The Platters

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2013
Earth
They are my wife's favorite American group and have bought a lot of romance into our life since 1986 when we met. A few months later, I joined the cult, Church Universal & Triumphant where the most popular singing group there, the Paradise Players, featured Tony Williams of the Platters on one of their songs, "Where the mountains meet the plains."

I saw them in 1992 in Corwin Springs, MT, at the Ranch Kitchen, a restaurant and store on the other side of the highway from the cult's headquarters, even though I permanently separated from CUT within the next year. Some of their better songs from their two albums are "Blue Montana skies," "Homegrown tomatoes," and "Some day soon."

Their act was fabulous and included a short play. I had such a wonderful time I ate several platefuls from the smorgasbord and got the sickest I have ever gotten the next day in my friend's trailer in Emigrant, MT. He had three older boys, and I was lucky one of them did not ask me to play and jump on their trampoline. lol

What memories and songs can you share with us from the Platters and related matters?

Forum List

Back