The ORIGINAL "Fake News" goes to court

So I don't exist in this universe.

You say that like it's a bad thing....

Heads up ; this universe sucks, just look around at all the full of shit, partisan asshats that inhabit it, in fact it shouldn't be called a universe at all, it should be called "DickweedTopia".

"we are in fact living with a parallel virtual universe that can take all of the time that we have" -- Tony Reinke

I listed Alex Jones, WND, Breitbart. I'm just pointing out what actually happened. What they were called.

I assumed we were all in the same universe, and that we all knew that.
hell i'll see you those sites and raise you occupydemocrats.org - talk about a haven for fake news. but i can also give you lots of examples from CNN, MSNBC, Fox, CBS - and on and on and on. it's not just the fringe sites doing it and if you think so, then yes, we most certainly disagree on this point.

like i said earlier, i've seen CNN put up cell phone footage of an incident they have zero knowledge of ahead of time and sit there and tell you what the police were thinking, saying and doing by simply watching a cell phone video. no need to talk to the police, witnesses, the people doing the filming - just say incendiary things about police and call it news.

i'm all for holding those people accountable but we can't stop there. the big boys need to cut this shit out also.
I'll try one more time. Tell me if I'm right or if I'm wrong.

Sites like InfoWars, Breitbart and WND were labeled "fake news" in the 2010-2015 time frame for making up stories and conspiracies.

Am I right on that, or am I wrong?
dunno. i've not followed those sites to tell you. i think breitbart may be right leaning but that doesn't mean they're lying. feel free to find some examples of their stories they wrote that were fake/lie, and not just "wrong".

infowars and other HEY LOOK THE WORLD IS ENDING SITES!!!!

duh. but most people can walk by the national enquirer and realize aliens likely didn't take the big tittied women to the heavens and rape her with a shetland pony. i've already said "fake news" has been around since the dawn of time. my point was and has been when did it become a political weapon by the politicians.

that would be around 2016 as sharyl indicates. if you have other proof, lay it out and we'll talk about it. but its hard to call her wrong because we've had fake news before this when she says fake news has been around forever.
Okay, never mind.

Lemme guess Mac, the revelations regarding the accuracy of alien activity with respect to big tittied women and shetland ponies completely destroyed your will to continue....

I felt the same way when I found out Santa Claus was a scam, It's rough when your fantasies get completely obliterated.

On target...too many are exceedingly idealistic but it is a one sided idealism with the radical liberal do-gooders. Always striving for a easy way to achieve their goal of being morally superior. Such as always defending the minoriites, blindly following the liberal narrative of black victimhood. As in the black guy is always right no matter his long rap sheet and history of violence.

Not to mention their narrative of open borders being good for America, insisting we are great because of our immigrants.

Partially right there...the key being immigrants who have something to contribute--who come here with an education, skills and talents and really want to be Americans...those do make a big contribution. But when our immigration policy shifted in 1965 under LBJ that is when we started getting immigrants who really had no interest in becoming Americans--they come just to milk the cash cow, send all the money they can back to the old country, many of them with a a alien and very intolerant backward religion that come and go back to the middle east and never develop a real loyalty and love of America. Thousands of them have to be monitored and it is costly in terms of money and manpower.

And....it is their children that are most susceptible to radicalization.

How Modernity ‘Radicalizes’ Western Muslims

Last edited:
I take it all back. Trump came up with the term "Fake News". He is brilliant and creative. And he has the best words.

It wasn't created to describe fantasy/conspiracy sites like InfoWars, Breitbart and WND.

I am from another universe. You guys win.

Fake news for a long time was simply known as 'propaganda' and actually I think that is a better term for it. Too many are confused by the term fake news. Back when it was simply called propaganda I think most understood it better.

So your OP is that info wars is to blame for the term fake news. I hate to tell you this, but corporate spin was around a long time before Alex Jones. Who was first, Alex Jones or Dan Rather? And we are talking long before Rather. The media earned every bit of their fake news moniker, and tabloids like infowars had nothing to do with it. You act like it is a revelation that tabloids are false, like professional wrestling. Doesn't change the fact at all that 'news' sites are spin and making things up. Thread Fail.

As we know, the original definition of fake news was the non-stop flood of fantastical conspiracy theories spewed by sites like Alex Jones, WND, Breitbart, et al.

Then Trump was able to successfully commandeer the word via Twitter and his "speeches".

Anyway, ol' Alex Jones will need to defend himself on some stuff:

Alex Jones faces existential courtroom battle over limits of fake news
Breitbart literally takes news sources,puts them in their own words and then also LINKS to the original source so no they don't pander in fake news. That's CNN,NBC,ABC,CBS,etc etc

Enoch argues that the suit is a “strategic device” to silence Jones “as well as anyone else who refuses to accept what the mainstream media and government tell them, and prevent them from expressing any doubt or raising questions.”

EXACTLY! I don't really care for Jones think he is a bit far out there and long winded but I think he has the right to say what he wants.

I take it all back. Trump came up with the term "Fake News". He is brilliant and creative. And he has the best words.

It wasn't created to describe fantasy/conspiracy sites like InfoWars, Breitbart and WND.

I am from another universe. You guys win.
you're trying to pin this to a singular meaning and i think you're the only one doing it. yes there are "fake news" sources on the right and yes they've been around for awhile.

as has occupydemocrats and many "fake news" on the left. they've been around forever as well.

it got kicked to a whole new level in 2016 when the left/google weaponized it and politicians engaged in it.

Forum List

Back