The protests in Iran and China…would be different if the people had guns……

You are assuming most want change. If that was the case IMO there would have been change.

Red China isn't a free country, its an ultraliberal dictatorship that guys like Biden want to emulate.

Why do you think Sleepy Joe is so hot to trot for "common sense" gun control? He is envious of Xi.

In 2022, Biden got massive, draconian gun control passed in America- actually expanding background checks, etc. This law was universally hailed by the Far Left- but the ink wasn't even dry and the libs were actually seeking MORE gun control. This new law wasn't even given a chance to eliminate violence in America before more was asked for.

The new law just whet the Left's appetite for more restrictions

Red China isn't a free country, its an ultraliberal dictatorship that guys like Biden want to emulate.

Why do you think Sleepy Joe is so hot to trot for "common sense" gun control? He is envious of Xi.

In 2022, Biden got massive, draconian gun control passed in America- actually expanding background checks, etc. This law was universally hailed by the Far Left- but the ink wasn't even dry and the libs were actually seeking MORE gun control. This new law wasn't even given a chance to eliminate violence in America before more was asked for.

The new law just whet the Left's appetite for more restrictions

And Apple, Facebook, Bill Gates, the democrats..............you have democrats across their leadership and intellectual class longing for the power of the Chinese communists...

For example...

I'm worried about this, it's why I have fantasized—don't get me wrong—but that what if we could just be China for a day? I mean, just, just, just one day. You know, I mean, where we could actually, you know, authorize the right solutions, and I do think there is a sense of that, on, on everything from the economy to environment.

Nope.....not caring about that.....pointing out that the Chinese government couldn't use the same tactics they use now against their people, if the people in those crowds could shoot back. Dittos Iran.

They indeed could. Unless it's a widespread protest the people will be outmanned and outgunned.

Leftest all over the world will do any means necessary to get power and stay in power.

Here in the US they are stealing election to get power. In other parts of the world they kill people to get and stay in power.

The Leftest know that the people having guns will always be a threat to them. That is why they the Leftest here in our country are so adamant about gun control. The last thing they want is for some of the people to use the firearms to hold them accountable for stealing elections or whatever they did to get control.

The Shepple in China gave up their right to keep and bear arms so now they have to deal with the consequences of that stupidity.

Leftest all over the world will do any means necessary to get power and stay in power.

Here in the US they are stealing election to get power. In other parts of the world they kill people to get and stay in power.

The Leftest know that the people having guns will always be a threat to them. That is why they the Leftest here in our country are so adamant about gun control. The last thing they want is for some of the people to use the firearms to hold them accountable for stealing elections or whatever they did to get control.

The Shepple in China gave up their right to keep and bear arms so now they have to deal with the consequences of that stupidity.

In eight years under Obama, what actions were taken to ban guns?

Obama actively spoke out against private ownership and use of guns, discouraging the people from the idea of self defense. Further, his endorsement of Sleepy Joe, led directly to Biden seizing power and implementing a draconian gun control law just this year to much liberal celebration.

Obama actively spoke out against private ownership and use of guns, discouraging the people from the idea of self defense. Further, his endorsement of Sleepy Joe, led directly to Biden seizing power and implementing a draconian gun control law just this year to much liberal celebration.

Sorry, what law would that be? Can you post it for me?

It was called the "Safer Communities Act", and it was signed by Sleepy Joe after a shooting in Buffalo, NY- a state with already extreme gun control.

I read an overview of that law and it was noted it was a bipartisan passed law and it didn't seem to address anything draconian.

What parts did you have an issue with?

(To me it was mostly a redundant law that just wasted more money)

Again...I keep telling you guys that the democrat party lost their 40 year control of congress back in the 1990s, and one of the big reasons they blamed was the Assault Weapon ban, which activated conservatives.

Obama wanted to pass and protect obamacare, and didn't want to lose control of congress to push gun control, and the gun control movement had stagnated since the 90s because of the fear of what happened....

So......first, he did Fast and Furious...allowing Mexican drug cartels to get guns...so that American guns would show up in Mexican crime scenes.....to help restart the gun control movement...

Next, he and the democrats decided that the fight for gun control was at the local and state level, backed up by left wing judges.....

The towns, cities and states would pass a local gun control law....and obama appointed, left wing judges would make it Constitutional......laying the foundation for gun control at the national level, and when they took the Supreme court.....

That is what they are doing now...

The gun control laws that are banning AR-15s and magazines are happening at the local and state level...tell me I'm wrong.....and left wing judges have been allowing them to stand......

