The Problem With Christian Nationalism

There are some Nazi-adjacent politicians these days claiming they are "Christian Nationalists".

So what is Christian Nationalism, you may be wondering.

Well, they want to trash the First Amendment and have our federal government declare we are a Christian nation.

In the same way White Nationalists want a white nation.

Marjorie Taylor Greene has declared herself a CN. I don't know what Bible she has which allows for an open marriage, though. I don't know what Bible she has which sanctions bearing false witness against others.

Maybe she ripped out a few pages here and there. I don't know.

The problem with Christian Nationalism is, which brand of Christianity will we be? I certainly don't want to be MTG's brand!

In 1802, the Baptists of Danbury, Connecticut wrote to Founder Thomas Jefferson to tell him of their plight. The official state religion of Connecticut was Protestant Calvinism. The Baptists felt their religious freedom was being impinged upon.

Jefferson's response letter contained the immortal words "separation of church and state" to describe the intent of the First Amendment's establishment clause.

So if we were to toss out the Bill of Rights and force everyone to believe what they are told to believe, which belief would that be?

Would it be Catholic integralism? They are the largest Christian denomination in America.

But then MTG believes Catholics work for Satan.

So you see the problem.

/———-/ The latest new-speak from LiberalPropagandaville: Nazi-adjacent politicians

Wrong.
Native Americans definitely believed in individual human rights.
They just tended to believe other tribes were not necessarily human.

The belief native Americans "practiced Sex Slavery, Blood Feuds, and raped, murdered and pillaged other tribes for their tribal lands" is pretty much fake propaganda, so we could justify murdering them and stealing their lands.
There was some illegal practices like that, but far less than happens now in the US, and the natives did not have police or prisons.
They pretty much went by the honor system, and did much better than we do now.

And you are also wrong about the "mega fauna" being killed off by the natives.
They died from the change in climate, and that is easily proven since the mega fauna died ever where, not just the Americas or where there were humans.

Native American Judicial System was Severe by the way even though they did not have courts or jails. Most offenses carried The Death Penalty.

Sex slavery was the norm for most tribes, especially when they raided another tribe they particularly liked capturing the women and tattooing them as their property and passed them around to their friends like a joint at a rock concert.

Also Dumb Ass, there is no such thing as Climate Change or Global Warming.

Total Hoax designed to separate Rubes like you from your money. The only thing you got right was "Change". Your friends like Al Gore, Klaus Schwab, George Soros and Bill Gates take your dollars and give you "NO CHANGE!"

Let's be honest here. You are just a habitual liar with a lying agenda, so no one will ever be able to glean any truth from a single statement you make.

Welcome back to the 1840s, folks, complete with ex-Whig Know-Nothings back from the dead... ...gonna send dem Darkies back to de Plantation?
I see you liberals have a problem with us going back to when we were a country with high moral standards.

Nope.

Try to find God in the Constitution.

Good luck.

The Constitution is the law of the land. It did NOT found us as a Christian nation. In fact, it went out of its way to say we are NOT to have a state religion.

Try again.
Hahaha….Silly unAmerican Tard….ALL Governance in America pivots from and derives from our founding documents.
”We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
All legit real Americans would say our core people and the workings of our nation were forged by biblical philosophy where the bedrock of America’s moral order lies. Sucks for you unAmerican weirdos huh?
”One Nation Under God”
”In God We Trust”

https://repository.uchastings.edu/c...&context=hastings_constitutional_law_quaterly

Nationalism is advocation for increased power for a certain demographic (that is, a nation) of people, above all others.
It can be a powerful motivational force for people who are oppressed or conquered.
In the hands of those who already have power, though, it is a short walk from "Pride in our people! Why shouldn't we?" to discrimination, bullying, brutality, and worse.

Cases in point: It was a major driving force behind *both* World Wars.
I recommend great hesitation in handling anything that was a major driving force behind multiple World Wars.

There are some Nazi-adjacent politicians these days claiming they are "Christian Nationalists".

Well, they want to trash the First Amendment and have our federal government declare we are a Christian nation.

Marjorie Taylor Greene has declared herself a CN. I don't know what Bible she has which allows for an open marriage, though. I don't know what Bible she has which sanctions bearing false witness against others.

The problem with Christian Nationalism is, which brand of Christianity will we be? I certainly don't want to be MTG's brand!

In 1802, the Baptists of Danbury, Connecticut wrote to Founder Thomas Jefferson to tell him of their plight. The official state religion of Connecticut was Protestant Calvinism. The Baptists felt their religious freedom was being impinged upon.

Jefferson's response letter contained the immortal words "separation of church and state" to describe the intent of the First Amendment's establishment clause.

So if we were to toss out the Bill of Rights and force everyone to believe what they are told to believe, which belief would that be?

Would it be Catholic integralism? They are the largest Christian denomination in America.

So you see the problem.

Christian Nationalism is neo-fascist, authoritarian, illiberal, anti-democratic, and violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment – it has nothing but problems.

So you see the problem.

The Problem With Christian Nationalism​

Is that it keeps a moral order in tact and makes leftist filth feel like the filth they are.

Christian Nationalism is neo-fascist, authoritarian, illiberal, anti-democratic, and violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment – it has nothing but problems.
Christian nationalism made America great. Too bad we lost it in the 60s.

So you see the problem.

The OP has the Neo-Nazi Ukrainian Flag in his avi - then rails against imaginary Nazis

Many of our founding fathers were deists. That's why christian religion isn't in our founding documents, and we have the separation of church and state. They had lived under the Church of England, and did not want to ever see that in our new country.

Many of our founding fathers were deists. That's why christian religion isn't in our founding documents, and we have the separation of church and state. They had lived under the Church of England, and did not want to ever see that in our new country.
---"It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor." - George Washington: Commander-in-Chief in the American Revolution; Signer of the Constitution; First President of the United States---

---"It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor." - George Washington: Commander-in-Chief in the American Revolution; Signer of the Constitution; First President of the United States---

/——/ Actually, John Hanson was out first president.

Forum List

Back