The South Is Essentially A Solid, Grim Block Of Poverty

The blackest part of America is also the poorest, what a shock. The South(though I wouldn't include Texas in that assessment) has always been poorer, regardless of what political party they voted for, how is this news?
Actually it is the blackest part. Of course that's politically incorrect and the libs will shit themselves while hollering "RACISM" but it is the truth. Just like Detroit, Philly, Cleveland, East Saint Louis....ect Oh and Chicago with their off the charts murder rate.
The same Liberals shitting themselves probably live in lilly white Vermont:lol:

The blackest part of America is also the poorest, what a shock. The South(though I wouldn't include Texas in that assessment) has always been poorer, regardless of what political party they voted for, how is this news?
Actually it is the blackest part. Of course that's politically incorrect and the libs will shit themselves while hollering "RACISM" but it is the truth. Just like Detroit, Philly, Cleveland, East Saint Louis....ect Oh and Chicago with their off the charts murder rate.
The same Liberals shitting themselves probably live in lilly white Vermont:lol:

It's the cause effect logical fallacy that is objectionable.

Yes, they are poor and stupid. They vote against their economic self-interests.

They should support even more Illegal Immigration, amiright?

I think the point is that the absolute refusal to accept any compromise on letting people who are here and in gainful employment, and the absolute refusal to recognize the fact that our immigration courts are swamped and it would take every federal court working overtime and the expansion of federal courts, prevent any positive step happening.

Yeah....sitting on my back porch overlooking the golf course.
Nothing but poverty as far as the eye can see. It's a wonder those people can afford the $100.00 green fees.
Yeah..lifes a real bitch down here in the south.:lol:

Thats the same feeling I get when people tell me there are things call "planets" in "space". All I see is some twinkles so it cant be true you know what I'm sayin?

Yep racism at it's best from this far left Obama drone

Yes, they are poor and stupid. They vote against their economic self-interests.

They should support even more Illegal Immigration, amiright?

I think the point is that the absolute refusal to accept any compromise on letting people who are here and in gainful employment, and the absolute refusal to recognize the fact that our immigration courts are swamped and it would take every federal court working overtime and the expansion of federal courts, prevent any positive step happening.

Or maybe you just can't work a President who is a Pathological Liar and refuses to follow even laws he authored

This is a real telling thread. A left winger posts charts that he doesn't understand, makes broad and misguided conclusions based on that misunderstanding, and then the other left wingers jump on the bandwagon spewing their ignorant hate for the residents of a large section of the country they claim to love.

When posters seek out reasons to hate an entire segment of society, they already have a mental problem, and that seems to fit a large share of left wing posters.

Why do these mental midgets hate the Southern states? Because they vote Republican. Grow up assholes!

Oh unlike you who laid out the reasons why the article and chart are both wrong and presented evidence to back it up. Save your righteous indignation for another thread cry baby

So this racist far left Obama drone is going to believe the far left blog site Huffington post that is a mouth piece for the administration.

Good little drone.

Ahhh here we go.

When posters seek out reasons to hate an entire segment of society, they already have a mental problem, and that seems to fit a large share of left wing posters.

Does this quote still apply? Or is it only for the white part of the south? *shrug*

And the racism of the far left is exposed!

A little insight from Texas. The poor are the stupid lazy one's,as it should be,the rest of us do just fine.
And the poor down here can afford an apartment on their own without the need of three room mates. So poor is a relative term in this case.

Let Staph say it best:

the hate goes on and on

why?

Because the racist far left will not go of their hatred which is fully on display here everyday in every thread.

It looks to me like the entire country is suffering since Obama and the liberals have screwed everything up.

They are the real "takers" and welfare queens but thats only if you listen to stuff like facts and reality

So says the racist far left Obama drone!

Is this a duplicate post? I can't tell as Kosh's post are basically the same every single time.
It appears he doesn't read posts, he just posts the same thing over and over no matter what the post he is replying to says. :lol:

A sad state of affairs in the red bible belt states.

The South Is Essentially A Solid, Grim Block Of Poverty

original.jpg

original.jpg

The Great Recession and Not-So-Great Recovery have been bad news for most Americans, but some people have suffered more than others. We call those people "Southerners."

North Carolina and a handful of other Southern U.S. states saw the biggest increases in the number of people living in what are known as "poverty areas" between 2000 and 2010, according to a new Census Bureau report. Poverty areas are places where more than 20 percent of the people live below the federal poverty line, which varies by family size. For a family of four, the poverty line in most states is an annual income of $23,850.

Today, 25.7 percent of all Americans live in such areas, up from 18.1 percent in 2000, according to the report. Having a quarter of the nation living this way is a problem: Poverty areas are typically marked by "higher crime rates, poor housing conditions, and fewer job opportunities," the report points out.

People continue to vote contrary to their best interests.

This is the ideal that conservative Republicans have created for the South and would like to replicate for the rest of the country: At will employees who are little better than American wage slaves who can be fired at any time for any reason while also having very little in the way of benefits or anything resembling a social safety net.

But that's today. Tomorrow is even scarier as Republicans see cutting education spending as a way of diverting funds for other uses, thereby assuring that the next generation will be even more lacking in basic knowledge and skills than the current one is in an increasingly competitive world.

But it's okay. Once foreign competition starts to kick our butt because they've educated their workers even as they've taken our jobs, conservatives can always blame it on their go-to villain: liberals.

Ahhh here we go.

Does this quote still apply? Or is it only for the white part of the south? *shrug*
I don't see why you are slandering the Southern poor, who proportionally speaking are black democrats?

Ahhh here we go.

I don't see why you are slandering the Southern poor, who proportionally speaking are black democrats?

And white people dont forget them.

Interesting that the areas with the lowest levels of poverty are the conservative mountain west, liberal Washington and New England, and the politically split Upper Midwest(Dakotas vs Minnesota/Wisconsin). Regardless of political affiliation, what these areas have in common is that they are overwhelmingly white.

Ahhh here we go.

proportional adjective

: having a size, number, or amount that is directly related to or appropriate for something

: having parts that are the correct or appropriate size in relation to each other

Full Definition of PROPORTIONAL

a : corresponding in size, degree, or intensity

b : having the same or a constant ratio <corresponding sides of similar triangles are proportional>

Proportional - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Poverty Rate by Race/Ethnicity | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Forum List

Back