The Secret Doctrine

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
Here's just a few chapters from volume two to start....Madam Blavatsky wrote this over one hundred years ago. It took me three years to read it. So to save you some time, I just put these to give you some idea of the magnitude of her vast knowledge.
STANZA IV. — CREATION OF THE FIRST RACES ... 86

STANZA V. — THE EVOLUTION OF THE SECOND RACE ... 109

STANZA VI. — THE EVOLUTION OF THE SWEAT-BORN ... 131

STANZA VII. — FROM THE SEMI-DIVINE DOWN TO THE FIRST HUMAN RACES ... 161

STANZA IX. — THE FINAL EVOLUTION OF MAN ... 191

EDENS, SERPENTS AND DRAGONS ... 202

THE SONS OF GOD AND THE SACRED ISLAND ... 220

STANZA X. — THE HISTORY OF THE FOURTH RACE ... 227

ARCHAIC TEACHINGS IN THE PURANAS AND GENESIS ... 251

THE RACES WITH THE “THIRD EYE” ... 289

STANZA XI. — THE CIVILIZATION AND DESTRUCTION OF THE FOURTH AND FIFTH RACES ... 316

CYCLOPEAN RUINS AND COLOSSAL STONES AS WITNESSES TO GIANTS ... 341

STANZA XII. — THE FIFTH RACE AND ITS DIVINE INSTRUCTORS ... 351

ESOTERIC TENETS CORROBORATED IN EVERY SCRIPTURE ... 449

§ XVI. ADAM-ADAMI ... 452

XVII. THE “HOLY OF HOLIES”: ITS DEGRADATION ... 459

XVIII. ON THE MYTH OF THE “FALLEN ANGEL,” IN ITS VARIOUS ASPECTS ... 475

(continued in) The many meanings of the “War in Heaven” ... 492

XIX. IS PLEROMA SATAN’S LAIR? ... 506

XX. PROMETHEUS THE TITAN ... 519

XXI. ENOICHION-HENOCH ... 529

XXII. THE SYMBOLISM OF THE MYSTERY NAMES IAO, AND JEHOVAH ... 536

XXIII. THE UPANISHADS IN GNOSTIC LITERATURE ... 563

I. ARCHAIC, OR MODERN ANTHROPOLOGY? ... 645

II. THE ANCESTORS MANKIND IS OFFERED BY SCIENCE ... 656

III. THE FOSSIL RELICS OF MAN AND THE ANTHROPOID APE ... 675

IV. DURATION OF THE GEOLOGICAL PERIODS, RACE CYCLES, AND THE ANTIQUITY OF MAN ... 690

(continued in) (c) Esoteric Geological Chronology ... 709

The Secret Doctrine by H. P. Blavatsky

Click on the Secret Doctrine at the bottom if you want to read any of the chapters.

Vol. 2, Page 222 THE SECRET DOCTRINE.

a dynasty of Spirit-Kings, not of Manes, or “ghosts,” as some believe (See “Pneumatologie”), but of actual living Devas (or demi-gods or Angels, again) who had assumed bodies to rule over them, and who, in their turn, instructed them in arts and sciences. Only, as they were rupa or material Spirits, these Dhyanis were not always good. Their King Thevetata was one of the latter, and it is under the evil influence of this King-Demon that . . . . the Atlantis-race became a nation of wicked magicians.

“In consequence of this, war was declared, the story of which would be too long to narrate; its substance may be found in the disfigured allegories of the race of Cain, the giants, and that of Noah and his righteous family. The conflict came to an end by the submersion of the Atlantis, which finds its imitation in the stories of the Babylonian and Mosaic flood. The giants and magicians ‘. . . and all flesh died . . . and every man.’ All except Xisuthrus and Noah, who are substantially identical with the great Father of the Thlinkithians in the Popol-Vuh, or the sacred book of the Guatemaleans, which also tells of his escaping in a large boat like the Hindu Noah — Vaivasvata.

“If we believe the tradition at all, we have to credit the further story that, from the intermarrying of the progeny of the hierophants of the island and the descendants of the Atlantean Noah, sprang up a mixed race of righteous and wicked. On the one side the world had its Enochs, Moseses, various Buddhas, its numerous ‘Saviours,’ and great hierophants; on the other hand, its ‘natural magicians’ who, through lack of the restraining power of proper spiritual enlightenment, . . . perverted their gifts to evil purposes. . . .”

