CDZ The purpose of a business?

Let me clarify. I am asking what the purpose of the business should be when it is created. Not what is intrinsically the purpose of a business, since a business is a social construct and cannot have purpose.

A business that does not run at a profit while satisfying a need of the market will fail

Any business that exists merely to pay employees will fail

Of course a business should make a profit, but it should do so in order to make its workers as wealthy as possible. We work to provide our livelihood, therefore a business should exist to provide a livelihood for all of its participants.

Right now many businesses exist in order to make a small group of individuals rich, so your argument sort of falls flat.

Your beliefs are why they have no food and toilet paper in Venezuela.....

A business should be exactly what the person who opened it believes it should be pursuing the thing he started the business to pursue.....and in his success he will bring success to others........your argument has nothing to support it...except for famine and diminished lives of human beings...

What do you believe the purpose of a business should be? And don't say to make money.

I believe the purpose of a business is to create a livelihood for its workers and provide for the community. Not to make a small group of founders and shareholders rich.

Wow just wow....

The only purpose for a bussiness is to make money, thats it Mr. Delusional

*sigh* The trolls are out in full this time of year.

*sigh* The trolls are out in full this time of year.

It isn't trolling...this is telling you the truth......you see businesses as a community project...and what you end up with is Venezuela...the government should be there to make sure everyone is following the law, and that the the Rights of people are protected....and that is it.

It isn't trolling...this is telling you the truth......you see businesses as a community project...and what you end up with is Venezuela...the government should be there to make sure everyone is following the law, and that the the Rights of people are protected....and that is it.

So you believe businesses should not provide a livelihood for its workers? I suppose they should work for free, since businesses only exist to make money, right?

Again, making money for the sake of making money is an idiotic answer that demonstrates no critical thinking. Period.

What do you believe the purpose of a business should be? And don't say to make money.

I believe the purpose of a business is to create a livelihood for its workers and provide for the community. Not to make a small group of founders and shareholders rich.
No those are by products. The purpose of a business is to sell a product or service at a price the consumer deems worthy. They just so happen to need good employees to help them accomplish this goal. It is up to every individual person to provide a livelyhood for themselves. They accomplish this by either being a good employee to a business, or by providing a product or service to a consumer at a price the consumer deems worthy.

No those are by products. The purpose of a business is to sell a product or service at a price the consumer deems worthy.

I don't believe value should be determined by the consumer, but I wont get into that.

So you believe businesses should not provide a livelihood for its workers? I suppose they should work for free, since businesses only exist to make money, right?

Again, making money for the sake of making money is an idiotic answer that demonstrates no critical thinking. Period.
This whole post demonstrates a lack of critical thinking. The answer is right in front of you're eyes. Business provides a service or product to consumers at a price they deem worthy. If they do a good job of it, they generally make money doing it, and their employees get paid working there. The answer is in reality, look at reality, stop diving into this theoretical intellectualism that doesn't apply to what reality is showing you.

No those are by products. The purpose of a business is to sell a product or service at a price the consumer deems worthy.

I don't believe value should be determined by the consumer, but I wont get into that.
By the government then? So a controlled utilitarianism is what you're looking for? People are too stupid to know what to spend their money on?

I mean who better to judge what to spend on something than the consumer??? Government making those decisions gives us the taxi cab service, consumers want the much more efficient, much cheaper Uber like services. Oh and employees want to work for Uber over the cab services.

This whole post demonstrates a lack of critical thinking. The answer is right in front of you're eyes. Business provides a service or product to consumers at a price they deem worthy.I

You are ignorantly answering the wrong question.

I asked what purpose a business should be created with in mind. Not what the function of a business is.

By the government then? So a controlled utilitarianism is what you're looking for? People are too stupid to know what to spend their money on?

Don't assume things. It makes you look like an ass.

No, not by a government. Value should be calculated by the cost of resources and nessecary labor. Prices should be reflective as close to the cost of production and distribution as possible. Anything else is pure madness.

I mean who better to judge what to spend on something than the consumer??? Government making those decisions gives us the taxi cab service, consumers want the much more efficient, much cheaper Uber like services. Oh and employees want to work for Uber over the cab services.

You edited in an additional paragraph refuting a position I never made. Don't be an intellectually dishonest idiot.

This whole post demonstrates a lack of critical thinking. The answer is right in front of you're eyes. Business provides a service or product to consumers at a price they deem worthy.I

You are ignorantly answering the wrong question.

I asked what purpose a business should be created with in mind. Not what the function of a business is.
I'm giving you the answer, and it starts with the the product or service. So yes it is merely to produce as much as you can't fathom that. And the proof of that production is how no other country holds a candle to the amount Nobel prizes that America has gained. The by product of that production and service is the lifting of 2 BILLION people world wide out of poverty since the creation of capitalism. 2 BILLION people...

I believe that you are an idiot.

Who starts a business?
What are the reasons for starting this or any business.
What goals and dreams are being attempted?
Finally, how many businesses fail before one succeeds?

You think people chase their dream of owning a business to create livelihoods for ungrateful people like you?

Answer these questions I posed and after that, tell Me how much you risked for your job?
Tell Me how much of a gamble did you take with your families survival to get your job?
Tell Me how much of your reputation you put on the line accepting the employment of a company.

Good for you

You think people chase their dream of owning a business to create livelihoods for ungrateful people like you?

No, which is why I do not believe in vertically organized businesses. I play by my own rules, unlike some bootlicking sycophants.

Good for you

No, which is why I do not believe in vertically organized businesses. I play by my own rules, unlike some bootlicking sycophants.
Too funny. You play by the rules your employers set forth for you, because you lack the courage to risk all for a dream.

I only have one more question for you.

Do you tell your employer to not pay you this week because the business is struggling and you recognize that a little sacrifice now will pay dividends later?

Because every business owner has gone weeks, even months with little to no pay. Just to meet a payroll for people like you.

This is what you think of them and how you would treat them.

Ungrateful in the dictionary has your picture next to it.

Have a nice day, parasite.

Forum List

Back