The origin of cowboy culture.

There is plenty of evidence that there have been bovines, ox, cow....ect in Europe since Neolithic times.
This is impossible due to the lack of a food base, and the soil is a more reliable witness than near-historical demagogues
But, my question why does it matter so much to you?
I assume that Americans are the heirs of the Aryan culture

If we assume that Americans are descended from Europeans (which contradicts genetic data), then where did the culture of horse breeding and cowboys grazing herds of cows come from? Indeed, in traditional European culture, not only is there no equestrian and bull culture, it is saturated with hatred of the bull, the Europeans exterminated the entire population of Turs, in the Spanish bullfight there is an extremely cruel attitude towards these animals, there is no bull symbolism, except for a negative church demon. And at the same time, this culture is close to the Asian steppe and Indian culture.
221526814_60f69bfc47c6634333f02a6192e665dc_800.jpg
wtf??????????????????

This is impossible due to the lack of a food base, and the soil is a more reliable witness than near-historical demagogues

I assume that Americans are the heirs of the Aryan culture
You never heard of Guernsey cattle, nor French cheese from French cattle.

The American cowboy arrived in the early 1600s from Ireland.
Firstly, the Americans are not at all like the Irish, secondly Ireland is a meager cold land where there could be no developed horse breeding

You never heard of Guernsey cattle, nor French cheese from French cattle.
Now it is easier, food is brought in and horses and cows can be kept even in swamps. This is exactly what the Belarusians are doing.

Firstly, the Americans are not at all like the Irish, secondly Ireland is a meager cold land where there could be no developed horse breeding
Firstly, you should research your material before you attempt to challenge me. The first cattle drive occurred in 1654 when Irish cowboys drove a herd of cattle from Connecticut to Boston. You look it up before you make yourself look any more foolish.

Firstly, you should research your material before you attempt to challenge me. The first cattle drive occurred in 1654 when Irish cowboys drove a herd of cattle from Connecticut to Boston. You look it up before you make yourself look any more foolish.
You are trying to present as evidence a false history written in modern times, against objective facts. A cow and a horse live in the steppe and it is impossible to feed herds in a hungry semi-desert or forest. They eat a lot of grains and herbs.
Keeping a horse was possible in such conditions, but only a baron or a rich man could afford it.

Last edited:
Where did they get so many livestock, because there are no large quantities of it in northern Europe, there are no pastures, and there are no such traditions, these are agricultural empires.

Longhorns were being raised and bred in Texas for a hundred years before cattle drives became a thing. The cattle drives were oriented at getting cows to the west coast during the gold rush where beef was fetching prices that were many multipliers of what beef was on the east coast.

But we still have cowboys even today

There are vast ranches that still manage cows from horseback

We have Colonial War reenactors alive today, but that doesn't mean there is a huge demand for muskets.

We have Colonial War reenactors alive today, but that doesn't mean there is a huge demand for muskets.
Are you claiming there are no Cowboys?

And I dont mean the pathetic losers playing for jerry
Jones

Most of it originated from a brief period after the civil war and before the railroads were completed during the pony express/cattle drive days. Once the railroads were in place, there was no need for either pony express riders or cattle drives.

The Cowboy culture was started by the mexican Vaqueros in the early 1890's through the early 1900 hundreds in Texas.

Are you claiming there are no Cowboys?

And I dont mean the pathetic losers playing for jerry
Jones

I responded to the OP's inquiry about cowboy culture. If you want to derail the thread feel free to find someone else to play leap frog with.

It turned out that there are many versions of the origin of cowboy culture and not a single one convincing. Meanwhile, the version of Aryan origin fully corresponds to the map of genetic migrations, and the ecology of the central part of North America testifies to the fact that it was a natural habitat of a horse and a cow, just like the Great Eurasian Steppe

Legend has it that Columbus brought Iberian longhorn cattle to the Americas in the 1400's to serve as food and eventually the cattle were herded by Mexican vaqueros north into Texas.

Forum List

Back