The show must go on

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Tonite rich celebs will don their ten thousand dollar outfits and diamonds and rolex watches and parade down the carpet like some perverted old royal procession. They will eat caviar and sip the best vintage and pat each other on the back while fellow Californians suffer through hundred year flooding without power and sometimes homeless. It reminds you of the days of the Russian Czars or pre-revolution France only it's pop-royalty.

A ten thousand dollar outfit would be pretty modest for people like that.

I don't understand awards shows.

These people get paid truck loads of money just for spending a few weeks or a few months acting. They fly allover the world. Are famous. They are constantly catered to. Have all the luxuries a person could want. Have billions of people listen to them and so on. But we need to give them a special night on tv so they can dress up and get awards at a lavish party on top of it?

Cops, firemen, construction workers, garbage men and so on are the ones who deserve a award because they keep our country going and don't get paid shit nor get any attention.

Actors just play make believe and get more money than most will ever earn in the their life because they played a part for 4 months. They don't deserve any award for that.

Why must the show go on?

Because there is money to be made. That is the only reason awards shows exist, advertising dollars. If people couldn't get rich off the advertising dollars awards shows wouldn't happen.

A 30 second spot costs 1.6 million dollars.

Even celebrities only show up for money. If they couldn't get their face on tv, promote their current movie, and stay in the public spotlight they wouldn't show up. The chance of winning an award also means more future projects for them.

I'd sort of like to see if All Quiet on the Western Front wins but I don't think I could put up with the woke that long.

Oh and whatever you do don't play a drinking game by taking a shot every time there's a white person in a commercial.....You will be bored and stone sober. ;)

I swear I actually saw a all black John Deere tractor commercial yesterday. The wife and I just looked at each other and laughed.

Forum List

Back