The Seven Deadly Sins

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2010
North Coast, USA
It is said that the wages of sin is death.

From that I have deduced that sins are human behaviors that can cause death. And I've started this thread to discuss the various ways that the seven deadly sins can kill people.

Number 1 is "Gluttony", so I'll start there.

One reason that gluttony can cause your death is that it can cause you to become obese, therefore causing various very serious medical health conditions that all lead to a premature death.

And I think drinking to excess would fall under the category of gluttony, not just by an ethanol overdose, bur also by the long-term more insidious effects it can have on the human bodies internal organs. They do not call it "rot gut" for nothing.

Whether you are an atheist like me, or an agnostic or a deeply religious person, feel free to add your own thoughts on the matter.

Yes I believe in the 7 deadly sins, which is why the RC lists seven corresponding virtues for us.

There is only 1 deadly sin...Pride.

Now you know why Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism.

Pride. Envy. Wrath, Gluttony and Lust. Sloth and Greed.
Without Pride the others don't exist.
To be more precise, those who know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, do not engage in those sins. And since pride is the reason anyone rejects Christ, you could make the case that pride is the cause of such sinful behavior.

To be more precise, those who know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, do not engage in those sins. And since pride is the reason anyone rejects Christ, you could make the case that pride is the cause of such sinful behavior.
That's why God states near the end of the Torah that Moshe was the most humble man who ever walked the earth.
You see, there's NOTHING original in TNT.

That's why God states near the end of the Torah that Moshe was the most humble man who ever walked the earth.

Baloney, one can be shameful about being a glutton, sexual pervert, have fits of rage for no apparent reason, lust after young girls, be greedy , and yet not be prideful of any of it. At best they hide it for being ashamed of people finding out, they don't boast about it.

Now Trump has a problem with pride, greed, lust, rage, but he is proud of it all.

Baloney, one can be shameful about being a glutton, sexual pervert, have fits of rage for no apparent reason, lust after young girls, be greedy , and yet not be prideful of any of it. At best they hide it for being ashamed of people finding out, they don't boast about it.

Now Trump has a problem with pride, greed, lust, rage, but he is proud of it all.

You are misinterpreting pride.
Pride is NOT pumping one's chest in public.
Pride is believing you are more important than anything or anyone else and that leads to egocentric excess.

I saw this documentary about the Seven Deadly Sins. Gwyneth Paltrow's head gets cut off at the end.

Forum List

Back