The Sioux are standing (again) against corrupt government overreach

The Sioux were notorious for wiping out smaller tribes, genocide was a fun hobby for them. Even after reservations came along, they still bullied the smaller tribes, like the Osage, who traded some good land for a smaller parcel of crappy land in the hopes they would be left alone if they didn't have anything the other indians wanted to steal; the crappy land turned out to be the best oil lands in OK., and they became the richest tribe per capita in the country. Serendipity at work.

I say take the.oil out of the ground, truck it to Old fags neighborhood, dig a hole, dump it in, and then lay some pipe straight.over his kitchen.

Environmentalists are big.on telling.other people how.to.manage their surroundings....I
The Sioux were notorious for wiping out smaller tribes, genocide was a fun hobby for them. Even after reservations came along, they still bullied the smaller tribes, like the Osage, who traded some good land for a smaller parcel of crappy land in the hopes they would be left alone if they didn't have anything the other indians wanted to steal; the crappy land turned out to be the best oil lands in OK., and they became the richest tribe per capita in the country. Serendipity at work.
Irrelevant. The authority over land and water belongs to the.people who own it...and the gov't has no business getting involved. Let the.private land.owners drill to their heart's content. But the water doesn't belong to them...they can find a.different.place.for their pipeline. They should have given it some thought previous to laying.pipe.

I say take the.oil out of the ground, truck it to Old fags neighborhood, dig a hole, dump it in, and then lay some pipe straight.over his kitchen.

Environmentalists are big.on telling.other people how.to.manage their surroundings....I
Irrelevant. The authority over land and water belongs to the.people who own it...and the gov't has no business getting involved. Let the.private land.owners drill to their heart's content. But the water doesn't belong to them...they can find a.different.place.for their pipeline. They should have given it some thought previous to laying.pipe.

Well, we certainly don't need any more pipelines; there are over 200,000+ miles of them already, and that oil and Canadian sludge was getting all the way to Port Aurthur, TX. just fine without a single new one, especially ones over aquifers, so I'll go with that. All the 'new' ones are for is to shave a few cents off the pipelines' costs of transport, a savings that won't get passed on to retail consumers anyway, so yeah, ban them.

All races and tribes kill and rip each other off, including indians who killed each other and enslaved captured indians from other tribes. Whitey did not invent war or slavery its a human thing. Whitey did invent lots of useful things all benefits from.EXCEPT weapons of mass destruction.
er....I have no prob with whitey. I have a big problem with feds igniring treaties and contracts regarding land use.

So do I but there is nothing we can do at this point in time to stop them. I only vent knowing we are helpless with all their resources of todays armies.
Wow yet another "if it's hard or not guaranteed I am not going to try" crowd. Thank goodness our forefathers didn't feel like that, or any of the people who have stood and often died for the rights if others down through the history of man. See I think you should stand for what is right regardless of the outcome. And there are things we can do, and are doing.

Well, we certainly don't need any more pipelines; there are over 200,000+ miles of them already, and that oil and Canadian sludge was getting all the way to Port Aurthur, TX. just fine without a single new one, especially ones over aquifers, so I'll go with that. All the 'new' ones are for is to shave a few cents off the pipelines' costs of transport, a savings that won't get passed on to retail consumers anyway, so yeah, ban them.
No, no, no. You don't protest government overreach by using them to further restrict resource management.

You let the people lay their pipeline across land whose owners welcome it. If the rivers are a problem, figure something out.

All races and tribes kill and rip each other off, including indians who killed each other and enslaved captured indians from other tribes. Whitey did not invent war or slavery its a human thing. Whitey did invent lots of useful things all benefits from.EXCEPT weapons of mass destruction.
er....I have no prob with whitey. I have a big problem with feds igniring treaties and contracts regarding land use.

