The Right's Toxic Spill threatens Republicans

What? The right's insane pro-BP stance as advanced by the likes of Rush Limbaugh (and most of the lesser Limbaugh's in the rightwing media) Joe Barton, Michelle Bachmann,

that toxic spill.

CBS poll just out:

"Please tell me whether you approve or disapprove of each of the following actions by the federal government. . . ."

"Creating a fund of billions of dollars to compensate workers and businesses that have been affected by the oil spill that would be paid by BP but administered by a neutral party"

Approve: 82%

Disapprove: 18%

Energy

Dang! For all of the crazy out of the mainstream contrary to real America kooky positions you've seen the rightwing herd get on board,

when have you EVER seen one more unpopular than that?

Gracias, el Rushbo!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gP3OG8oPmE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - "How Republicans Would Govern"[/ame]

Definitely not the cakewalk quite a few cons on here were predicting not too long ago.

Last edited:
Obama thinks he can run the clock down with his side up by continuing to do nothing about the leak except to blame it on Bush and Barton.

This is not a winning strategy but one I hope Dems will wholeheartedly embrace.

Crusader Frank, can you link us to anything Bush 1 did for the valdez disaster? Better yet, a link to anyone critising him for not saying or doing anything. ?

I saw a clip of him mentioning the word valdez but he was just saying he will deep drill for more oil....thats it.

Help me out dude. I gave up.

Sorry, I was researching Teddy Roosevelt's pathetic response to the San Fran Quake in '06. Where was FEMA? Why didn't he used the Internet?

Bush I? Valdez?

The good news is that you're a 1.2-1 favorite in the upcoming a "Biggest Fucking Retard on USMB" Contest

Could you show us how the Internet is used to clean up an oil spill? Is it highly absorbent?

BTW - A federal judge has BLOCKED Obama's fraudulently conceived ban on deep-water drilling stating that " it seems to assume that because one rig failed, all companies and rigs doing deepwater drilling pose an imminent danger. "

HA HA HA HA HA HA ...... Now maybe 40,000+ people won't lose their jobs.

Hey Soggy No Load..............the drilling was stopped because they've DEMONSTRATED that the safety technology to drill at that depth is way ahead of the safety technology.

Until tests can be done to show they can handle it SAFELY, no deep water drilling.

Besides you stupid redhead fat bitch, do you know how much pressure is at those depths? I do.

They are EXTREMELY hard on machinery.
Guess there's no other choice but to fund those people who want to kill us, since it's not possible to drill inland or in shallow water.

Complete and total lie. I was at the Bakan oil fields last year, offered a job there.

And the last big blowout took ten months to control, it was in 150 feet of water.

The Blowout Preventors have a 40% record of failure in the past. But they are still using them. Seems to me, until they have something with a better showing than that, no further drilling should be allowed.

Hey Soggy No Load..............the drilling was stopped because they've DEMONSTRATED that the safety technology to drill at that depth is way ahead of the safety technology.

Until tests can be done to show they can handle it SAFELY, no deep water drilling.

Besides you stupid redhead fat bitch, do you know how much pressure is at those depths? I do.

They are EXTREMELY hard on machinery.
Guess there's no other choice but to fund those people who want to kill us, since it's not possible to drill inland or in shallow water.

Complete and total lie. I was at the Bakan oil fields last year, offered a job there.

And the last big blowout took ten months to control, it was in 150 feet of water.

The Blowout Preventors have a 40% record of failure in the past. But they are still using them. Seems to me, until they have something with a better showing than that, no further drilling should be allowed.

Unfortunately, the drilling technology is 50 years ahead of the spill clean up technology.

We should stop drilling offshore until the clean up technology catches up.

Its fascinating..........this whole notion of the federal government forcing compensation by decree without any due process of law.........and the utter level of naive on the part of those with liberal views.

