"The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think"

How can this kind of thing be made right? Is Obama going to try? How much will it cost the taxpayers if Obama even is willing to try? And don't tell me how much was lost in 2008. The market crash was not done on purpose. The destruction happening under the "Affordable Care Act" was inflicted with great deliberation and much fanfare.

WZZM-MI: ObamaCare Forcing Michigan Couple To Pay Yearly Deductible Twice - YouTube

This is not a change wrought by the ACA, in individual health insirance this has been standard for some time.

No matter how many are in the family it has always been a max of two for a family in a calendar year.

How can this kind of thing be made right? Is Obama going to try? How much will it cost the taxpayers if Obama even is willing to try? And don't tell me how much was lost in 2008. The market crash was not done on purpose. The destruction happening under the "Affordable Care Act" was inflicted with great deliberation and much fanfare.

WZZM-MI: ObamaCare Forcing Michigan Couple To Pay Yearly Deductible Twice - YouTube

This is not a change wrought by the ACA, in individual health insirance this has been standard for some time.

No matter how many are in the family it has always been a max of two for a family in a calendar year.

If I understood what you just said, I'm still fairly sure it would turn out to be incorrect or would fail to address the facts on the ground.

Before the ACA went into effect the deductible they've already paid would have covered them until April. Now it is resetting in January. Before the ACA went into effect, the birth of their child would have been covered by their insurance because they already paid their deductible. Now that the deductible time period has been reset they'll have to pay for the birth out of pocket. And even on the covered expenses, they'll have to pay a greater percentage to go along with what the insurance company pays.

Even before the ACA there was always a max of two ded in a calendar year for a family, it would be very rare to have single family ded in a policy.

I did not read the article after your post responding I'd like to read their policy.

But yes if they had met their family ded they would indeed be screwed by this...

So anyway ... isn't it wonderful how well Obamacare is coming along? :thup:

Even bloggers at Daily KOS are perplexed;

"My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don't go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife's rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any fucking penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?"

Daily Kos: Obamacare will double my monthly premium (according to Kaiser)

Welcome to progressive Utopia pal .... cough up the dough.

LMAO

From the opinion piece:

The author seems to be ignorant of the fact that the Bronze plans are the ones which have the high deductibles. The Silver and Gold plans are the ones with subsidies. He's conflating the different plans.

The Bronze plans are for the voluntarily uinsured who are mandated to buy insurance but don't want to pay a lot.

If you are voluntarily uninsured, you have an infinite deductible, so a $5,000 Bronze plan deductible is far less painful should you get ill.

and if you dont meet the deductible, you end up payling out of pocket, like you did before, and you now have an oh so fun monthly payment the government is forcing you to make. Or you can pay a penalty, which the government is then forcing you to pay.

Progressives seem to only like force when it is used against the countries own citizens.

Why of course. It's Oblama's fault that we must have auto insurance or face a penalty, no mortgage insurance, like hell, you are forced to have it.

Neither are required by law.

What is mortgage insurance and when is it required?

Alternatives To Auto Insurance - Car Insurance Guide at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple

The author is a fellow at the neocon American Enterprise Institute.

So?
Is he not allowed to set forth fact and opinion?

Or is that a double standard and lack of tolerance showing?

Throw in the other n word and you'll have succeeded in going full circle.

Two can play this game.

Obamacare 'navigator' has outstanding arrest warrant | The Daily Caller

“[T]he main concern for consumers is the heightened risk of identity theft and financial loss from a poorly managed outreach campaign,” the Oversight Committee report said. “Navigators and Assisters will come into contact with a plethora of personally identifiable information (PII), including an applicant’s Social Security number, date of birth and income, as well as the PII of everyone in an applicant’s household.”

The Obama administration’s decision not to require background checks for navigators compounds the privacy risks, the Oversight Committee wrote.

“In part, substantial risks remain because the Administration decided not to require background checks and fingerprinting of individuals hired by Navigator and Assister organizations,” the committee wrote. “Under the Administration’s plan, unless states have already taken actions to protect their citizens, Navigators and Assisters are not prohibited from hiring convicted felons, including individuals convicted of identity theft or fraud.”

Last edited:
Affordable Care Act: High deductibles could pinch consumers - chicagotribune.com

Brokers say they worry most about people who qualify for lower subsidies or none at all. Those with more modest incomes might not have enough in savings to pay for medical expenses.

They "could get slammed if they get sick," said Pollitz, of the Kaiser Family Foundation. "They just won't have the money. They just won't."

A potential consequence could be that some individuals may not seek medical care beyond routine office visits when they should, dissuaded by the specter of having to pay for it out of pocket.

"They'll just live without," Pollitz said, "kind of like they do now."

If the site asks you to log in to view the article via this link, search for it from google.

Last edited:
After Two Weeks CNN Reporter Still Hasn't Been Able To Sign Up For ObamaCare | NewsBusters

COHEN: You know, they just keep telling me the volume has been very high, that's why we're having these glitches.

But, Chris, I have to say when we talk to experts, they say this goes way behind high volume. But that's not the cause for all of the problems that we have been seeing.

CUOMO: Right, that stands to reason, Elizabeth. I mean, when we think of all the high volume sites that were out there, millions of millions of transactions a day, it's certainly not just about software. It's about something else. They have to figure out.

