The Odessa File

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Just starting over here.
Jon Voight is a German journo chasing Nazis in 60s Hamburg. I never see this film praised but it is a modern classic to my mind. Fake German accents aside it rattles along very nicely with clearly defined Goodies and Baddies.
Im off to watch the film.

Just starting over here.
Jon Voight is a German journo chasing Nazis in 60s Hamburg. I never see this film praised but it is a modern classic to my mind. Fake German accents aside it rattles along very nicely with clearly defined Goodies and Baddies.
I liked it.
Come to think of it, I may have only read the book. Good book.

Last edited:
Just starting over here.
Some trivia:
Voight = Angelina Jolie's father and conservative republican...enjoy

That movie has been out a long time, it's a classic, and is always the case with these types of stories the book is much much better, and has more details about the real organization in it. Fredrick Forsythe was an excellent writer and practically invented an entire genre on post-war Nazi fiction and semi-fiction. My personal favorite was this book and his Dogs Of War, also made into a movies starring Christopher Walken.

Forum List

Back