The Origins of Religion (Among Humans)....

So why don't you enlighten me as to what my position is on government being in bed with big corporations?
Don't be foolish. I am making my position known, not yours. If you wish to share your position be my guest.

So tell me exactly what portion of your tax dollars is going to the schools your kids don't go to?
You can look up this information for yourself. I know the steps schools have to jump through to receive funding and I have neither the time nor the inclination to instruct you. As I said, let the money follow the student.

Don't be foolish. I am making my position known, not yours. If you wish to share your position be my guest.
OK here we go again.

Unlike you i will actually use your words that you typed in response to my post

If you are against government in bed with your "religious corporations" you may wish to rethink your position of government in bed with big business corporations.

so tell me what is my position on business being in bed with government?

You can look up this information for yourself. I know the steps schools have to jump through to receive funding and I have neither the time nor the inclination to instruct you. As I said, let the money follow the student.
I'm not the one whining about it.

I don't have kids so maybe I shouldn't have to pay any taxes for education right?

OK here we go again.

Unlike you i will actually use your words that you typed in response to my post

so tell me what is my position on business being in bed with government?
You tell me. You might begin with, "It appears we may feel the same about corporations and government...." or, you might begin with, "I feel corporations are part and parcel of a free enterprise democracy..." Or, etc., etc. etc.

Actually, don't bother. I come in here looking for an interesting discussion, and at the moment I am bored. If you want to pick a fight, find someone else.

maybe I shouldn't have to pay any taxes for education
As I noted above, you and I are not a good match for discussion. I think I have you mixed up with another member who has "Blue" in their name. Sorry to have bothered you.

You tell me. You might begin with, "It appears we may feel the same about corporations and government...." or, you might begin with, "I feel corporations are part and parcel of a free enterprise democracy..." Or, etc., etc. etc.

Actually, don't bother. I come in here looking for an interesting discussion, and at the moment I am bored. If you want to pick a fight, find someone else.
Obviously you think you know what my position is if you see the need to tell me I might have to rethink it.

Obviously you think you know what my position
Yawn. I think nothing of the sort. You are aware we don't even know each other? As I said, I am after a friendly discussion here, not a spat, so goodbye and good luck. Hope you find someone who suits you better as well.

Yawn. I think nothing of the sort. You are aware we don't even know each other? As I said, I am after a friendly discussion here, not a spat, so goodbye and good luck. Hope you find someone who suits you better as well.
and yet you tell me that I need to rethink my position on the relationship between government and business

You contradict yourself.

Let's not forget that taxpayers subsidize religion through tax exemptions, Taxpayers are subsidizing every garbage pickup and street repair, as putting up with the noise and parking problems.

Let's not forget that taxpayers subsidize religion through tax exemptions, Taxpayers are subsidizing every garbage pickup and street repair, as putting up with the noise and parking problems.
Churches also receive a garbage bill, just like they receive energy, cable, and telephone bills. As for street repairs: We are all taxed for street repairs. We should not have to pay extra for using the road to church any more than we should have to pay extra for using the road to our workplace.

The Secular perspective on this subject can be as frustrating as the "True Believer" one at times, both having a limited perspective and that being one that thinks "we humans" are the only Sentients in the Cosmos. More on that factor in a later post here. For now, and to get the subject going ...

The Ancient Rites That Gave Birth to Religion​

Sacred beliefs likely arose out of prehistoric bonding and rituals.​

I bet birds would have some cool religions.

The Secular perspective on this subject can be as frustrating as the "True Believer" one at times, both having a limited perspective and that being one that thinks "we humans" are the only Sentients in the Cosmos. More on that factor in a later post here. For now, and to get the subject going ...

Sacred beliefs likely arose out of prehistoric bonding and rituals.​

Correct, religion is deeply tribal.

The only reason government allows exemptions for those who are religioius is because once the "religious" get the tax subsidy then the "religious" are not allowed to be politically active and take sides. They are just buying their freedom of speech

Meanwhile, a group like the NAACP who is also tax exempt, has become an appendage of the democrat party as they come out saying such outrageous things as all Republicans are racist, etc.

And that is Ok.

The only reason government allows exemptions for those who are religioius is because once the "religious" get the tax subsidy then the "religious" are not allowed to be politically active and take sides. They are just buying their freedom of speech

Meanwhile, a group like the NAACP who is also tax exempt, has become an appendage of the democrat party as they come out saying such outrageous things as all Republicans are racist, etc.

And that is Ok.
The song called religious right actively involve themselves in getting trump elected. I think the time for religious exemptions is long overdue to be ended. Although most Republicans are probably not racists, they tow the party line which is racist.

Sacred beliefs likely arose out of prehistoric bonding and rituals.

The Natufians go back 15,000 years and they practiced burial rights and shamanism.

Last edited:
The Natufians go back 15,000 years and they practiced burial rights and shamanism.

This is the perfect example of how Pseudo Science attempts to disquise itself as Applied Science (actual science based upon the laws of phyics...i.e., facts). Your link professes to deal in FACTS, not assumptions, conjectures, speculations and opinion.

Read from the very first paragraph of this supposed FACTUAL article, 3rd line .........".......ARE 'BELIEVED' TO HAVE BEEN". A belief is not a fact.

When reading the entire article you find it laced not with any application of science but an application of "creative writing".

Descriptive, imaginary words and phrases are heavily used. "According To", "They likely", then they present a supposed scientific report from an institution called NATURE SCIENTIFIC .........that reads "SUGGESTS" ......a contray hypothesis", all with no presentation of facts in evidence only opinion.

Reading further we find "ACCORDING TO RESERACHERS........yada, yada, yada"......more opinon laced propaganda

The report even admits to SELECTING certain objects to date in order to ensure.....a date they were projecting. Omitting the reason why other objects were omitted from the dating process in question. Could it be? Those dates did not fall in line with the projected sought after predetermined dates?

Creative Writing: Creative writing - Wikipedia

This is the perfect example of how Pseudo Science attempts to disquise itself as Applied Science (actual science based upon the laws of phyics...i.e., facts). Your link professes to deal in FACTS, not assumptions, conjectures, speculations and opinion.

Read from the very first paragraph of this supposed FACTUAL article, 3rd line .........".......ARE 'BELIEVED' TO HAVE BEEN". A belief is not a fact.

When reading the entire article you find it laced not with any application of science but an application of "creative writing".

Descriptive, imaginary words and phrases are heavily used. "According To", "They likely", then they present a supposed scientific report from an institution called NATURE SCIENTIFIC .........that delacres that "SUGGESTS.......a contray hypothesis", all with no presentation of facts in evidence only opinion.

Reading further we find "ACCORDING TO RESERACHERS........yada, yada, yada"......more opinon laced propaganda

The report even admits to SELECTING certain objects to date in order ensure.....a date they were projecting. Omitting the reason why other objects were omitted from the dating process in question. Could it be? Those dates did not fall in line with the projected sought after dates of predetermination?

They have found evidence of the Natufians at Jericho and Jordan. They built stone granaries and began to cutivate chick peas.

Descriptive, imaginary words and phrases are heavily used. "According To", "They likely", then they present a supposed scientific report from an institution called NATURE SCIENTIFIC .........that reads "SUGGESTS" ......a contray hypothesis", all with no presentation of facts in evidence only opinion.

The report even admits to SELECTING certain objects to date in order to ensure.....a date they were projecting. Omitting the reason why other objects were omitted from the dating process in question. Could it be? Those dates did not fall in line with the projected sought after predetermined dates?

You have just proven human nature hasn't changed in thousands of years. The scientific process separates us from our primitive ancestors and their superstitious beliefs.

Forum List

Back