The REAL Intention of the EV Car Finally Revealed

... and before anyone even decides whether they want them ...

Mattel has been producing little-girl-sized EVs for decades ... extremely popular among the Barbie-doll crowd ... alas, I've nothing but sons ...

Anyway ... folks on The West Coast have been wanting EVs since the Summer of 1967 ... where'ya been? ...

Ford has just announced that they have developed technology for EVs ....

They put these "black-boxes" in all their cars, as do all car manufacturers ... and they're lobbying to get laws passes allowing them to use all the features ... speeding tickets in the mail, your car ratted you out, ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Ride a bicycle ... avoid government intrusion ...

They put these "black-boxes" in all their cars, as do all car manufacturers ... and they're lobbying to get laws passes allowing them to use all the features ... speeding tickets in the mail, your car ratted you out

Yeah well, the black boxes have only been around for about 20 years and they simply record info after the fact, they don't transmit anything and the car certainly doesn't receive control instructions from elsewhere.

Ford has just announced that they have developed technology for EVs so that if you don't make your car payments, the car will automatically repossess itself and drive away! Now why would Ford invest in such a thing? Who else other than the government and industry would WANT such a feature?!
Make your payments and you'll be fine.

Not in either one of my cars. If you have a black box in a car of yours sending and receriving control data over your car, then YOU BOUGHT IT. I don't buy that shit.

Then you must be driving old rigs ... not that I blame you ... anything with a any CPU will have these capabilities, embedded in the chip itself ... the Chinese make thee chips, so of course they have surveillance in mind ...

The police want this, so Republicans are making it happen ...

It would not be hard to put a tracking device in a car at the dealership. So the car would be easier to repo if you stopped paying for it. This is just using the technology to save the repo-man a trip.
Every car that has the company version of ONSTAR or any other emergency assistance communications link already tracks you. Every vehicle built since 2009 has a GPS locatable transponder. All you need is the properly coded transmitted ping from a cell tower array.

That same array ping can receive commands to go into limp mode slowing the vehicle down and then ultimately shutting off fuel flow to the engine. They have been playing with this for years but safety concerns over control of steering have held them back.

We even played with a handheld signal generator back in 2012 which could trigger rear parking assist sensors on all cars and send the car into limp mode and then ultimately shut down the system. Its beam was too wide and killed everything in 500 feet, including the police cruiser. The cell tower ping is much more selective.

Yeah well, the black boxes have only been around for about 20 years and they simply record info after the fact, they don't transmit anything and the car certainly doesn't receive control instructions from elsewhere.
Sorry to correct you, however the cell links have been active since about 2009 and in some case 2004 like On Star. The PLL controller in your vehicle has been accessible to these from day one. They can see everything your car is doing remotely. They placed a hacking block on the active functions of the PLL that control breaking and engine control. But rest assured that the manufacture has the key. They have shut down programs for theft and high-speed chases. We played with some of this tech when I was Sgt for a major police agency long ago...

Then you must be driving old rigs ...

Old is not that bad. Power everything, leather interior, every conceivable creature comfort. Here is a picture of my "old" car taken just a few years ago (still looks the same):

P4101943.JPG

And the engine of my even older PU truck a few years ago as well with the rad out during installation of a new water pump.

P1010004.JPG

Sorry to correct you, however the cell links have been active since about 2009 and in some case 2004 like On Star. The PLL controller in your vehicle has been accessible to these from day one. They can see everything your car is doing remotely. They placed a hacking block on the active functions of the PLL that control breaking and engine control. But rest assured that the manufacture has the key. They have shut down programs for theft and high-speed chases. We played with some of this tech when I was Sgt for a major police agency long ago...

I was speaking of the original black boxes. On Star and things like that are items that the owner has voluntarily chosen to adopt in his car, and of course, God only knows what they continue to add to new cars. My vehicles have no such devices nor controls. No cellular link ups, no one can control or monitor my cars but me.

I was speaking of the original black boxes. On Star and things like that are items that the owner has voluntarily chosen to adopt in his car, and of course, God only knows what they continue to add to new cars. My vehicles have no such devices nor controls. No cellular link ups, no one can control or monitor my cars but me.
These are integrated into the PLL controller whether or not you use them or ordered them. The manufacture has the device MAC addresses and can turn them on or off at will. I think if you look closer you will find what I say is correct.

Now on the older cars this is not a problem... No pll control unit.

Now on the older cars this is not a problem...

Exactly. Why do you think my "new" car was released 6 months before they started adding this crap to that model car? And believe me, there is a way to defeat any technology, especially RF technology if you have the info to do so. I don't even use a cellphone for that reason. I literally got out of a rather lucrative career as an electronic designer because I was being pressured in the 1990s to begin adding chips which collected user data for no good reason that had nothing to do with the actual function or features of the device.

Yes but tracking is just the tip of the iceberg. Believe it or not, they are already tracking or able to track most anyone, if not from the GPS in your phone, they have cameras set up everywhere, on roads, buildings, bridges which can read your license plate.
Go into your phone's settings and turn off all GPS settings.

Or you can leave it at home when you go out. But can we separate ourselves from this device?

It would not be hard to put a tracking device in a car at the dealership. So the car would be easier to repo if you stopped paying for it. This is just using the technology to save the repo-man a trip.
A friend of ours has her car refuse to start if she misses a payment, so yup.

Go into your phone's settings and turn off all GPS settings.
Or you can leave it at home when you go out. But can we separate ourselves from this device?

What phone? I just said above that I quite carrying a cellphone a long long time ago after my first flip phone died one year after getting it with hardly any use.

What phone? I just said above that I quite carrying a cellphone a long long time ago after my first flip phone died one year after getting it with hardly any use.
You know, the one you mentioned here.
Yes but tracking is just the tip of the iceberg. Believe it or not, they are already tracking or able to track most anyone, if not from the GPS in your phone, they have cameras set up everywhere, on roads, buildings, bridges which can read your license plate.
Did you not understand my statement that was in response to the above?

All I was suggesting was to turn off the GPS off from Google, maps and the phone itself.

You know, the one you mentioned here.
Did you not understand my statement that was in response to the above?
I said nothing about ME owning a cellphone, I was speaking generically.

All I was suggesting was to turn off the GPS off from Google, maps and the phone itself.
That only disables the consumer apps you download, that would not affect the government snooping through some backdoor.

I said nothing about ME owning a cellphone, I was speaking generically.
I thought I was generally speaking, did you perceive it as being specifically for you to action it? :no_text11:
That only disables the consumer apps you download, that would not affect the government snooping through some backdoor.
How would know this if you don't own a mobile phone, from articles?

Forum List

Back