Zone1 The Pursuit of “Equity” has morphed into a war on smart, high achievers

Lisa,

I'm so-o-o glad you started a thread on this topic. It is the absolute core of important (and dangerous) changes being forced on our education, business, and political systems today.

In politics this "equity" bullshit can be seen in Biden's decision to appoint ONLY a black woman to our USSC. He totally ignored 94% of our population in order to install a black woman to the Supreme Court. I'm still pissed off about it. I call her Affirmative Action Jackson.

Biden has filled loads of jobs in his administration in this same, disgusting way.

For some strange reason, a huge number of people are unable to understand the difference between "equality" and "equity." Imo, the misunderstanding is often intentional.

The way this is being applied in education and in the workplace already has us on a fast track to shithole status.

I hope the Asians mentioned in your OP can sue the pants off the racist dumbasses in that entire "racist" school system. It would be great to see a load of the "decision-makers" get fired.
You benefitted from white male preference your entire life. Nothing you say has any merrit. And lisas dumb --- is talking about racism against Asians when Asians are the largest number of minorities admitted to Harvard.

You benefitted from white male preference your entire life. Nothing you say has any merrit. And lisas dumb --- is talking about racism against Asians when Asians are the largest number of minorities admitted to Harvard.
That’s because Asians are the smartest, most motivated students. Duh.

Nit picking -- there is nothing wrong with equity as an aim or goal because it refers to fairness and impartiality .
Equity most certainly does not refer to FAIRNESS AND IMPARTIALITY. It means as you know just the opposite.

Do you want to get on a plane knowing the pilot got his/her training for equity reasons or because he was the best? Same thing when you're being rolled into surgery. Do you want the best surgeon and nurses or the ones who got into medical school for reasons of equity?

Forum List

Back