The Northman Flop

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I love anything with the Skarsgard family in it, but this time? It kinda missed the mark. Dark, dreary, boring, and all over the place plot wise. I was very disappointed.

With that said, I have been watching a lot of movies via my fire stick and Peacock. Cut my cable, and now just get the freebees on firestick via the internet that I pay 85 bucks a month for and boy is it worth it. I went from 191 per month watching NOTHING because all they have for movies is Harry Fucking Potter, and the rest of the crap they have on the 185 channels, I never watched. Dennis did, but he is no longer here. So....I dumped the cable. Been bingeing a lot of shows just to either fall asleep on, or roll my eyes at (Housewives Of Beverly Hills. What a bunch of morons....rich though they are).

Anyway....I won't say what The Northman was about because I'm still not sure what the point was. I'd rather rewatch Vikings which was MUCH better.

I love anything with the Skarsgard family in it, but this time? It kinda missed the mark. Dark, dreary, boring, and all over the place plot wise. I was very disappointed.

With that said, I have been watching a lot of movies via my fire stick and Peacock. Cut my cable, and now just get the freebees on firestick via the internet that I pay 85 bucks a month for and boy is it worth it. I went from 191 per month watching NOTHING because all they have for movies is Harry Fucking Potter, and the rest of the crap they have on the 185 channels, I never watched. Dennis did, but he is no longer here. So....I dumped the cable. Been bingeing a lot of shows just to either fall asleep on, or roll my eyes at (Housewives Of Beverly Hills. What a bunch of morons....rich though they are).

Anyway....I won't say what The Northman was about because I'm still not sure what the point was. I'd rather rewatch Vikings which was MUCH better.
How are you holding up Gracie?

We watched this last night, also on Peacock.
It is a mess.
I was surprised how bad Anya Taylor Joy was in this movie. She was amazing in Queens Gambit.
But then I thought... well her lines and scenes were awfully written, so it wasn't her fault.
I wanted to like this movie. Like the OP - The series The Vikings was a show that made you want to see more of this storyline. This movies is nowhere near the quality of The Vikings.
Not. Even. Close.
We watched the whole movie, because it does weirdly draw you in. You do want to see what is going to happen. But the writing/Directing makes that process painful at times.

Robert Eggers had great promise with "The Witch". Awesome movie.
But then he made "The Lighthouse"... WTF was that???? Weirdest movie I have ever seen
And now this hot mess.
Meh... I'll probably skip the next one.

Forum List

Back