The one good thing about the capitol insurrection.

View attachment 492771

I know which president I would listen to.
lastmander

You know Thomas Jefferson never said the quote that you attribute to him.
The source is immaterial. Do you agree with it, or don't you?
The source isn't immaterial. Attributing it to Thomas Jefferson lends it weight that nonsense like that would otherwise never have.
I fail to see any eivdence that he didn't say it aside from the claims of various fake news outlets.

View attachment 492771

lastmander

The source isn't immaterial. Attributing it to Thomas Jefferson lends it weight that nonsense like that would otherwise never have.
Do you agree with it, or are you going to throw a little tantrum?

I expect you disagree with it, and the very idea of anyone opposing your desired tyranny makes you angry.

"A real insurrection would have ended in political prisoner's being taken, and then them being locked up, a new government installed, and the President reinstalled to his rightful position, and the country locked down completely until sorted all out."
-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, I suppose, in theory.

That is what poster 'beagle9's view of what a 'real' insurrection could possibly look like.

However........you see, 'real' insurrections oft-times have 'can-do' semi-competent folks spearheading them. Not always, but probably many of the successful ones do.

And there's the rub. The January 6th Insurrection was pushed, promoted, and executed by America's demographic of cultural losers.

The last-row-in-class, don't study, last-2b-hired, first-2b-fired, ne'er-do-wells. America's losers who have accumulated and curated a whole host of grievances....about 'college-educated', smarty-pants, Title IX sports, Affirmative Action, SUV driving chardonnay drinking pretty people, and Mexican immigrants, Muslims, Jews, Asians, and people who live in cities.

Hell, that collection of losers is pissed at everything because they have been unsuccessful in achieving the American Dream.

Don Trump recognized that, spoke to them and stoked them.

THAT's who led that Insurrection.

It's no wonder it was a failed attempt.

But an attempted insurrection nonetheless.

IMHO
Laugh the frick out loud at your idiocy, so what you are saying is that it wasn't an insurrection, because those who done what they did weren't organized, smart enough or connected to a structured organized effort to embark on an insurrection if they wanted too. Then you attempt to place Trump as their leader, as if he would actually believe that the one's you describe could actually represent his alledged intentions to overthrow the incoming administration, and remain the President. Laughing uncontrollably now... Ok I caught my breath again, so dude, do you even hear yourself and your crazy when you speak ??? Rotflmbo.
You are sounding desperate to play that off so I'm betting it's hit pretty close to the bone.

View attachment 492771

lastmander

I fail to see any eivdence that he didn't say it aside from the claims of various fake news outlets.
Lol, how about some evidence that he did, you fuckin' moron.

"Evidence that he didn't..."

SMf'nH.

View attachment 492771

lastmander

It’s an inaccurate statement that is attributed to Thomas Jefferson.

If the people are scared of the government we have a dictator.

if government is scared of the people we have one that is becoming a dictatorial police state.

You want the latter.
And apparently you want a Dictator

View attachment 492771

lastmander

if government is scared of the people we have one that is becoming a dictatorial police state.

You want the latter.
No, I don't; that's utterly absurd, and nothing I've ever written here supports that conclusion.

You're welcome to look, but you won't find anything.

What I want is for government to stop interfering in individual lives.

And I'm guessing you don't agree with that.
When does one receive this "government call"?

Is abortion interfering with individual rights?

If two consenting people of same sex want to marry is government interfering with the individual right if they outlaw it?

Loose the "H".

What?
Have you given up on 'Let loose the Kraken'?

I kinda a miss her flavor of nutso-crazo in the daily discourse. Where is she these days?

She should be accepted back in legal circles with respect and welcome......after all, she said (and I quote):

" lawyer Sidney Powell told a judge that the defamation lawsuit Dominion Voting Systems filed against her earlier this year should be dismissed because “no reasonable person” would believe that her well-publicized comments about an international plot against former President Donald Trump..."

I love this bar.
Powell's attorney said that, not Powell. There is a difference.