So do I but there is nothing we can do at this point in time to stop them. I only vent knowing we are helpless with all their resources of todays armies.
Wow yet another "if it's hard or not guaranteed I am not going to try" crowd. Thank goodness our forefathers didn't feel like that, or any of the people who have stood and often died for the rights if others down through the history of man. See I think you should stand for what is right regardless of the outcome. And there are things we can do, and are doing.

You have being kind mixed up with being serviant. Caring is not conforming to their agendas its giving to others without losing yourself .

You have being kind mixed up with being serviant. Caring is not conforming to their agendas its giving to others without losing yourself .
I'm not even going to try to figure that out.

No, no, no. You don't protest government overreach by using them to further restrict resource management.

You let the people lay their pipeline across land whose owners welcome it. If the rivers are a problem, figure something out.

Well, we'll have to disagree; riparian rights are very much a government function, and have been before the Revolution as well as after. 'Privatizing' it never worked any better than government has, unless you think those who can hire the largest private armies get to make the rules, as was literally the case in many western states into the 20th century in some remote counties. One of the first political acts the Republic of Texas began working on was adopting the Spanish riparian laws as the state laws, and they were not even remotely 'commies' and 'statists', and they did so for good reasons.

Undeveloped in the eyes of the whites. The Native Americans considered it developed just as they liked it. Really dumb way to justify thievery.
Redefining words is an old libtard mind trick and a really dumb way to justify primitive people living in their own shit and eating each other.
Well, cocksuck, a very large overreach on your part. The Native Americans on that reservation were members of the seven nations, very civilized, more so than the whites that put them on the Trail of Tears.

That is correct. Their general attitude is that the land belongs to all. Kind of like BLM land, Forest Service land, and the National Parks and Refuges.
No, not like that at all, stupid shit.... the GOVERNMENT STILL OWNS THE LAND, fuck face.
yes, the government still owns the land. A government of the people, for the people, by the people. I have been all over BLM and Forest Service land all over the west. No permits, just traveled through where I wanted to go. Many times on two ruts with 18 inch sagebrush between the ruts. Were that land in private hands I would not be able to do that. In fact, that are vast areas of privately owned land where the hunting and fishing rights are owned by foreigners, a lot of them Saudi. I will keep the land in the hands of the BLM and Forest Service, and keep the access open for American Citizens.

Well guess what goes around comes around. Indians in Oregon stood with their government against those who were fighting [ although a very foolish way to do so ] BLM . Of course most are on welfare because their land and jobs were taken . So now they want to stand up to the same gov they sided with? So far only whites are being massacred by the feds, but it will start happening to the rest again. Who will defend you next time? Nobody is left that gives a shit anymore about their own ass much less someone elses.
Actually, "Indians" didn't. That scrub Peter Walker, a progressive douchebag from Berkeley who was transplanted at UO and who pretends he's a part of the ranching community in Eastern Oregon, dug up some reprobate Indian, and PAID him to trot around and say what he told him to.

I remind the native community, again and again, that they are on the same side as the ranchers. In fact, some of them ARE ranchers, themselves, and deal with the same garbage from our criminal, unconstitutional government agencies that everybody else does..namely harassment, theft, vandalism, assault, and contract violations.
Like hell. You are a liar, Kosher. The Piute wanted nothing to do with the felons that occupied the Malhuer Refuge. This is that same fight as was fought there. Private enterprise wanting to do as they please, and take what they please, irregardless of the consequences for those in the area.

The Refuge preserved and protected the heritage of the Native Americans, and protected the wildlife that is a part of their heritage and belief system. Those felons that occupied the Refuge stole artifacts, and generally expressed their contempt for the Native Americans.

And most of the ranchers in Harney County did not support the felons, either. In fact, when the Bundy's tried to get some of the ranchers to sign onto their nonsense, not one person signed on.
No, the refuse stacked the artifacts in an unheated building and let the rats shit and.piss all over them. The refuge agents brought in carp to the lake and then brought in explosives to.kill the carp when the carpt started decimating the young bird and native fish populations.