We may supplement this by the testimony of some records and traditions. In the “Histoire des Vierges: Les Peuples et les Continents Disparus,” the author says: —

“One of the most ancient legends of India, preserved in the temples by oral and written tradition, relates that several hundred thousand years ago there existed in the Pacific Ocean an immense continent which was destroyed by geological upheaval, and the fragments of which must be sought in Madagascar, Ceylon, Sumatra, Java, Borneo, and the principal isles of Polynesia.”

“The high plateaux of Hindustan and Asia, according to this hypothesis, would only have been represented in those distant epochs by great islands contiguous to the central continent. . . . . According to the Brahmans, this country had attained a high civilization, and the peninsula of Hindustan, enlarged by the displacement of the waters, at the time of the grand cataclysm, has but continued the chain of the primitive traditions born in this place. These traditions give the name of Rutas to the peoples which inhabited this immense equinoctial continent, and from their speech was derived the Sanscrit . . . . . And the Indo-Hellenic tradition, preserved by the most intelligent population which emigrated from the plains of India, equally relates the existence of a continent and a people to which it gives the name of Atlantis and Atlantides, and which it locates in the Atlantic in the northern portion of the Tropics.”

Here's just a few chapters from volume two to start....Madam Blavatsky wrote this over one hundred years ago. It took me three years to read it. So to save you some time, I just put these to give you some idea of the magnitude of her vast knowledge.
STANZA IV. — CREATION OF THE FIRST RACES ... 86

STANZA V. — THE EVOLUTION OF THE SECOND RACE ... 109

STANZA VI. — THE EVOLUTION OF THE SWEAT-BORN ... 131

STANZA VII. — FROM THE SEMI-DIVINE DOWN TO THE FIRST HUMAN RACES ... 161

STANZA IX. — THE FINAL EVOLUTION OF MAN ... 191

EDENS, SERPENTS AND DRAGONS ... 202

THE SONS OF GOD AND THE SACRED ISLAND ... 220

STANZA X. — THE HISTORY OF THE FOURTH RACE ... 227

ARCHAIC TEACHINGS IN THE PURANAS AND GENESIS ... 251

THE RACES WITH THE “THIRD EYE” ... 289

STANZA XI. — THE CIVILIZATION AND DESTRUCTION OF THE FOURTH AND FIFTH RACES ... 316

CYCLOPEAN RUINS AND COLOSSAL STONES AS WITNESSES TO GIANTS ... 341

STANZA XII. — THE FIFTH RACE AND ITS DIVINE INSTRUCTORS ... 351

ESOTERIC TENETS CORROBORATED IN EVERY SCRIPTURE ... 449

§ XVI. ADAM-ADAMI ... 452

XVII. THE “HOLY OF HOLIES”: ITS DEGRADATION ... 459

XVIII. ON THE MYTH OF THE “FALLEN ANGEL,” IN ITS VARIOUS ASPECTS ... 475

(continued in) The many meanings of the “War in Heaven” ... 492

XIX. IS PLEROMA SATAN’S LAIR? ... 506

XX. PROMETHEUS THE TITAN ... 519

XXI. ENOICHION-HENOCH ... 529

XXII. THE SYMBOLISM OF THE MYSTERY NAMES IAO, AND JEHOVAH ... 536

XXIII. THE UPANISHADS IN GNOSTIC LITERATURE ... 563

I. ARCHAIC, OR MODERN ANTHROPOLOGY? ... 645

II. THE ANCESTORS MANKIND IS OFFERED BY SCIENCE ... 656

III. THE FOSSIL RELICS OF MAN AND THE ANTHROPOID APE ... 675

IV. DURATION OF THE GEOLOGICAL PERIODS, RACE CYCLES, AND THE ANTIQUITY OF MAN ... 690

(continued in) (c) Esoteric Geological Chronology ... 709

The Secret Doctrine by H. P. Blavatsky

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

Vol. 2, Page 222 THE SECRET DOCTRINE.

a dynasty of Spirit-Kings, not of Manes, or “ghosts,” as some believe (See “Pneumatologie”), but of actual living Devas (or demi-gods or Angels, again) who had assumed bodies to rule over them, and who, in their turn, instructed them in arts and sciences. Only, as they were rupa or material Spirits, these Dhyanis were not always good. Their King Thevetata was one of the latter, and it is under the evil influence of this King-Demon that . . . . the Atlantis-race became a nation of wicked magicians.