Makes me think about a long line of cows being led to slaughter in a slaughterhouse. Imagine for a moment.........the cow about 2 mintues from being hacked into 1,000 pieces watches his buddy turned into head cheeseand utters to the next in line, "Cool..........this is the line we want to be on s0n!!!"

I see none of the libs citing where in the constitution, Obama is given the authority to demand money from a private company. Once again the constitution is ignored by this joke of a president and the left approves.

Its fascinating..........this whole notion of the federal government forcing compensation by decree without any due process of law.........and the utter level of naive on the part of those with liberal views.

Makes me think about a long line of cows being led to slaughter in a slaughterhouse. Imagine for a moment.........the cow about 2 mintues from being hacked into 1,000 pieces watches his buddy turned into head cheeseand utters to the next in line, "Cool..........this is the line we want to be on s0n!!!"

I see none of the libs citing where in the constitution, Obama is given the authority to demand money from a private company. Once again the constitution is ignored by this joke of a president and the left approves.

Maybe you can show how you know just what said in the meeting.

There is 20 billion going into an acct that the govt is running. It doesn't take a leap of logic to believe that was not BP's plan. More to the point, where did I state I had any knowledge of what was said in the meeting? Regardless, while you are attempting to twist my statement, your reply still does not answer my question.

Where would the Left be without lying about every topic 24/7?

Standing up for the rule of law and 230 year history of jurisprudence and taking a stand against an unconstitutional power grab from an anti-American Fascist President is "Pro-BP"

Standing up for the rule of law and 230 year history of jurisprudence and taking a stand against an unconstitutional power grab from an anti-American Fascist President is "Pro-BP"

Or maybe you're just standing up for BP's and other big companies' right to skirt the rule of law because of some missplaced ideal drilled into your head by various coporate mouthpieces in the media.

Just a thought....

There is 20 billion going into an acct that the govt is running. It doesn't take a leap of logic to believe that was not BP's plan. More to the point, where did I state I had any knowledge of what was said in the meeting? Regardless, while you are attempting to twist my statement, your reply still does not answer my question.

So you admit you don't know what was said in this meeting and what ultimately had BP agreeing to the escrow. Thank you.

Personally I hope BP goes BKO over this whole thing, not because I want to see people with legitimate claims get snowballed, but because I'd love to see the small chance that Dems might take the hit to their campaign dollars. And as far as all of this hypothetical hearsay about what might be happening if the Repubs were in charge or what repubs have done in the past in regards to natural disasters, it's just your typicall distraction from the here and now. Obama is just adding his name to the long list of presidential failures. Of which Repubs are not immune. But if BP does go BKO. I'm sure this congress and admin will give them as big of a parachute as possible. There are way too many former BPers on this admin's payroll,and too much BP support for the dems crap and tax bill for them to go down hard.

I thought foreigners didn't have constitutional rights. Are all the people who insisted that over and over taking that back?

lol

I thought foreigners didn't have constitutional rights. Are all the people who insisted that over and over taking that back?

lol

Who insisted on that? Foreigners have all the rights of Americans less the right to vote.

Or maybe you're just standing up for BP's and other big companies' right to skirt the rule of law because of some missplaced ideal drilled into your head by various coporate mouthpieces in the media.

Just a thought....

The only skirting here is how Obama skirted the Constitution and you in your hula dress cheering him on

The funniest part of your post was "Just a thought...." Yeah, right. That'll be the day

lol

Who insisted on that? Foreigners have all the rights of Americans less the right to vote.

Oh right, I never heard a wingnut claim that during the terrorism/Gitmo/torture discussions.

I must have dreamed it.

lol

Oh right, I never heard a wingnut claim that during the terrorism/Gitmo/torture discussions.

I must have dreamed it.
Oh, you're talking about enemy combatants, not just Jose Foreigner visiting here or here on a visa or green card.
My mistake. I thought you were genuinely interested in an answer rather than scoring points in your typical sophomoric half assed way.

Forum List

Back