The Paiute were dragged in from other locales (because there are none indigenous to that area and none live there now) and.paid.to stand up before gatherings of Walkers friends and interested Chinese investors and say what Walker told them to say.
You are a liar, Kosher. The Piute have been in that area for tens of generations. My mother saw them doing their annual migration up Indian Creek over to Logan Valley when she was a little girl.

Please Contact Us

History and culture
The Burns Paiute Reservation is located north of Burns in Harney County. Today’s tribal members are primarily the descendants of the “Wadatika” band of Paiutes who roamed central and southern Oregon. The Wadatika, named for the wada seeds collected near Malheur Lake shores, lived on seeds, berries, roots and vegetation they gathered and on wild animals they hunted. Their original territory included the area from the Cascade Mountains to Boise, Idaho, and the Blue Mountains to Steens Mountain. Paiute legends say that the Paiutes have lived in this area since before the Cascade Mountains were formed, coming from the south as part of a migration throughout the Great Basin. People of the Burns Paiute Tribe were basket makers who used fibers of willow, sagebrush, tule plant and Indian hemp to weave baskets, sandals, fishing nets and traps. Archeologists have found clothing made from deer, birds and oher animal hides, and sandals made from sagebrush fibers believed to be close to 10,000 years old. The tribe continues to hunt and gather traditional foods, and do beadwork and drum-making in traditional ways

Well, cocksuck, a very large overreach on your part. The Native Americans on that reservation were members of the seven nations, very civilized, more so than the whites that put them on the Trail of Tears.
The Amerindians were the ones killing each other on the 'Trail of Tears' dumbass, not whites.

And of course it was the racist Democratic Party that did that deed as just about all racism in America.

That is correct. Their general attitude is that the land belongs to all. Kind of like BLM land, Forest Service land, and the National Parks and Refuges.
No, not like that at all, stupid shit.... the GOVERNMENT STILL OWNS THE LAND, fuck face.
yes, the government still owns the land. A government of the people, for the people, by the people. I have been all over BLM and Forest Service land all over the west. No permits, just traveled through where I wanted to go. Many times on two ruts with 18 inch sagebrush between the ruts. Were that land in private hands I would not be able to do that. In fact, that are vast areas of privately owned land where the hunting and fishing rights are owned by foreigners, a lot of them Saudi. I will keep the land in the hands of the BLM and Forest Service, and keep the access open for American Citizens.
The land there still belongs to the government, shit4brains.

Well, we'll have to disagree; riparian rights are very much a government function, and have been before the Revolution as well as after. 'Privatizing' it never worked any better than government has, unless you think those who can hire the largest private armies get to make the rules, as was literally the case in many western states into the 20th century in some remote counties. One of the first political acts the Republic of Texas began working on was adopting the Spanish riparian laws as the state laws, and they were not even remotely 'commies' and 'statists', and they did so for good reasons.
Unmitigated horse shit. They lie in order to gain control and seize resources...then they do as they please. Feds have no business meddling with land use.

The Amerindians were the ones killing each other on the 'Trail of Tears' dumbass, not whites.

And of course it was the racist Democratic Party that did that deed as just about all racism in America.
You are one fucked up liar, boy.

Trail of Tears - Native American History - HISTORY.com

The CHEROKEES of Georgia, on the other hand, used legal action to resist. The Cherokee people were by no means frontier savages. By the 1830s they developed their own written language, printed newspapers and elected leaders to representative government. When the government of Georgia refused to recognize their autonomy and threatened to seize their lands, the Cherokees took their case to the U.S. Supreme Court and won a favorable decision. John Marshall's opinion for the Court majority in Cherokee Nation v. Georgia was essentially that Georgia had no jurisdiction over the Cherokees and no claim to their lands. But Georgia officials simply ignored the decision, and President Jackson refused to enforce it. Jackson was furious and personally affronted by the Marshall ruling, stating, "Mr. Marshall has made his decision. Now let him enforce it!"