“In consequence of this, war was declared, the story of which would be too long to narrate; its substance may be found in the disfigured allegories of the race of Cain, the giants, and that of Noah and his righteous family. The conflict came to an end by the submersion of the Atlantis, which finds its imitation in the stories of the Babylonian and Mosaic flood. The giants and magicians ‘. . . and all flesh died . . . and every man.’ All except Xisuthrus and Noah, who are substantially identical with the great Father of the Thlinkithians in the Popol-Vuh, or the sacred book of the Guatemaleans, which also tells of his escaping in a large boat like the Hindu Noah — Vaivasvata.

“If we believe the tradition at all, we have to credit the further story that, from the intermarrying of the progeny of the hierophants of the island and the descendants of the Atlantean Noah, sprang up a mixed race of righteous and wicked. On the one side the world had its Enochs, Moseses, various Buddhas, its numerous ‘Saviours,’ and great hierophants; on the other hand, its ‘natural magicians’ who, through lack of the restraining power of proper spiritual enlightenment, . . . perverted their gifts to evil purposes. . . .”

We may supplement this by the testimony of some records and traditions. In the “Histoire des Vierges: Les Peuples et les Continents Disparus,” the author says: —

“One of the most ancient legends of India, preserved in the temples by oral and written tradition, relates that several hundred thousand years ago there existed in the Pacific Ocean an immense continent which was destroyed by geological upheaval, and the fragments of which must be sought in Madagascar, Ceylon, Sumatra, Java, Borneo, and the principal isles of Polynesia.”

“The high plateaux of Hindustan and Asia, according to this hypothesis, would only have been represented in those distant epochs by great islands contiguous to the central continent. . . . . According to the Brahmans, this country had attained a high civilization, and the peninsula of Hindustan, enlarged by the displacement of the waters, at the time of the grand cataclysm, has but continued the chain of the primitive traditions born in this place. These traditions give the name of Rutas to the peoples which inhabited this immense equinoctial continent, and from their speech was derived the Sanscrit . . . . . And the Indo-Hellenic tradition, preserved by the most intelligent population which emigrated from the plains of India, equally relates the existence of a continent and a people to which it gives the name of Atlantis and Atlantides, and which it locates in the Atlantic in the northern portion of the Tropics.”

It's impossible to get the Truth from various writings from different cultures. This is how the religious Romans wrote their new testament that has confused Christians ever since antichrists stole the words from the true saints and used them for their own benefit to control others and make a living off of their monetary support.

I own the biography "Madame Blavatsky: The Woman Behind The Myth" by Marion Meade.

I might read it someday ... who knows when... it seems interesting.....I have some many other books to be read first. :)

It's impossible to get the Truth from various writings from different cultures.
What is impossible for you is possible for those willing to cast off dogma and seek the truth. That's why God made different cultures. When the blind try to lead the blind, both fall in the pit.

What is impossible for you is possible for those willing to cast off dogma and seek the truth. That's why God made different cultures. When the blind try to lead the blind, both fall in the pit.

You don't understand any of God's prophecies, do you? This one is a simple one for us saints who have the hidden knowledge to know what will happen to this world soon.

Amos 8
11: "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12: They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.

Good luck in finding the Truth you sinful unbeliever.

You don't understand any of God's prophecies, do you? This one is a simple one for us saints who have the hidden knowledge to know what will happen to this world soon.

Amos 8

Good luck in finding the Truth you sinful unbeliever.

God doesn't prophecy, men do. Do you really believe you're a saint, or are you trying to make others believe it? I think it's evident that you are a fake. Real saints don't brag about being one. You continue to judge me with ignorance, at the peril of your soul.

Here's something out of your own bible that you should consider......

"There are many that will come to me on the last day and say, "Didn't I prophecy in your name, and didn't I case out demons in your name?", and I will tell them, I know you not, you are workers of iniquity."-Jesus

There is a big difference in having faith in your "beliefs", and having faith in the truth. My faith is in the truth.

Forum List

Back