The Origins of Religion (Among Humans)....

Teaching religion in the classroom is impossible, given that there are so many religions and so many subdivisions among them. Your reference to "Christians that are left leaning" shows that you know this already. Christians hold all sorts of views. Your characterization of Biden as being "in love" with abortion is a gross exaggeration. He may just be, and probably is acknowledging that a public official has the duty to govern in a neutral manner whatever their personal feelings are.

Mixing religion and politics is not a good idea.
Abortion is not even a religious issue, it is one of science and being humane

Roe vs. Wade made no attempt to determine when the unborn infant becomes human, none.

As for Leftists, they believe that the infant becomes human once the Birth Fairy waves her wand over the unliving glob of tissue to make them human.

As for myself, I have no such faith.

1633718825736.png

The use of religion to use for political power goes back centuries

It used to be that rulers would convince the populace that they were a god, such as the Egyptian Pharaohs. But when that no longer worked, rulers convinced the populace that they spoke for God, such as the Catholic church in the Dark Ages when the populace did not have access to the written word and relied, instead, on Popes to read it and interpret it for them. These were Popes that were more like kings waging wars across the globe than religious leaders. And when this no longer worked, rulers convinced the populace that there was not God, such as Stalin, thus making them the ultimate authority once again.

These same rulers crucified Jesus to a cross, and will do the same to you if you dare get in their way.
These same rulers crucified Jesus to a cross, and will do the same to you if you dare get in their way.

votto being one - the rulers who wrote the c bible ...

Christianity in the 4th century was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380,
which made Nicene Christieanity the state church of the Roman Empire.

after they persecuted the adherents to admonish the liberation theology the itinerant died for.

The Secular perspective on this subject can be as frustrating as the "True Believer" one at times, both having a limited perspective and that being one that thinks "we humans" are the only Sentients in the Cosmos. More on that factor in a later post here. For now, and to get the subject going ...

The Ancient Rites That Gave Birth to Religion​

Sacred beliefs likely arose out of prehistoric bonding and rituals.​

Yeah........the word "LIKELY" was enough for me........likely is not evidence of anything except a personal opinion based upon conjecture, assumption and speculation.

"Religions" can also be a handy population control device
This targets the wrong agency, i.e., Religion. The better search is for those who try to manipulate religion for their own purposes.

We may all agree that humans did not invent math; instead they observed math in action and made use of it. The same is true with God (or higher powers). Humans did not invent God, they observed the relationship and interactions we have with a higher power.

Many seek and find God. However, there are also many who think they did properly seek, did not find, and are now adamant that because they did not find, all who did just "made it up".

Be that as it may, governments exploit large groups for their own purposes. Easier to manipulate a ready-made group than it is to form a new group from the ground up.

votto being one - the rulers who wrote the c bible ...

Christianity in the 4th century was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christieanity the state church of the Roman Empire.

after they persecuted the adherents to admonish the liberation theology the itinerant died for.
Man did not invent the Bible

If man had, would he make premarital sex and adultery and drunkenness a sin?

And if a woman wrote it, would wives submit to their husbands and gossip be made a sin?

No.

See, it makes no sense either way.

And secularism has taught us that life has no meaning, and humans now understand pretty much everything, that is, that global warming causes all our ills.

Oh, and don't forget to have an abortion. Killing your offspring is now called reproductive justice.
Hitler was against ABORTION...criminalized it for the people who wanted breeding.

Abortion is not even a religious issue, it is one of science and being humane

Roe vs. Wade made no attempt to determine when the unborn infant becomes human, none.

As for Leftists, they believe that the infant becomes human once the Birth Fairy waves her wand over the unliving glob of tissue to make them human.

As for myself, I have no such faith.

View attachment 549216

I think that it is a matter of religious opinion. Many people, including myself, have different opinions than you do and will not be forced to follow your version of religion.

Nope, private schools that include religion have great math programs, and there is no reason to forego one for the other.

This is another reason why school choice would be a blessing instead of Big Government insisting one size fits all and all learn exactly what Big Government wants and brushes aside anything it doesn't. School choice! :)
you have school choice.

