What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Origins of Religion (Among Humans)....

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Reaction score
So why don't you enlighten me as to what my position is on government being in bed with big corporations?
Don't be foolish. I am making my position known, not yours. If you wish to share your position be my guest.

Meriweather

Reaction score
So tell me exactly what portion of your tax dollars is going to the schools your kids don't go to?
You can look up this information for yourself. I know the steps schools have to jump through to receive funding and I have neither the time nor the inclination to instruct you. As I said, let the money follow the student.

Blues Man

Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't be foolish. I am making my position known, not yours. If you wish to share your position be my guest.
OK here we go again.

Unlike you i will actually use your words that you typed in response to my post

If you are against government in bed with your "religious corporations" you may wish to rethink your position of government in bed with big business corporations.

so tell me what is my position on business being in bed with government?

Blues Man

Gold Member
Reaction score
You can look up this information for yourself. I know the steps schools have to jump through to receive funding and I have neither the time nor the inclination to instruct you. As I said, let the money follow the student.
I'm not the one whining about it.

I don't have kids so maybe I shouldn't have to pay any taxes for education right?

Meriweather

Reaction score
OK here we go again.

Unlike you i will actually use your words that you typed in response to my post

so tell me what is my position on business being in bed with government?
You tell me. You might begin with, "It appears we may feel the same about corporations and government...." or, you might begin with, "I feel corporations are part and parcel of a free enterprise democracy..." Or, etc., etc. etc.

Actually, don't bother. I come in here looking for an interesting discussion, and at the moment I am bored. If you want to pick a fight, find someone else.

Meriweather

Reaction score
maybe I shouldn't have to pay any taxes for education
As I noted above, you and I are not a good match for discussion. I think I have you mixed up with another member who has "Blue" in their name. Sorry to have bothered you.

Blues Man

Gold Member
Reaction score
You tell me. You might begin with, "It appears we may feel the same about corporations and government...." or, you might begin with, "I feel corporations are part and parcel of a free enterprise democracy..." Or, etc., etc. etc.

Actually, don't bother. I come in here looking for an interesting discussion, and at the moment I am bored. If you want to pick a fight, find someone else.
Obviously you think you know what my position is if you see the need to tell me I might have to rethink it.

Meriweather

Reaction score
Obviously you think you know what my position
Yawn. I think nothing of the sort. You are aware we don't even know each other? As I said, I am after a friendly discussion here, not a spat, so goodbye and good luck. Hope you find someone who suits you better as well.

Blues Man

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yawn. I think nothing of the sort. You are aware we don't even know each other? As I said, I am after a friendly discussion here, not a spat, so goodbye and good luck. Hope you find someone who suits you better as well.
and yet you tell me that I need to rethink my position on the relationship between government and business

You contradict yourself.

Lysistrata

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget that taxpayers subsidize religion through tax exemptions, Taxpayers are subsidizing every garbage pickup and street repair, as putting up with the noise and parking problems.

Meriweather

Reaction score
Let's not forget that taxpayers subsidize religion through tax exemptions, Taxpayers are subsidizing every garbage pickup and street repair, as putting up with the noise and parking problems.
Churches also receive a garbage bill, just like they receive energy, cable, and telephone bills. As for street repairs: We are all taxed for street repairs. We should not have to pay extra for using the road to church any more than we should have to pay extra for using the road to our workplace.

Augustine_

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Secular perspective on this subject can be as frustrating as the "True Believer" one at times, both having a limited perspective and that being one that thinks "we humans" are the only Sentients in the Cosmos. More on that factor in a later post here. For now, and to get the subject going ...

The Ancient Rites That Gave Birth to Religion​

Sacred beliefs likely arose out of prehistoric bonding and rituals.​

I bet birds would have some cool religions.

Stann

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Secular perspective on this subject can be as frustrating as the "True Believer" one at times, both having a limited perspective and that being one that thinks "we humans" are the only Sentients in the Cosmos. More on that factor in a later post here. For now, and to get the subject going ...

The Ancient Rites That Gave Birth to Religion​

Sacred beliefs likely arose out of prehistoric bonding and rituals.​

Correct, religion is deeply tribal.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$295.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List