Jackson and the Court
Do you think that Jackson had the right to ignore the Supreme Court's decision in Cherokee Nation v. Georgia?

Yes

No

Finally, federal troops came to Georgia to remove the tribes forcibly. As early as 1831, the army began to push the Choctaws off their lands to march to Oklahoma. In 1835, some Cherokee leaders agreed to accept western land and payment in exchange for relocation. With this agreement, the TREATY OF NEW ECHOTA, Jackson had the green light to order Cherokee removal. Other Cherokees, under the leadership ofCHIEF JOHN ROSS, resisted until the bitter end. About 20,000 Cherokees were marched westward at gunpoint on the infamous TRAIL OF TEARS. Nearly a quarter perished on the way, with the remainder left to seek survival in a completely foreign land. The tribe became hopelessly divided as the followers of Ross murdered those who signed the Treaty of New Echota.

The Trail of Tears is the most sorrowful legacy of the Jacksonian Era.

The pipe line is in fact planned to cross private land. But the Indians have a case if they were promised some control over how the water is used, and presumably they were, in their treaties.

some time back the federal government assumed control of all water rights in the United States

that is why you see farmers getting sued by the government for tiling their fields

this is nothing new for the Native Americans they have been getting ass fucked

by the democrats as far back as Andrew Jackson

Finally, federal troops came to Georgia to remove the tribes forcibly. As early as 1831, the army began to push the Choctaws off their lands to march to Oklahoma. In 1835, some Cherokee leaders agreed to accept western land and payment in exchange for relocation. With this agreement, the TREATY OF NEW ECHOTA, Jackson had the green light to order Cherokee removal. Other Cherokees, under the leadership ofCHIEF JOHN ROSS, resisted until the bitter end. About 20,000 Cherokees were marched westward at gunpoint on the infamous TRAIL OF TEARS. Nearly a quarter perished on the way, with the remainder left to seek survival in a completely foreign land. The tribe became hopelessly divided as the followers of Ross murdered those who signed the Treaty of New Echota.

The warfare between Ross and the other Cherokee was what caused the violent deaths, idiot and it is right there in you own post.

The federalis were in such number the Amerindian Cherokee did not attempt to fight them.

The majority died of the weather and illness.

And in addition the PEACEFUL Cherokee were allowed to remain and are STILL HERE IN THE EAST, dumbass.

Another lie you libtards like to pin on Americans proud legacy.

The CHEROKEES of Georgia, on the other hand, used legal action to resist. The Cherokee people were by no means frontier savages. By the 1830s they developed their own written language, printed newspapers and elected leaders to representative government. When the government of Georgia refused to recognize their autonomy and threatened to seize their lands, the Cherokees took their case to the U.S. Supreme Court and won a favorable decision. John Marshall's opinion for the Court majority in Cherokee Nation v. Georgia was essentially that Georgia had no jurisdiction over the Cherokees and no claim to their lands. But Georgia officials simply ignored the decision, and President Jackson refused to enforce it. Jackson was furious and personally affronted by the Marshall ruling, stating, "Mr. Marshall has made his decision. Now let him enforce it!"

Jackson and the Court
Do you think that Jackson had the right to ignore the Supreme Court's decision in Cherokee Nation v. Georgia?

Yes

No

The whole liar tact is new for you. Presumably, you think that because everybody knows you are a liar, you can just spout the word yourself, and it will make you magically un-marginal.

It doesn't. You're still a liar and a fool.

BTW, Les Zaitz, who acts as a propagandist for the feds under the guise of being an Oregonian news reporter, is getting free improvements to the waterways of his DUDE RANCH ala the feds.

Funny, anybody else touches the waterways they get imprisoned.

He does a hatchet job and lies about the situation in rural Oregon, and the feds show up to improve his property for free.

My oh my working as a mole for the feds is lucrative...

Boulder Creek Ranch lodging Home - Boulder Creek Ranch
These people look like they're having fun:

cabinbedreading_1.jpg

Forum List

Back