You do not have to send your kids to government schools.

This targets the wrong agency, i.e., Religion. The better search is for those who try to manipulate religion for their own purposes.

We may all agree that humans did not invent math; instead they observed math in action and made use of it. The same is true with God (or higher powers). Humans did not invent God, they observed the relationship and interactions we have with a higher power.

Many seek and find God. However, there are also many who think they did properly seek, did not find, and are now adamant that because they did not find, all who did just "made it up".

Be that as it may, governments exploit large groups for their own purposes. Easier to manipulate a ready-made group than it is to form a new group from the ground up.
religious institutions have been in bed with governments ever since we had governments.

religious institutions have been in bed with governments ever since we had governments.
Yes. Originally the two were tied together like the Executive Branch, Legislature, and Supreme Court are tied together today. And they got along about as well as our three Branches do today.

Do you know who is closer to government today than religion? Big Corporate Business. Business, once the tail, is now wagging the dog. That tie, not religion, should be what sends shudders through all of us today.

Yes. Originally the two were tied together like the Executive Branch, Legislature, and Supreme Court are tied together today. And they got along about as well as our three Branches do today.

Do you know who is closer to government today than religion? Big Corporate Business. Business, once the tail, is now wagging the dog. That tie, not religion, should be what sends shudders through all of us today.
Religion is a big corporate business

Man did not invent the Bible

If man had, would he make premarital sex and adultery and drunkenness a sin?

And if a woman wrote it, would wives submit to their husbands and gossip be made a sin?

No.

sortof but not really, 1st century liberation theology is nowhere in the text of the c bible is why they spent 100 years writing it - to make it as awful as possible without those reading it knowing its true mission.

the spoken religion of antiquity is only 6 words in length, the triumph of good vs evil - ~ the same for the golden rule. c bible is 10000 pages long ... its adherents, the persecutors love every page and have had their way for centuries.

Religion is a big corporate business
We know we need school choice when people cannot decipher the differences between big business and religion--and which now has the biggest pull on government policies and regulations.

We know we need school choice when people cannot decipher the differences between big business and religion--and which now has the biggest pull on government policies and regulations.
That you deny religion is big business with special government treatment is naïve.

And like I said you can put your kids in any school you want or home school them so you have plenty of choices.

That you deny religion is big business with special government treatment is naïve.
Re-read my post. I did not deny religion is big business. I stated there are differences between the two, and that today one has more influence on government. Perhaps you cheer the influence big business corporations have on government today, but remain opposed to the great influence religion had on government in yesteryear. The key term here is "great influence". Those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past regarding this great influence are doomed to repeat them.

If I were a corporate leader I would distract the masses with past mistakes combining government and religion so that fewer point out that government is now going down the exact same rabbit hole with big business corporations.

If you are against government in bed with your "religious corporations" you may wish to rethink your position of government in bed with big business corporations.

And like I said you can put your kids in any school you want or home school them so you have plenty of choices.
And my point went right over your head. School tax dollars should follow where the child goes to school. If my child is home schooled, then tax dollars for my child follow my child to my home.

Re-read my post. I did not deny religion is big business. I stated there are differences between the two, and that today one has more influence on government. Perhaps you cheer the influence big business corporations have on government today, but remain opposed to the great influence religion had on government in yesteryear. The key term here is "great influence". Those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past regarding this great influence are doomed to repeat them.

If I were a corporate leader I would distract the masses with past mistakes combining government and religion so that fewer point out that government is now going down the exact same rabbit hole with big business corporations.

If you are against government in bed with your "religious corporations" you may wish to rethink your position of government in bed with big business corporations.

So why don't you enlighten me as to what my position is on government being in bed with big corporations?

And while you're at it find some quotes to back up your statement.

And my point went right over your head. School tax dollars should follow where the child goes to school. If my child is home schooled, then tax dollars for my child follow my child to my home.
So tell me exactly what portion of your tax dollars is going to the schools your kids don't go to?

Forum List

Back