Loose the "H".

What?
Have you given up on 'Let loose the Kraken'?

I kinda a miss her flavor of nutso-crazo in the daily discourse. Where is she these days?

She should be accepted back in legal circles with respect and welcome......after all, she said (and I quote):

" lawyer Sidney Powell told a judge that the defamation lawsuit Dominion Voting Systems filed against her earlier this year should be dismissed because “no reasonable person” would believe that her well-publicized comments about an international plot against former President Donald Trump..."

I love this bar.
Powell's attorney said that, not Powell. There is a difference.
Wrong, you it.

View attachment 492771

lastmander

You want the latter.
No, I don't; that's utterly absurd, and nothing I've ever written here supports that conclusion.

The government becoming the authoritarian nanny state was the biggest failure this nation has ever experienced. The government sucks at social issues, but the Democrat's use it just for that.

"A real insurrection would have ended in political prisoner's being taken, and then them being locked up, a new government installed, and the President reinstalled to his rightful position, and the country locked down completely until sorted all out."

Well, I suppose, in theory.

That is what poster 'beagle9's view of what a 'real' insurrection could possibly look like.

However........you see, 'real' insurrections oft-times have 'can-do' semi-competent folks spearheading them. Not always, but probably many of the successful ones do.

And there's the rub. The January 6th Insurrection was pushed, promoted, and executed by America's demographic of cultural losers.

The last-row-in-class, don't study, last-2b-hired, first-2b-fired, ne'er-do-wells. America's losers who have accumulated and curated a whole host of grievances....about 'college-educated', smarty-pants, Title IX sports, Affirmative Action, SUV driving chardonnay drinking pretty people, and Mexican immigrants, Muslims, Jews, Asians, and people who live in cities.

Hell, that collection of losers is pissed at everything because they have been unsuccessful in achieving the American Dream.

Don Trump recognized that, spoke to them and stoked them.

THAT's who led that Insurrection.

It's no wonder it was a failed attempt.

But an attempted insurrection nonetheless.

IMHO
Laugh the frick out loud at your idiocy, so what you are saying is that it wasn't an insurrection, because those who done what they did weren't organized, smart enough or connected to a structured organized effort to embark on an insurrection if they wanted too. Then you attempt to place Trump as their leader, as if he would actually believe that the one's you describe could actually represent his alledged intentions to overthrow the incoming administration, and remain the President. Laughing uncontrollably now... Ok I caught my breath again, so dude, do you even hear yourself and your crazy when you speak ??? Rotflmbo.
You are sounding desperate to play that off so I'm betting it's hit pretty close to the bone.
Go play boy, I don't need your juvenile antic's stalking me.

View attachment 492771

lastmander

You want the latter.

The government becoming the authoritarian nanny state was the biggest failure this nation has ever experienced. The government sucks at social issues, but the Democrat's use it just for that.
Our country now has more freedoms over what it had 100 years ago. That is not debatable.

"....so what you are saying is that it wasn't an insurrection, because those who done what they did weren't organized, smart enough........."
"Just because they weren't particularly good at it doesn't mean it wasn't real."
--------------------------------------------------
You know, it starts to feel like 'piling on' when, after all, the poster Crepitus more than adequately answers the assertion from 'beagle' above.

But, hell......I'll kick a guy when he's down. This ain't no sissy place. No Marquess of Queensberry rules here (tho no cursing).

So yeah, Crepitus is right. Beagle is wrong.

First, my poor overworked avatar was not 'saying that it wasn't an insurrection'.

Rather, my avatar said the mopes, knuckleheads and losers who ran THAT insurrection were incompetents.
Which seemingly is a lifestyle for such dotards.

Is 'beagle9' expecting all criminals to be smart?

Some of them...hell, likely a lot of 'em.....ARE criminals because they ain't smart.
It has been ever such.

I mean no disrespect to criminals or posters.