The good news is that eventually the bad news will get out. It's probably too late to do much good. Jobs, income and insurance policies are already lost -- even if there is a delay Blue Cross Blue Shield won't be able to say, "Come back to us at your old rates and deductions". Nor will employers be able to say, "Come back to work for us at your old hourly level for one more year before we have to let you go again". But at least the news will eventually be told. I hope.

Marc Thiessen: The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think - The Washington Post

From the opinion piece:

Plans with the least expensive monthly premiums — highlighted by state and federal officials as proof the new law will keep costs low for consumers — have deductibles as high as $6,350 for individuals and $12,700 for families.” Even with federal subsidies, few Americans will bother to buy insurance with a $4,000 to $12,700 deductible — and millions won’t even be eligible for the subsidies.

The author seems to be ignorant of the fact that the Bronze plans are the ones which have the high deductibles. The Silver and Gold plans are the ones with subsidies. He's conflating the different plans.

The Bronze plans are for the voluntarily uinsured who are mandated to buy insurance but don't want to pay a lot.

If you are voluntarily uninsured, you have an infinite deductible, so a $5,000 Bronze plan deductible is far less painful should you get ill.

and if you dont meet the deductible, you end up payling out of pocket, like you did before, and you now have an oh so fun monthly payment the government is forcing you to make. Or you can pay a penalty, which the government is then forcing you to pay.

Progressives seem to only like force when it is used against the countries own citizens.

I find it ironic that much of the reasoning for the unbelievably high cost of health insurance comes from the fact that so many policies cover everything. Now we are seeing more policies where people will actually have to make choices to keep costs low, but they will still have insurance to cover them in case they get some really big bills. But you guys are now complaining that these policies don't pay for everything. LMAO!!

Here's the truth; health insurance should only cover preventative care and major medical. People should pay for everything else out of pocket. Lower income earners could receive tax credits for out of pocket medical expenses over a certain amount.

If people had to pay for a lot of this shit out of pocket, they would look for the best deals. Need an MRI, Cat Scan, or Ultrasound? You have two choices; have it done at the hospital or at a private imaging center. The cost difference? An ultrasound at the hospital may run upwards of $1600 or more. That same ultrasound at a private imaging center will cost around $200. Where you gonna go if you have the choice?

From the opinion piece:

I find it ironic that much of the reasoning for the unbelievably high cost of health insurance comes from the fact that so many policies cover everything. Now we are seeing more policies where people will actually have to make choices to keep costs low, but they will still have insurance to cover them in case they get some really big bills. But you guys are now complaining that these policies don't pay for everything. LMAO!!

Here's the truth; health insurance should only cover preventative care and major medical. People should pay for everything else out of pocket. Lower income earners could receive tax credits for out of pocket medical expenses over a certain amount.

If people had to pay for a lot of this shit out of pocket, they would look for the best deals. Need an MRI, Cat Scan, or Ultrasound? You have two choices; have it done at the hospital or at a private imaging center. The cost difference? An ultrasound at the hospital may run upwards of $1600 or more. That same ultrasound at a private imaging center will cost around $200. Where you gonna go if you have the choice?

So this is all a wealth distribution scheme?

All the government had to do was kick in for high-deductible policies for low-income folks. Why the need for all the other stuff?

So this is all a wealth distribution scheme?

All the government had to do was kick in for high-deductible policies for low-income folks. Why the need for all the other stuff?

Because this entire farce has little to do with actually ensuring access to health care for people. It has everything to do with controlling the people and enriching the insurance moguls (who pay enormous sums into the pols"war chests"). "Free health care for all" is a really nice, feel-good mantra. What kind of ogre would want to deny anybody their"right" to health care, after all?

From the opinion piece:

There were plenty of low cost high deductible plans out there, but Obamacare has torpedoed most of them, and ADDED things a plan HAS to cover as a bare minimum to meet the requirements. Most of the people who wanted healthcare but couldnt afford it didnt want the no frills plan, they wanted full coverage, usually family coverage. the people who are getting boned are the intentionally uninsured or underinsured, who did it because they didnt feel they needed insurance. Those people will now have to pay something or MORE for something they don't want.

As for your 2nd point, ANOTHER federal program the feds have no reason to be performing. More bureacracy, more bloat.

From the opinion piece:

The (un)aca doubled down on this and people's premiums are skyrocketing as a result.

Can you tell me why a 55 year old single guy with no kids now HAS to pay for maternity, newborn, pediatric care (including vision and dental)?? All that does is raise his premium. Period. He doesn't need that coverage but the gov't has decided he will be covered for it, he will pay for it, what he needs be damned. I thought the left was the party of choice?

Can you tell my why people with pre-existing conditions don't have to pay a higher premium but everyone else's premium will increase to make sure that pe person gets to pay a lowered rate? People w/pe should pay a higher rate ... they are a higher risk! That's like having a newly licensed 16 year old driver pay the same amount that a 30+ experienced driver with a clean record pays. Makes as much sense too. :cuckoo:

From the opinion piece:

I think you are dumber than dog shit.

The reason prices have gone up for people like me is that the polices are required to cover things I will never need.

when articles like this start to appear in friendly democrat territory (WaPo) trouble is coming. Things are going to get really ugly n this country, very soon.
FYI- It's not a news article. It's an OPINION piece by a man who was hired to voice an opinion coming from the right wing perspective...at least that's what appears to be the case when looking at his last 10 opinion pieces.

Forum List

Back