The selection of candidates

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Frankly I'm surprised that Herschel Walker even made it to a runoff. Raphael Warnock is one of the worst politicians I've ever seen inasmuch as he is a complete political party tool and does little to no independent thinking.It should have been very easy to defeat him. The only possible way to sabotage that effort would be to select an utterly horrendous candidate to oppose him which is exactly what the Republicans did.

From the outset it was pretty obvious that Walker was in over his head. The expose on some of his scattered DNA, although it was mean spirited was certainly fair game for someone who was seeking public office. It would also appear that he was caught in a few lies about the situation.
He may even have won the election if it wasn't for that. Truly there had to be at least a dozen good alternatives to this candidate before wasting an entire election cycle on him.

Jo

Last edited:
Even great players fail on 4th and 1 at times. ;)

But pitting a slick race baiting shyster against a dullard is what GA politics has devolved to.....At least ol gap tooth lost.

How much do you want to bet Abrams schleps into a negro district congressional seat next?

Frankly I'm surprised that Herschel Walker even made it to a runoff. Raphael Warnock is one of the worst politicians I've ever seen inasmuch as he is a complete political party tool and does little to no independent thinking.It should have been very easy to beat him. The only possible way to sabotage that effort would be to select an utterly horrendous candidate to oppose him which is exactly what the Republicans did.

From the outset it was pretty obvious that Walker was in over his head. The expose on some of his scattered DNA, although it was mean spirited was certainly fair game for someone who was seeking public office. It would also appear that he was caught in a few lies about the situation.
He may even have won the election if it wasn't for that. Truly there had to be at least a dozen good alternatives to this candidate before wasting an entire election cycle on him.

Jo

GMAB with the republicans need to have the perfect candidate in order to bet liberal wingnuts. Walker lost because he got no support from the RNC/GOP and Kemp only started campaigning for him in the last week or so.

As the Lt. Governor openly stated he did not vote for Walker and didn't think Warner should win.

They did this to their own candidates repeatedly in 2022. It is the RINO attempt at killing off MAGA as they killed off the Tea Party (the same guy in the Senate at work, Bitch McConnell).

GMAB with the republicans need to have the perfect candidate in order to bet liberal wingnuts. Walker lost because he got no support from the RNC/GOP and Kemp only started campaigning for him in the last week or so.
I'm not sure who Georgia has available that would fit the bill.
I am sure there's no such thing as a perfect candidate so I get where you're coming from.

Having said that let's remember that Georgia is still in the Bible belt and before you're going to select a candidate to run for that kind of vote it would be wise to examine the details of his past even the hidden ones if they are available. I was convinced that Walker would win until the scandal about his illegitimate child or children was revealed. I don't think it swung anymore votes to Warnock... But I do think it deprived Walker of some of the votes he would otherwise have gotten. The moment I heard about it I realized it was over.

Jo

Forum List

Back