View attachment 492771

lastmander

You're absolutely correct, that's not what "makes it so".
It's the facts that do that.
I know what the facts are. Trump was winning on election night. Then after midnight votes mysteriously started showing up for Biden.
Correct. That was the early and absentee votes being counted. A lot of states don't start counting them (by state law) until the polls are closed, or even the next day.

Because of Covid, there were a LOT more of them this year than usual, and because Trump had been beating the drum of how unreliable they were, a LOT more Democrats used them than Republicans.

They were counted later + there were a lot of them + they were mostly Democrats = Biden caught up. None of this was a surprise.

View attachment 492771

lastmander

You want the latter.

Our country now has more freedoms over what it had 100 years ago. That is not debatable.
Oh so you figure that the government provided that for us eh ??? Back then more so than these days, we the people were the government, and we directed the government to do everything it had done to everyone's satisfaction to some degree, but these days it's no longer the case, and after this last election debacle, we really have lost control of the government. So the government is now tyrannical, and fast becoming a dictatorship. Fact.

You're absolutely correct, that's not what "makes it so".
It's the facts that do that.
I know what the facts are. Trump was winning on election night. Then after midnight votes mysteriously started showing up for Biden.
Correct. That was the early and absentee votes being counted. A lot of states don't start counting them (by state law) until the polls are closed, or even the next day.

Because of Covid, there were a LOT more of them this year than usual, and because Trump had been beating the drum of how unreliable they were, a LOT more Democrats used them than Republicans.

They were counted later + there were a lot of them + they were mostly Democrats = Biden caught up. None of this was a surprise.
Ok, so what's wrong with proving that ?? Otherwise we had a unique situation like you said (with Covid and etc), and the election became vulnerable in many people's thinking. So why not be a transparent government, and make sure that everyone is satisfied with what happened, otherwise at least to a degree that is satisfying to most ?? If a huge percentage of the American population feels or thinks that they've been hobswaggled, then you would think that the government who represents them would bend over backwards to ensure that they are satisfied with the results.

Anything else is a government becoming tyrannical and a dictatorship if ignore the people's will.

"They were counted later + there were a lot of them + they were mostly Democrats = Biden caught up. None of this was a surprise."
Indeed, poster Pellinore, not only was it NOT a surprise .... it was predicted.

So much so that several of the large social-media platforms announced in advance they would not allow candidates or parties to prematurely announce victory.

There was credible expectation that that is exactly what the Trump camp intended to do as a gamesmanship tactic.....to announce as soon as the polls closed, or even sooner....that Trump had won.

But the insidious part of it is that Trump's people knew he was in trouble. Their own internal polling told them that.

And, subsequent to the election, Trump's own hired gun, his very own experienced and long-time pollster, Tony Fabrizio......had informed the Trump camp that more of the electorate thought that he was untrustworthy and Covid incompetent than thought otherwise.

Trump's camp knew that. Their own man told 'em that.

And yet they persisted...and continue to persist....with this Stop-the-Steal slander on America.

Shame on 'em all. They are damaging the America we love.

"They were counted later + there were a lot of them + they were mostly Democrats = Biden caught up. None of this was a surprise."
Indeed, poster Pellinore, not only was it NOT a surprise .... it was predicted.

So much so that several of the large social-media platforms announced in advance they would not allow candidates or parties to prematurely announce victory.

There was credible expectation that that is exactly what the Trump camp intended to do as a gamesmanship tactic.....to announce as soon as the polls closed, or even sooner....that Trump had won.

But the insidious part of it is that Trump's people knew he was in trouble. Their own internal polling told them that.

And, subsequent to the election, Trump's own hired gun, his very own experienced and long-time pollster, Tony Fabrizio......had informed the Trump camp that more of the electorate thought that he was untrustworthy and Covid incompetent than thought otherwise.

Trump's camp knew that. Their own man told 'em that.

And yet they persisted...and continue to persist....with this Stop-the-Steal slander on America.

Shame on 'em all. They are damaging the America we love.
Oh just complete the audit's and quit whining.

Forum List

Back