The Sixties

In 1969, the Summer of Love, Haight-Ashbury, and the apex of the counter culture, the number one song in America was ...

... the REAL day the music died.

I have always wondered what made teenage girls lose their minds over the Beatles and other bands. One day, when my youngest daughter was 14 or so, she really got into the Beatles and still is to this day.

I called her into the living room one day and played this video of the Dave Clark Five. I watched as she actually flushed red and swooned. Even in this calloused day and age.

Weird.

The golden age of rock and roll.
No. The draft. The military police. The Gun Control Act of 1968.
And to add insult to injury, the ATF carries on as if the unconstitutional practice of establishing whole classes or categories of “prohibited persons” for the purpose of blacklisting them and revoking their rights were in line with the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Look. There's a general calling to military duty -- which goes for everyone, female as well as male -- there's no denying that, but to force people against their will to join up for a highly regimented “service” -- on the basis of sex -- and to issue weapons to people who are pressed into “the service” against their will -- is just plain stupid. As are the despotic policies of denying weapons to arbitrary categories of “prohibited persons” who will otherwise handle them responsibly.

Felons? Barring armed robbery or attempted murder, what should be the issue? Especially in this day and age when petty crimes are charged, prosecuted, and convicted as felonies without even so much due process as a grand jury indictment, let alone any considerations of cruel and unusual punishment for something so minor as a breach of etiquette or common rudeness.

Mentally ill? The wicked doctors and Nazi cops who enforce mental health as law and coerce patients into “treatment” with mind-altering substances against their will simply ought to be hanged in the gallows as the war criminals they are.
Hey, man. You're harshing my buzz.

A lot of the rock and roll of that era was in direct response to what was going on.

Forum List

Back