesn't work that way. Hitters need more ABs and pitchers are only now starting to control their breaking pitches. You can't hang up the cleats for two weeks and expect them to be ready for the seaon...this is nuts...they play OUTSIDE! and there is little to no mingling outside the dugout....absurd.

• Banned
The MBA isn't actually suspending Spring Training, are they? Just allowing spectators? WHY can't these teams play and televise their games-- charge the TV channels more if they have to, but actually stopping people from watching baseball?

This is not right. My mother is turning in her grave right now. She never missed a Red Sox game. Ever. (Well, on radio or tv, not in person).

The commish is at the moment in a conference call with the 30 team owners.....MLB Rumors.com fully expects there to be a suspension of play until further notice.

The players can't be expected to end spring training and be ready for the season...it doesn't work that way. Hitters need more ABs and pitchers are only now starting to control their breaking pitches. You can't hang up the cleats for two weeks and expect them to be ready for the seaon...this is nuts...they play OUTSIDE! and there is little to no mingling outside the dugout....absurd.
Just means some teams will really suck at the beginning of the season until they get their legs under them -- unless your team is the Mets or something -- then you will notice little change....

I'm pretty sure she has missed a bunch of them lately.

why can't americans decide on their own what they feel is safe? we don't need your fking interference. get out of my face nat.

Just means some teams will really suck at the beginning of the season until they get their legs under them -- unless your team is the Mets or something -- then you will notice little change....

No, it means that the difference between a .300 hitter and a .220 hitter is balance and timing. No team has enough talent to ignore two weeks of ST, especially the last two weeks when the starters are stretched out ready to go 6-7 innings. It's dangerous to expect hitters to stand in against guys throwing in the high 90's who timed themselves to go green light on the 26th and then get shut down.....guys will get hit, elbows will get blown out....fucking crazy.

Is this really a surprise? Look at NBA. Hard to maintain a 6 foot distance in team sports and these players are expensive assets. Two player infected in the NBA last I heard. An infection could run through a team pretty quick. Neither of these two sports are really considered contact sports, but a lot of contact is made and drawing fans to come together and watch is self defeating to the country at this time also. Sounds like a sensible move to me.

Is this really a surprise? Look at NBA. Hard to maintain a 6 foot distance in team sports and these players are expensive assets. Two player infected in the NBA last I heard. An infection could run through a team pretty quick. Neither of these two sports are really considered contact sports, but a lot of contact is made and drawing fans to come together and watch is self defeating to the country at this time also. Sounds like a sensible move to me.
it's called dangerous and an over reach, if people didn't want to go and then they called it, that's another thing. this is the people's game, it's called over reach. fk them and you.

it's called dangerous and an over reach, if people didn't want to go and then they called it, that's another thing. this is the people's game, it's called over reach. fk them and you.
It is Major league big money sports entertainment business, controlled by the league owners as the manage their private enterprise business as private enterprises see fit. Maybe you can catch a Cuban league game comrade. Try not to infect your parents or grandparents, schmuck.

From the democrat point of view they can say Trump killed baseball.

Remember when shitstain obama paid park rangers to prevent people from pulling off the highway to look at scenic views? He blamed Republicans for that. He was so strapped for cash in the government shutdown that he paid capitol police overtime to prevent old vets in wheelchairs from looking at the Vietnam Memorial.

Same thing. There is no form of living thing lower than a democrat.

It is Major league big money sports entertainment business, controlled by the league owners as the manage their private enterprise business as private enterprises see fit. Maybe you can catch a Cuban league game comrade. Try not to infect your parents or grandparents, schmuck.

You're the "comrade" ya cocksucker punk.....don't call me your nicknames.

Amazing power, the Fear of Lawsuits, huh? They are not worried about protecting anyone, just don't want anyone to get sick at one of their games then sue the league for giving it to them. Meantime, the ordinary flu is 950X more likely to kill you.

I don't follow professional baseball, I'm a Pirates fan.

You're the "comrade" ya cocksucker punk.....don't call me your nicknames.
If you have stock in one of the teams and you do not like the way it is run, write management, sell you stock or fk off. You entertainment is probably not a high priority right now kid. Leave it to the adult owners and share holders to run their businesses. don't just sit at you keyboard and throw a tantrum because you can't go to the game. They could have ignored the experts, the government, etc and listened to your pleas, but they decided based on the science and their business interests. It is the way it is done in this country. You will understand when you are older. Relax. Everything's going to be OK.

Forum List

Back