The Point of a Nation? Open Bordes?

I never insinuated that the motive behind why we "should" open our borders is that Asia and Europe are doing it. I gave those examples to point-out that we're not the only nation debating the opening of our borders. European and Asian nations are as well. In fact, I never argued that we "should" do anything. I just gave examples and said what I think will happen if we do. :clap: I'm happy that you live here too. Good job typing-out the country's entire name. And the EU does have problems with illegal aliens, in fact, CNN did a special on it earlier this month called "Living with illegals" in which a reporter lived with African illegal aliens and showed how they live when they are infiltrating European borders. Many European countries have problems with illegal immigrants coming in and taking jobs from natives. Germany is currently dealing with an influx of Polish immigrants and Turkish immigrants, as the UK is also dealing with Russian and Polish immigrant problems. And you mentioned our social programs like social security, but Europeans have many more problems with people taking advantage of their social programs than we do. I like your last line though, it's very poetic. Is that a quote from someone? Seems like a familiar line.

Are these european illegals recieving welfare from the state? Are they drawing a Social Security like income that they have not paid into? Perhaps the reason they have a problem is the fact that they have open borders. If they have had more problems than us, then only solidifies my stance on a harder line when it comes to closing our borders. Our problem comes from not enforcing an already regulated border. Since we are comparing the US to the rest of the World, here is another foreign idea. Lets use the military to enforce the border. Everybody else does. Lets just suspend Posse Comitatus and place troops on the border. Since you are open to ideas from the rest of the world, then you should consider this one.

As for the quote, I believe it is Reagan.

Are these european illegals recieving welfare from the state? Are they drawing a Social Security like income that they have not paid into? Perhaps the reason they have a problem is the fact that they have open borders. If they have had more problems than us, then only solidifies my stance on a harder line when it comes to closing our borders. Our problem comes from not enforcing an already regulated border. Since we are comparing the US to the rest of the World, here is another foreign idea. Lets use the military to enforce the border. Everybody else does. Lets just suspend Posse Comitatus and place troops on the border. Since you are open to ideas from the rest of the world, then you should consider this one.

As for the quote, I believe it is Reagan.

I love it when liberals fall silent in the face of such reason.

You turned the tables nicely otf. (...as if they weren't in your favor in the first place. Liberal arguements are all flawed. You just have to exploit them as you did.)

England is having all sorts of hell to pay because of it's large Muslim population.

Borders are just like having a fence around your own home. Everyone knows where your property begins and ends, and they have to be invited to enter. The law requires them to respect your ownership. Good fences/good neighbors. Simple concept.

England is having all sorts of hell to pay because of it's large Muslim population.

Borders are just like having a fence around your own home. Everyone knows where your property begins and ends, and they have to be invited to enter. The law requires them to respect your ownership. Good fences/good neighbors. Simple concept.
And England less than France or the Netherlands, not to mention Russia.

It's not just the massive muslim populations, it's also mass amounts of Poles and other eastern Euro citizens pouring into their country(s) creating obvious housing shortages and high costs of housing after gaining membership. Way to go guys, I'd high five ya, but ya know.

It's not just the massive muslim populations, it's also mass amounts of Poles and other eastern Euro citizens pouring into their country(s) creating obvious housing shortages and high costs of housing after gaining membership. Way to go guys, I'd high five ya, but ya know.

I understand that, though I'm uncertain if that is much different than when my grandparents his the shores of this country in 1889 or so. My guess is the Eastern Europeans not only wish to assimilate, they can't do so fast enough.

I understand that, though I'm uncertain if that is much different than when my grandparents his the shores of this country in 1889 or so. My guess is the Eastern Europeans not only wish to assimilate, they can't do so fast enough.

True, but it isn't 1889. I suppose someone could build more houses. :huh:

Forum List

Back