The pitchforks are coming

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Memo: From Nick Hanauer
To: My Fellow Zillionaires

"And so I have a message for my fellow filthy rich, for all of us who live in our gated bubble worlds: Wake up, people. It won’t last.
If we don’t do something to fix the glaring inequities in this economy, the pitchforks are going to come for us. No society can sustain this kind of rising inequality. In fact, there is no example in human history where wealth accumulated like this and the pitchforks didn’t eventually come out. You show me a highly unequal society, and I will show you a police state. Or an uprising. There are no counterexamples. None. It’s not if, it’s when."

The Pitchforks Are Coming? For Us Plutocrats - Nick Hanauer - POLITICO Magazine

Last edited:
The rich aren't going to sit around waiting for pitchforks. They leave. They are leaving now. Let the peasants fight it out.

The amazing thing about the rich continuing to get richer. (For the nitwits on this site the ultra rich have been increasing their percentage of the total wealth in this country every year for the last 30 or so years) The middle class are decreasing their percentage of total wealth the same time period.

Is that many Republicans seem to think this is a good thing. Or else you'll get an idiot Republican who may actually be bright enough to realize it isn't a good thing...but then they blame Obama! The level of stupidity is mind boggling. I get it you don't like liberals. It is possible to disagree with liberals on some/many things, but also not be a brainwashed fool.

Hey guno, do us all a favor and hold your breath till that happens. Don't worry, it should be happening any second now right?

I didn't write the article, gee you slop skulls aren't too bright

if there is anyone who is NOT too bright, it is you Mr. Numbskull, if you did not advocate what C&P'ed you would NOT have posted it.

ooooooh!! BTW........, :fu:

Forum List

Back