The political fraud case in NY against Trump uncovered a potential windfall source of cash for New York

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
It seems every single property in New York is tremendously undervalued in its taxable assessed amount.

Jon Stewart was paying taxes for a $1.4m value on a residence he sold for $17.5 million.

(As an aside, That buyer sold it a couple years later for $13.5m. He lost $4m.)

All New York has to do is INCREASE THEIR TAXABLE ASSESSED VALUES ON EVERY PROPERTY UP TO THE MARKET VALUE.

Charge Jon Stewart tax on $17.5m, not $1.4m.

DO NOT CHANGE THE TAX RATE, JUST BRING UP THE ASSESSED VALUES.

Then New York can pay for all the criminal aliens themselves.

Triple the taxable value for Stewats home from $1.4m to $4.2m.

NOW THE RICH ARE PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE AND YOU TRIPLED YOUR TAX REVENUE!

It seems every single property in New York is tremendously undervalued in its taxable assessed amount.

Jon Stewart was paying taxes for a $1.4m value on a residence he sold for $17.5 million.

All New York has to do is INCREASE THEIR TAXABLE ASSESSED VALUES ON EVERY PROPERTY UP TO THE MARKET VALUE.

That's a good idea but would the new assessed values be for Democrats too. I can't see Democrats agreeing to pay more in a city they control.

THE RICH SHOULD PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE!

Judge Engoron and AG James opened a can of worms here.

Why would anyone buy a residence for a value higher than on their tax bill?

If you claim your residence is worth more than the county says, JUDGE ENGORON WILL SAY YOU COMMITTED FRAUD.

That's a good idea but would the new assessed values be for Democrats too. I can't see Democrats agreeing to pay more in a city they control.

Nothing I say will ever be done. I am merely pointing out their bullshit.

They say the rich do not pay their fair share…so increase the tax value of their homes.

Why should Jon Stewart pay taxes for a $1.4 m valuation when the property is worth $17.5m?

They can make Jon Stewart pay his fair share.

MAKE THE RICH PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.

MAKE THEM PAY TAXES ON THE VALUE OF THEIR HOME.

Don't forget, NYC is now accessing a $15 toll on main roads going into Manhattan. That'll raise some more money. And, the toll even applies to U-Hauls for those that want to escape the madness.

Yeah, I know that feeling, and I did get what you were saying. I guess that was just me fantasizing how cool it would be for the government to do the right thing once in a while. Ain't happening.

The Dems do not want anything fixed. THEY WANT PAIN FOR THE CITIZENS AND THEY WANT TO BLAME REPUBLICANS.

They are sick.

Isnt NY stupid to make Jon Stewart pay taxes on $1.4M when the property is worth $17.5 million?

Lets say the tax bill has a millage rate of 31 That means $31 are paid in taxes for every $1000 of value.

Using this on a $1.4m property, results in a tax liability of $1400 annually.

NOW...if JON STEWART WAS TAXED AT THE REAL VALUE....

$17.5M @ 31 millage is an ANNUAL TAX LIABILITY FOR JON STEWART OF $17,531.

STILL WELL WITHIN JON STEWARTS ABILITY TO PAY.

THE RICH SHOULD PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE!

NYC can increase their revenue tenfold overnight.

Forum List

Back