Until Trump appointed 3 actual justices to the Supreme Court.....

first, he did Fast and Furious...allowing Mexican drug cartels to get guns...so that American guns would show up in Mexican crime scenes.....to help restart the gun control movement...

Next, he and the democrats decided that the fight for gun control was at the local and state level, backed up by left wing judges.....

The towns, cities and states would pass a local gun control law....and obama appointed, left wing judges would make it Constitutional......laying the foundation for gun control at the national level, and when they took the Supreme court.....

Again...I keep telling you guys that the democrat party lost their 40 year control of congress back in the 1990s, and one of the big reasons they blamed was the Assault Weapon ban, which activated conservatives.

Obama wanted to pass and protect obamacare, and didn't want to lose control of congress to push gun control, and the gun control movement had stagnated since the 90s because of the fear of what happened....

So......first, he did Fast and Furious...allowing Mexican drug cartels to get guns...so that American guns would show up in Mexican crime scenes.....to help restart the gun control movement...

The gun control laws that are banning AR-15s and magazines are happening at the local and state level...tell me I'm wrong.....and left wing judges have been allowing them to stand......

Until Trump appointed 3 actual justices to the Supreme Court.....

So yeah, he did nothing.

They aren't doing anything as there is nothing they can do.

When a town or state passes an Unconstitutional gun ban, the obama judges allow it to stand.....as more of these happen, the other courts start to follow stating that the "body," of law allows it.......until Trump came along and appointed 3 real justices, this had been going on in the 9th,4th,2nd appeals courts as well as state level courts...Bruen is the push back at restoring Constitutional law.......the 9th circuit court of appeals was just the best known gun grabbing court.

Thanks for the observation.

When I was a kid and a young man, the Iron Curtain was still up. The media always mentioned how those living under communism loved it just like we love Freedom in this country. They would also infer that those in East Germany, Poland and Czechoslovakia would fight against the threat of liberty and enjoyed the idea of tyranny and being told what to do and what to think.

Of course, after the wall fell, we found out that was a lie. None of the newly free states pushed for Repressiveness.
And if Red China or Cuba are freed, you'd see the same thing, the people moving to Freedom

A federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld California’s ban on gun magazines holding more than 10 bullets, reversing a San Diego judge’s previous ruling and clearing the way for decisions in other Second Amendment cases to move forward.

An en banc panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled 7-4 that the ban on large-capacity magazines is “a reasonable fit for the government interest of reducing gun violence” and that it “only minimally interferes with the core right of self-defense.”

Hawaii gun advocates were dealt a blow Wednesday by a federal court ruling that upheld state laws regulating the open carry of firearms in public.

The decision stems from a 2012 case of a Big Island man who had been repeatedly denied an open carry permit. The majority of an 11-member panel of judges from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit ruled in favor of the state in the man’s latest legal challenge.

The en banc Fourth Circuit ruled in favor of Maryland’s ban on assault-style weapons, overturning a panel decision last year that said the ban placed a substantial burden on the right to bear arms.

The Supreme Court also vacated Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs v. Bruck, a 2020 decision in which the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit upheld that state's ban on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. The three-judge panel deferred to another 3rd Circuit panel's conclusion that the law was constitutional.
------
Bianchi v. Frosh, the fourth decision that the Supreme Court vacated yesterday, upheld Maryland's ban on "assault weapons," defined to include specified models, "copies" of them, and any semiautomatic centerfire rifle that accepts detachable magazines and has two or more of three features: a folding stock, a grenade or flare launcher, or a flash suppressor. The same law includes a 10-round magazine limit.
---
In the 2017 case Kolbe v. Hogan, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit ruled that "the banned assault weapons and large-capacity magazines are not protected by the Second Amendment." Four years later in Bianchi, a 4th Circuit panel rejected another challenge to the "assault weapon" ban, citing Kolbe, which reasoned that the guns covered by the law were similar to "weapons that are most useful in military service" and "thus outside the ambit of the Second Amendment." Even if that were not true, the majority said, Maryland's law would satisfy intermediate scrutiny.

The 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals granted the emergency relief hours before a court order would have blocked significant portions of the new Concealed Carry Improvement Act — which state lawmakers rushed to pass this summer after the Supreme Court unraveled New York’s prior handgun-licensing laws.

In a 4-3 decision with a blistering dissent from the Republican minority, the Illinois Supreme Court declined to rule on a question of whether Illinois Firearm Owners Identification Act is unconstitutional.

The Colorado Supreme Court on Monday upheld the state’s 7-year-old ban on gun magazines that hold more than 15 rounds of ammunition.

Forum List

Back